Author Topic: How do I apply lubes to my gun? and thoughts about my spring guide  (Read 1889 times)

I'm working on a tune.  I deburred the cocking slot and trigger slot, cocking shoe, and the piston slots with needle files so far.

First off, how do I apply lubes to the trigger, piston, and spring?  I have clear, spring tar, and moly.  But what should I use to transfer it from the containers, to the gun?  A brush?  

Secondly, I have a tarantula spring, with custom top hat and spring guide.  I need to cut the old stock guide off, and slip the breech block part down into the old one.  Is this recommended?  Its the thing from rich in mich,heres a picture of what I'm talking about.  I don't want to do something irreversable that I will regret. http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l320/cklindt/CFX_rebuild/9a.jpg

So far my tune is going pretty well.  I practiced putting the stock spring and guide back in and did it with flying colors.  I noticed the stock spring is a LOT smaller than the tarantula.  The stock also has thousands of shots under its belt.  Hopefully everything else will go smoothly, and this will be a hard hitting, accurate beast when I'm done.

On a side note, for any of you who remember that I bought a super streak, Cabelas sent a ups man over to pick it up today because I discovered it had a bent trigger assembly.  Couldn't get a GRT to work in it!  Anyways, I'm getting a refund and am back in the market for something else.  Highly considering a r9.

Solved.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 06:54:20 PM »
Tune complete, will test fire tomorrow and come back with results.

Offline Phil_B

• http://
RE: How do I apply lubes to my gun? and thoughts about my spring guide
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 09:55:05 AM »
Sorry I could not help ya I go to bed at 8:30pm because 4:30am is when I get up
850 .22 HPA
Marauder .22 w/Leapers 6-24X50
Gamo Viper .177 w/ CenterPoint 4-16x40
Diana 26 .177 w/3-9x40
Diana 36 .177 w/RWS 3-9x40
Diana 46 .177 w/ NCstar mark III 10-40x50
Diana 48 .22  w/ CenterPoint 4-16x40
Diana 350 mag .22 w/Leapers 6-24X50
Diana 350 Feuerkraft Pro Compact .177 w/Leapers6-24X50

I must of put the trigger back incorrectly.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 04:35:21 PM »
It would seem as if the sear doesnt catch when you cock the gun.  Other than that, the cocking is a bit harder than with the stock spring, but thats what I expected with a fresh more powerful spring.  The cocking motion is pretty smooth, I'm happy with that.  Sometime I'll need to fix the trigger problem.  latez.

Offline LPC

RE: I must of put the trigger back incorrectly.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 07:56:57 PM »
did you get a trigger insert or a golden trigger or is it a stock trigger?

if you didn't take the trigger group aprart then just loosen the adjustment screws on the underneath of the trigger and work with it until you can get it to latch the  piston. then slowly reset the stages engaement points by retightening them slowly. i would try quarter turns at a time.

if you have taken the trigger group it apart. from my first experience, it was the main sears spring thats was reassembled improperly. if done wrong, it will not push the main sear upwards to latch onto the piston. might be the same for you too.

its like one of those brain buster puzzle gadgets. it looks impossible but when you learn it, you'll say to yourself "thats it?". well good luck on it when you find the time.

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 01:16:03 PM »
Its a CDT trigger, I didn't adjust anything, unless I did accidentally.  I think I probably just put it back in incorrectly.  Still havent found time to right the problem though.

Edit: I tried cocking it a few times more and payed closer attention.  What I observed was near the end of the cocking stroke, I could hear, slightly feel, a little click.  I remember before my tune there were two, I think, clicks.  Could this be a different problem besides the trigger?

Offline LPC

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 02:57:19 PM »
it'll keep you busy for a while. so, yeah like you said. find time and take your time on it.