Author Topic: IF YOU WANT A REAL DEAL… here ya go … FREE GTX’s  (Read 4806 times)

Offline CharlieDaTuna

• http://www.charliedatuna.com

Such a deal… but read all of this to get the real value of it.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/message/1156295674/Free+Beer+and+GTX+triggers%21%21%21++Well%2C+sort+of.

What he is giving away is his second GTX design (the first design was even worse) and I’m sure glad to see him do that.  I’m hoping that he has a lot of them to give away so that all can see. Perhaps then, some of the people out there will see things just what his “designs” were and what I had to contend with. I threw away a couple hundred of them myself.

I have never up until now able to present my position of the why/what design changes I made and now you will finally see why by what he is giving away. It was certainly not his design change and/or improvements that later made the GTX what it was to become. It was mine and the manufacturer that I was using and all of the time, effort and testing that it took to redesign it.

What he doesn’t mention is the fact that they were replaced with the exact same trigger design with the same issues (plus what wasn’t mentioned is that most of the pivot holes and Fat pin holes have to be reamed out for the pins to even fit) but with a better Aluminum and not cast aluminum and anodized instead of painted. What you will be getting is same design that what would be shipped to me and I was the one that had to do all of the work that is described to make them so they could be sold and used. How well I remember. That’s the kind of “design” and  â€œproducts” that he would have shipped to me and expect me to re-manufacture and sell. And I did. What you will receive is the exact same "design" and you will see what was involved and the work that I had to do to not just one, but every single one of them,  but a couple hundred that was sold just to make them work. It was miserable.

I finally had enough of his “design” and I just was not going to peddle his junk that he was having shipped to me any longer. I was going to either find someone that could help me redesign the GTX and manufacture it, and if I couldn’t, just dump it. It was going to be either something of quality and precision or nothing.  Well, I succeeded and the GTX-II and later the GTX-III is what everybody has come to know and predecessor of the GRT-III trigger.

So all of those that claim I stole his design can finally see, if they just open their eyes, just what it is that I stole. I didn’t steal anything. I just remade and redesigned something exceptional out of junk designs. If that can't be seen then there are an awful lot of narrow minded people out there lacking insight and wisdom.

There are a lot of people that just won’t accept the reality of things and stick their head in the sand or somewhere else and others through ignorance or stupidity just wait to slaughter someone. I also know there are many out there that have the ability read between the lines and are intelligent enough to see things for what they really are but don't have the intestinal fortitude to stand up. Other people just need to wake up to reality and be honest with themselves. But there are some can’t and others that just won’t.

Now don’t be surprised if you go the above post and see that it has all of a sudden “disappeared” after this hits. Things like that seem to happen when it bites.  

Bob  aka:  CharlieDaTuna
Co-founder of the GTA

HOME OF THE GRT-III TRIGGER

Home of the NPSS-NP Triggers:  
            http://charliedatuna.com/NPSS.htm

E-Mail:  CDT22@Verizon.net

Benji-342 .177 /Brazilian Winchester 800 .22 /Gamo Cadet .177 /Gamo Shadowmatic .177 /Gamo 440 .22 /Gamo Royal .22 /Gamo Whisper .177 /Gamo SK-1 .20 /B-20 .177 /TF-99 .177 /QB-78 .177 /QB-78t .22 /QB-78-(CD) .22 /QB-78-(CJ) .22/QB-78D .22 /Crosman 2240 .22 /Cros 150 .177 /Crosman Back Packer .22 ?Crosman AS 2250 .22 /Daisy Mod 93 .177 /Marksman 2004 .177 /GS 35 .177 /FWB-124 .177 /Custom Marauder .22 /Custom Disco .177

Re: IF YOU WANT A REAL DEAL… here ya go … FREE GTX’s
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 04:27:43 PM »
quite amusing.

One word...sycophants.

(def: A person who seeks favor by flattering people of wealth or influence; a parasite; a toady.)

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 11:13:30 PM »
Not only amusing but dangerous. Those triggers in the wrong hands will hurt someone. To gain popularity at someone else's safety is totally absurd.

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

That link doesn't seem to work for me........
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 12:46:31 PM »
So I can't see what a great deal I'm missing out on. All I get is:
"Blocked Access.
The owner of this forum has blocked access to your network address."
I guess I'm still on CTstevie's $**t list.
Sounds like it wasn't such a great deal anyway - but the free beer part sounded inviting ......LOL.

Damn, I'm not blocked yet
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 12:53:26 PM »
oh well

RE: Damn, I'm not blocked yet
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 02:49:25 AM »
Gotta' try harder, dude! LOL !!

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 06:45:24 AM »
Gene:

Not only is it absurd, it isn't very smart.

Several years ago, Remington Arms Company lost a product liability suit in Missouri, in which some Dufus claimed that the Model 700 was inherintly dangerous because he shot his mother in the leg with one.

Dufus had been out a huntin' on the fambly spread an' when he hied hisself back to the ol' homestead after huntin' way out or' yonder, he took that there LOADED M-700 o' his into the house.  Kept 'er loaded as he went down to his basement bedroom.  Kept 'er loaded when he laid 'er on his bed.  Kept 'er loaded as he hopped into the rack with 'er, too.

After a good restin' up, Dufus awoke and decided kinda sudden-like that mebby a loaded deer rifle in the homeplace weren't near smart and might kinda be sorta dangerous.

So he decided to unload 'er. Right there in the house.  In the basement.

Dufus pointed the muzzle toward the sky.  Dang-blasted bolts on them thar 700's won't open when ya' got the safety on.  Shucks.  Dufus flicked 'er off an' off she went......

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM.

Bullet goes through the ceiling and up Momma's leg.  Dufus didn't even touch the trigger or nothin'.

He jus' flicked that safety off and ol' Betsy discharged and Momma took one up her leg.

Now, them Levy's of Missouri ain't no fools.  Right thing to do here, instead of takin' Dufus Levy out to the corn crib and beatin' the ignorance out of him with a switch, is obviously to sue K-Mart for sellin' such a dangerous thang and "Big Green" fer buildin' er in the first place.

So that's what they did.  Jury was said to not be kinfolks -not directly, anyhow- but awarded $20,000 in actual damage and another $40,000 in punative damages to Momma Levy, anyhow.  Why not?  She needs $60,000 more than that there e-ville gun company does, likely.  'Sides, she's a good ol' gal.  Prolly voted fer' the Big Dick (Gephardt) lotsa times, too.

The jury didn't seem to care that you can't make an unaltered M-700 do that sort of thing no matter how hard you try.

The jury didn't seem to care that Dufus and the rest of the Levy Clan seem to think having a locked and loaded deer rifle in the house is alright.  Heck, Dufus even slept with the thing!

The jury didn't care that Dufus had adjusted -tampered with is more like it- the trigger of his M-700 in spite of the fact that his owner's manual, which he was supposed to read before using his rifle, specifically says that the trigger adjustment ain't to be screwed with by backwoods bumpkins who can't adjust the secondary and primary sear engagement in such a way as to keep the trigger-blocking safety from failing to do its thang.

Moral:  Big Green got creamed in court on a product liability lawsuit, even though there is nothing inherintly wrong with the product.  They've made nearly 2 million of 'em since '64 and have about 150 complaints of firing when the safety is flicked off.  In almost every case, the triggers where improperly "adjusted" by clueless people who can't figure out how to set up a Remmy 700 trigger the right way, and it ain't rocket science.

Wonder what would save Steve-in-NC's legal bacon if somebody has an Accidental Discharge, after installing a trigger that he admits isn't fit for sale on a public forum because it is defective, and decides to handle it the Dufus Levy way?

I sure hope he ain't relyin' on the goodwill of his pals over there on Ol' Yeller. They might turn out to be just as "friendly" as he is.  I mean, it ain't like there's a history of stabbin' a feller in the back over there or anything...........

I suppose he could rely on the Lord to protect and keep him, but he's an atheist, so that's kinda out of the question.

So the goodwill of his comrades is all he's got to rely on.

He's got friends over there.  I'm sure he'll be just fine.....

Then again, with "friends" like that, enemies start looking kinda attractive.  At least you know where you stand with 'em.

For a fairly bright guy, he sure does some silly stuff.

Hopefully, nothing bad will happen and no one will get hurt.

-JP
http://www.uplandhunter.net

Offline nmmike

• http://
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 08:27:23 AM »
It's a good thing he reneged on the free beer, can you imagine what the legal eagles would do with 'unsafe gun parts + alcohol compromised individuals'. :o
Mike

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 10:56:17 AM »
Assuming anything actually happened, and that someone actually did sue, I think you could certainly make the case that the distribution of the GTXs were an effort to prevent people from buying a GRT-III because his crop simply isn't ready yet and yours is.

It's pretty obvious for anyone who wants to read it: "Hopefully...in the not too distant future, The GTXs will be back up for sale."

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »
So Funny JP. I am rolling on the floor. I enjoyed that so much........ he he he he he

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Re: The waiting is the hardest part.......
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 11:51:01 AM »

I think anyone waiting for Steve_in_NC to get going on trigger production is going to be waiting a really long time.  That really ain't his gig.  He's more of an "ideas man."

The purpose for the giveaway is pretty clear to me, but you have to think like a petty-minded sort to let a twisted form of logic carry you there.

The basic idea is to flood the potential market with triggers that might maybe be made to work so that folks will feel less compelled to spend money on the real deal that not only works, but works very well.

That's the point.  He's got no plans to actually market anything.  I don't think he ever has.  But he STILL wants to make sure that Bob doesn't get the chance to, either.  So, he floods the market with "semi-finished" goods.  Note that he was pretty explicit about only giving them to people who had a gun to put them in or were planning to obtain one in the very near future.  That's why it mattered.

I vowed I'd never log on over their again, because the whole thing regarding the way Bob and Gene got treated on 'Ol Yeller was so disgusting.  I followed the link Bob put up anyhow, and it made me want to hurl.

What Steve is up to is a kind of a "grown-up" version of taking your toys out of the sandbox and going home.  Basically, Steve in NC is hoping that Bob will have to eat his triggers, so he'll do all he can do to make that happen.

I might have to see if I can get a little article on them in into American Rifleman to sort of counteract Steve in NC's move........He'll have a handfull of people out of the Gamo tigger market, but I don't think that can compete with getting the word out to a couple of million shooters, most of which have no idea what Ol' Yeller is and don't know Steve in NC from a hot rock.

I should actually thank Steve in NC.  I don't know why I didn't think of that "Rifleman" idea before!  NRA publications actually pay pretty well.  I'll be sure to think of him when I deposit my check.

-JP

Offline CharlieDaTuna

• http://www.charliedatuna.com
Hey JP...let me know
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 02:49:51 PM »
what issue it will be going into and I'll run out and buy a few for my grand kids and great grand kids. Gotta love it.

Thanks JP
Bob  aka:  CharlieDaTuna
Co-founder of the GTA

HOME OF THE GRT-III TRIGGER

Home of the NPSS-NP Triggers:  
            http://charliedatuna.com/NPSS.htm

E-Mail:  CDT22@Verizon.net

Benji-342 .177 /Brazilian Winchester 800 .22 /Gamo Cadet .177 /Gamo Shadowmatic .177 /Gamo 440 .22 /Gamo Royal .22 /Gamo Whisper .177 /Gamo SK-1 .20 /B-20 .177 /TF-99 .177 /QB-78 .177 /QB-78t .22 /QB-78-(CD) .22 /QB-78-(CJ) .22/QB-78D .22 /Crosman 2240 .22 /Cros 150 .177 /Crosman Back Packer .22 ?Crosman AS 2250 .22 /Daisy Mod 93 .177 /Marksman 2004 .177 /GS 35 .177 /FWB-124 .177 /Custom Marauder .22 /Custom Disco .177