Author Topic: B26-2 .22 cal  (Read 6654 times)

Offline longislandhunter

• http://
B26-2 .22 cal
« on: February 23, 2007, 02:33:16 PM »
Finally got out in the back yard and got in the first shooting session with my new BAM B26-2 .22 caliber rifle.   The gun is fitted with a Leapers 3x9x50 mildot illuminated reticle scope on top of a Beeman 5039 adjustable one piece mount.  

The gun is a fine looking rifle, one of the reasons I've wanted one for such a long time.  The blueing is  very nice and even in appearance  and the stock has a nice stain on it that is even and very consistent in  appearance and the wood has a nice grain pattern to it.  The rifle arrived UPS in great condition with no damage at all to the wood or the metal, although I think the rifle could've actually been packed better than it was.

The cocking effort is very easy and I have to say that the cocking action is smooth as silk.  The barrel lock up is very tight, with an audible click, and when fired there is no twang or vibration. The trigger is very nice and I found it very comfortable to use exactly as it was adjusted from the factory.  I did have quite a few flyers during my shooting session today, but it wasn't due to the trigger at all but rather to my shaking hands and arm from the brutally cold windy weather.  I really have to say the trigger really is nice.  

The recoil is mild and when fired the rifle has a mild report.  The only thing I noticed was that when I was tightening, and loc-tighting, all the stock screws it felt like the two forearm stock screws just didn't want to fully tighten.  I proceeded gently and finally got them to snug down  and then I gave the loc-tite a few days to cure.  I checked the screws after todays shooting session and they are still snug so I guess they are ok.  I will continue to check them for any sign of loosening.

The thumbhole stock, besides having a great look, is really very comfortable and just seemed to make the gun easy for me to shoot, even in such lousy uncomfortable weather. There is a little bit  of recoil but nothing bad.  

This was my first chinese air rifle so I had no idea what to expect when I ordered it.  I have to admit I was a little concerned about the quality control factor of such rifles, but I am not concerned anymore, at least not when it comes to this rifle.  Matter of fact I'm going to order the .177 caliber version later tonight.   For $159 bucks delivered I think it's a great BANG for your buck.  

I posted pics of my targets from todays shooting session, along with chrony results, on the "China Gate".  Take a look if you're interested.  

Jeff

\"If it was easy it wouldn\'t be hunting, it would be shopping.\"

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
RE: B26-2 .22 cal
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 02:44:40 PM »
Nice reveiw Jeff, makes me want to go out to my shop tonight and start getting mine set up. :o I'll wait till mornin , tempted though hehe. I agree they are a nice looking gun, wood grain well the whole package. Again nice reveiw fellow hunter. Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

Offline Black Mamba

Re: B26-2 .22 cal
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 09:16:39 AM »
I agree with shadow, good reivew.

How I've kept my finger off the order button is beyond me but it gets harder after reading reviews like these...
Lymph, v. To walk with a lisp.

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 12:58:28 AM »
Ya Jeff, always nice to hear good reviews on air rifles I have already bought.........:) Your review takes the words out of my mouth.. hehe.  The one thing that I am so impressed with is how quiet the report is and how easy to cock. CDT did a debur and lube tune on my B26-2, plus he cleaned up and polshed all the trigger parts. The trigger is a bit liter and smoother than when I had first bought it. It definetly has a good breaking point as well.

Great review Jeff
Thanks
Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline USNCop

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 03:31:16 PM »
Right on Jeff, sounds like a description of my B26 sporter .22

C'mon Black Mamba, you know you want to hit that button!  We have ours, now get yours.  I wish I would have got one sooner!
I'm sure enjoying mine!  Gonna scope it soon too.
QB57 .177, BAM B26 .177, BAM B26 .22

Offline cliffspot

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 10:41:55 PM »
Tried to find your chrono results on the Chinagate forum, but no luck! I got a B26 in 177 that does 930 after a lube tune and deburring using Crosman Premeir pointed @ 7.9gr.
Research, use the right tools, take your time, and do it right the first time!