Author Topic: info needed..........  (Read 1662 times)

info needed..........
« on: February 16, 2008, 01:56:05 AM »
yesterday i  put up a post requesting info.for places to shoot/hunt on long island(ronkonkoma),didn't get many responses and was just wondering if did anything wrong or maybe know one has that info....i also responded to a post about a super streak and there were some deleted words(the name of the sporting goods store where i sometimes shop)i was curious because i see many posts that state exactly what stores have special deals on certain guns,scopes,etc.etc......if i did something wrong ,i truly apologize as i intended no offence or to cause problems for anyone....i was just seeking a place to shoot and  also share my experience with the super streak...once again i apologize for any wrong doing......thanks.
                                                                   joe cuz(akita breeder)

Offline CharlieDaTuna

• http://www.charliedatuna.com
RE: info needed..........
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 03:01:44 AM »
Hey Joe... you didn't do anything wrong. We have a word filtering process built into the forum configuration that automatically changes/alters a word if it appears to be a "bad" word or a word that is not permitted on the GTA. Occasionally, the word used in a post, and used in a "clean" context such as "Dicks" as in Dicks Sporting goods. When words are recognizes as "bad", they are replaced by another word or characters.

I have removed Dicks from the list of filtered words only because it is a word not often used and it is a part of a venders name that we acknowledge here on the GTA. Sorry for the inconvenience and if you like, you can go back and edit your post.
Bob  aka:  CharlieDaTuna
Co-founder of the GTA

HOME OF THE GRT-III TRIGGER

Home of the NPSS-NP Triggers:  
            http://charliedatuna.com/NPSS.htm

E-Mail:  CDT22@Verizon.net

Benji-342 .177 /Brazilian Winchester 800 .22 /Gamo Cadet .177 /Gamo Shadowmatic .177 /Gamo 440 .22 /Gamo Royal .22 /Gamo Whisper .177 /Gamo SK-1 .20 /B-20 .177 /TF-99 .177 /QB-78 .177 /QB-78t .22 /QB-78-(CD) .22 /QB-78-(CJ) .22/QB-78D .22 /Crosman 2240 .22 /Cros 150 .177 /Crosman Back Packer .22 ?Crosman AS 2250 .22 /Daisy Mod 93 .177 /Marksman 2004 .177 /GS 35 .177 /FWB-124 .177 /Custom Marauder .22 /Custom Disco .177

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 03:08:16 AM »
thank you bob,i couldn't figure it out.......now i know ........next time i will say ("Richard Sporting Goods") ha. ha .ha.......have a great day....
                            joe cuz(akita breeder)

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 03:12:22 AM »
Joe,

I hesitate to respond to this post because I don't want to offend, or flame, you or anyone else. Anyway if you want my opinion on why- I own a Benjamin Super Streak and your post wasn't even close as to what the Super Streak is. The tac77 elite is a totally different 1000fps rifle based off of the Quest (I think). The Super Streak .177 is a 1500fps rifle (1200 fps with lead) with a different powerplant....

Re: info needed..........
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 03:28:32 AM »
what does the tac77 have to do with anything that i posted,i posted my experience with the superstreak,and others that i know had the same experience,i never mentioned the tac77 elite.i think that you may have raed the post wrong,i stated that dicks sporting goods sells the super streak,but they call the elite powermaster,dicks does their own thing with crossman,which i believe owns benjamin....thats what i stated..nothing else ....if i am wrong i apologize...joe cuz(akita breeder)