Author Topic: How to put a strap on my Shadow 1000  (Read 1506 times)

How to put a strap on my Shadow 1000
« on: August 31, 2006, 08:57:33 AM »
I would like to put a strap on my shadow but don't know how I would go about it.  It has the bolt on the bottom of the butt but where would I attach it at the other end?  I have seen mounting kits for rifles but don't know how it would work with a break barrel.  Any idea's would be great.  Thanks in adavance - Michael

P.S.  I am new to air guns (since 12/05) and am located in Poulsbo, WA and would love to meet other people in my area to go hunting with or just talking about air guns, feel free to drop me a line.  But until then atleast we all have this great forum.

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: How to put a strap on my Shadow 1000
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 11:49:28 AM »
Welcome aboard Michael

Peopel from all over the world come to our forum.

Also do a search with the search on our forum. There has been a couple guys who have the place and stuff you will need to make it work..

Good Luck

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline longislandhunter

• http://
RE: How to put a strap on my Shadow 1000
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 11:56:44 AM »
There are some commercially available kits available that give you the hardware to mount on your rifle so a sling can be used.  GAMO used to sell a sling made for GAMO rifles, but they no longer sell it.  In my case I went to Walmart and for $4.00 picked up a web type sling, complete with a camo padded shoulder pad, that is marketed as a "shotgun sling".  The sling has two loops, one on each end.  You slip one loop over the barrel and the other loop over the shoulder stock, adjust it, and you are all set.  I didn't like that setup so what I did was I left the self closing loop on the barrel end, but on the butt end of the sling I was able to undoe the loop, installed a regular sling swivel clip onto the webbing, closed up the loop again, and clipped the swivel clip onto the swivel bolt already installed in the stock.  Thing works terrific.  It's comfortable, adjustable, holds the rifle very securely, and it was only 4 bucks.  I went to Walmart the other day and picked up a couple more for my other rifles. I"ve been in seveal different Walmarts, in different parts of the state, and have always seen the same sling for sale in each store so I'm sure they're available near you.   I'm sure some of the other guys on the forum can give you info on those sling kits that are available if you decide to go that way.
\"If it was easy it wouldn\'t be hunting, it would be shopping.\"