Author Topic: IZZY 651k Finally a rifle review from me, well sorta...  (Read 7434 times)

Offline dank

• http://
IZZY 651k Finally a rifle review from me, well sorta...
« on: February 29, 2008, 11:10:46 PM »

One of the bigger surprises this year for me has to be the dam Baikal 651k Pistol/Rifle.

It has an advertised FPS of 230! Yes 230 FEET PER SECOND. Someone would have to be crazy to buy one of these.

Well I read and read a dozen times searching the web, This thing is so much FUN and Modifiable, (Kinda like the Walther PPK/S without the modifiable part ) So at $49.00 instead of $99 - $119 I thought I'd give it a try (Sportsman Guide) and I figured  I'd smoke Generics for a month in exchange. Heck it and the .22 512m were $113.00 shipped

As you know this thing is a .177 pistol that shoots 23 bbs or 8 pellets,

It can be A sawed off shotgun looking thing,

Or a Tact looking 1/2 rifle with sliding adjustable butt stock IZH61 style.

The pistol is great looking, things start to look better albeit a little hammy when you install the stock to the pistol, same if you install the fake barrel to the pistol but then it goes to all out Toys Are Us when all three are together.
It came with a package of seals and instructions how to replace them in the Valve and gun! Thats right how to take your valve apart. If Daisy can get 480 fps from c02 and a 3 in barrel I sure as hell can with a 6"

I just had to shoot it immediately!

You know My first 20 shots were with Gamo Balls and it shot pretty straight. So I filled her up with Crosman Silver Eagle HP's @ 4.9g's to cross them over the Chrony. Mind you this is with a c02 cart that already has 20 shots used.

Why not I've read the specs and I think I know it sucks in the FPS dept. Which BTW I've found rarely diminishes the fun factor. But to my surprise the first shot was 461.? fps. WTF OK that must of been a fluke, but no the next 5 shots that read were all there abouts with nothing falling under the 400fps mark.
A couldn't help but think of my friend from Maine who said, as he was leaving, "I won't even think of buying one of those until you modify it to get over 400 fps like you claimed you could.

The trigger is sweet the build quality is there the fps apparently is up there?? and of course it is most important, Different and fun.

N.E.Dan
My favorite gun of all time is the last one I bought!!

Offline cole5169

Nice to see a review on this one!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 03:14:37 AM »
I buy most of my guns to see what I can get out of them, but always a few just for "fun in the backyard".  The 651K sounded like an eventual fun-gun-purchase, but the published velocity made me hang back.

You really got 400fps out of the box????   Hmmm...might have to take another look.  Did you do any accuracy testing? (I know, it's a pistol, but I'm curious).

I'd love to read more, good work!  -JC

Offline dank

RE: Nice to see a review on this one!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 04:28:00 AM »

cole5169 - 3/1/2008  11:14 AM  I buy most of my guns to see what I can get out of them, but always a few just for "fun in the backyard".  The 651K sounded like an eventual fun-gun-purchase, but the published velocity made me hang back.  You really got 400fps out of the box????   Hmmm...might have to take another look.  Did you do any accuracy testing? (I know, it's a pistol, but I'm curious).  I'd love to read more, good work!  -JC

No accuracy testing yet, it's snowing today and my room is less than 10 meters. But it is a Russian Barrel thats 5.8" long so I have promise Yes 6 pellets across the chrony even though they were 4.8g pellets not a one under 415 fps. I think the high was 450? I have it written down in my chrony book the other room.

I will write more. Probably Monday.

N.E.Dan

Offline dank

Re: IZZY 651k Finally a rifle review from me, well sorta...
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 08:16:24 AM »

Ok, confused by all I've read on online dealers with regard to the FPS output of the 651k I went to Baikal's Russian Site to find the specs read a bit different;

Model MP-651K     

Calibre 4,5 mm (.177),    

Muzzle velocity, 120 m/s meters per second,  

Magazine capacity, 8/23 pellets/BBs     

Overall dimensions, mm,240x165x35 max     etc..  

My point is a meter is 3 feet 3 inches so at any rate Baikal's own specs rate this gun over 390 fps which explains the 400fps with 4.9g lead frees..  

Aim so far has been impressive in the plinkin department. I'll give ten meter results when I get a warm day to sort out the sights a bit better the mirror upside down periscope is weird but I think it will work. .

N.E.Dan

Offline cole5169

periscope, huh...
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 12:16:56 AM »
So that's what that thing is?  I was wondering...  Why's it there at all, why not open sights?
-JC