Author Topic: YouTube  (Read 4674 times)

Offline brooktrouter

• GTA Donations
YouTube
« on: April 16, 2008, 01:44:51 PM »
For those of us who enjoy and respect  Air gunning, please go to youtube .in the search type in "RWS DIANA 460 pellet rifle" . Check out the young male's video and audio. Rather frightning in so many aspects!!!!

RE: YouTube
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 01:06:15 AM »
As youtube is blocked at my work and home is slow dial-up, can you give a quick summary of what's in there?  Sounds like you're pretty troubled by what you saw.

J

Offline crazy4salmon

• http://
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 01:18:00 AM »
Jason it is scary. Just a young man (boy) he might be 13, but the way he talks makes him sound like he is 7. He has no right handling that rifle. He probably should be talking about cap guns. I am sure he probably couldn't pass the hunter safety course. But who am I to judge. He might be a very intelligent boy. Just scary though. :0

Dan L

Offline brooktrouter

• GTA Donations
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 10:42:05 AM »
I'm very happy to know he's not my neighbor.Perhaps times have changed but when my sons reached that age they got a Daisy bb gun as a starter not a mag air rifle. Oh well , iI hope the anti "gun" folks don't see it.

Offline brooktrouter

• GTA Donations
Re: YouTube
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 10:51:03 AM »
Jason.
    Its an attempt of what appears to be a 13 year old trying to review the rws 460 . The childs remarks are totally incorrect, Which makes me wonder what a child of that age is doing with a mag air rifle for starters,,,,,,

Offline MartinDWhite

• Martin D. White
    • http://www.martinwhite.name
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 01:25:15 PM »
When I was contemplating buying a night stalker or beretta CX4 I saw a video of some 10 and 12 year old using one (cx4) to try and break the screen on a nintendo DS from point blank range. They even took a shot at it while one of the others was holding it. The parents were not around and the very nice house in the background (they were inside part of the time) led me to think they were spoiled rich kids...

Even one I let touch my guns I make sure they are safe or I give them a little safety lesson before they start.

Martin D. White

Offline VINNY

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 03:26:45 PM »
Boy times are different!! I would never have done most of the things on those videos when I was a kid.I agree, I hope nobody against guns see those!Where are these kids parents? Was my generation that stupid, and we just didnt have utube to show everyone else?We did do some pretty dumb stuff, but I was appearantly an amteure compared to kids now!
Daisy-Red Ryder,2-15XT pistols,Powerline 1200 pistol/Crosman-Quest 1000,Powermaster 66, 1377 pistol,Pumpmaster 760, 1077 AS/Gamo-Big Cat,Viper Express,CFX in.177,CFX-.22 [Finally!!] Varmint Hunter / 1971 Benjamin 132/ 4 Cummins b-3\'s./ Walther -Falcon hunter .22, Force 1000-.177/Baikal- MP512M-.22/ Winchester -800x-.177/Baretta-92FS,EliteII/Hammerli- 490 Express

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 12:10:16 AM »
I haven't seen the video yet (I am at work) but I can pretty much guess from the comments so far what is going on.

I received my first BB gun when I was five (I still have it). my step son is about to turn eight, and I don't think he is quite ready for it yet. I think each kid is a bit different as to when they are ready, its more of an individual thing then a "blanket age" thing.

-Mark

Offline gamo2hammerli

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 06:15:41 PM »
Hope the kid don't shoot himself or somebody else with his "Blank" cleaning pellets!!!!  I read that a member here shot a cleaning pellet out of his air rifle and it cracked a window 5 feet away.  I wonder if those "magnum" or even regular 1000fps air rifles would break skin if they only shot air out of them?
Gamo: Expotec .177 + Big Cat .177 + Viper .177 + Whisper .177, Hammerli Titan .177, Diana model 24 .177, RWS-Diana P5 Magnum pistol .177, Crosman: G1 Extreme .177 + Storm XT .177 + Sierra Pro .177 + 1377 pistol .177, Air Arms S410SL .22, BSA Scorpion T10 .22, FX Cyclone .177, Remington Air Master 77 .177 + BB\'s,

Offline jeebs73433

• GTA Donations
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 02:00:45 PM »
There are tons of video on you tube and most of them are down right scary. I saw just yesterday a young boy shoot his little brother with what looked like a crosman guest. The kid thought that it was funny untill he saw all of the blood pouring from his brothers arm. I am still disturbed by this video and wonder why youtube does not pull it. If the cops saw this vid they would defanatly would charge the kid. I am always scared seing these young kids calling air soft guns bb guns. Then when they do get there hands on a real bb or pell gun and think that its ok to shoot one onother not knowing they can seriously injure or kill themselves.

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 06:37:58 PM »

We are currently having a problem with a young adult owner of a Talon and AR6, posting utube videos of unsafe shooting practices, and trying to slip them into the NZ forum. Several vids show the Taoln and Evanix aimed at the camera's direction, and hitting a metal disc reputedly 30yrds away and to the side ofthe cameraman. The young guys are shooting from 100, 150 and 200 yards away. At that range 30 yards isn't such a big safety margin, and I would think with something doing in excess of 60 ft/lbs you would not want to be in front of the firing line at any stage.

Just to show how immature this guy was, upon moderating the posts and explaining why they were not suitbale to show to impressionable kids, I got no end of abuse, and continue to when removing videos he tries to slip in.

He is getting his membership canned on our forum, and I also wonder at the ethics of Utube administrators.

Monkey see, Monkey do.......thats the problem.

cheers

GS

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 11:26:01 PM »
Hey Adam, I searched YouTube and found the videos to which you refer. They couldn't pay me enough to be that camera operator, no matter HOW safe the shooters think it is.

YouTube has a feature where a video can be flagged as inappropriate, although the viewer has to go through a free registration with a login and password. Since I'm not registered I don't know if comments can be added to the flag; I tend not to feel comfortable registering at lots of the websites that offer it (GTA was a no-brainer though ;~). They do specifically mention this criteria for flagging:

"6. Harmful dangerous acts
"Harmful dangerous acts" may include content which is depicts behavior likely to cause serious injury or death to a third party." Sounds to me like plenty of justification to flag those videos.

Here's a snippet from the YouTube FAQ related to inappropriate content:

"How does YouTube handle inappropriate content?
When YouTube users identify inappropriate content, as described in our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines, they are able to flag the video. Each flagged video is promptly reviewed by YouTube administrators (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) who immediately remove any content that violates the Terms of Use."

I can't say at all how conservative the admins are when deciding what should be pulled or not, but it might be worth a try.

I'm all for people having fun while shooting, but a little common sense, please!

Bryan

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 08:40:31 AM »

Bryan, thanks for that info. I am registered myself so I might investigate the flagging feature.

Someone has to make a stand for safety at some point huh?

What bugs me the most is the videos being titled "Target shooting in New Zealand"........they are about as far away from Target shooting as Pole dancing is from Ballet. It is just mucking around being idiots, and they don't really understand no-one is impressed. None of us want to be associated with people like that, who quite frankly are candidates for a Darwin award.

Cheers

GS

Offline gamo2hammerli

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 09:52:03 AM »
Unfortunately....like the saying goes....It's Fun Until Someone Loses An Eye.
Gamo: Expotec .177 + Big Cat .177 + Viper .177 + Whisper .177, Hammerli Titan .177, Diana model 24 .177, RWS-Diana P5 Magnum pistol .177, Crosman: G1 Extreme .177 + Storm XT .177 + Sierra Pro .177 + 1377 pistol .177, Air Arms S410SL .22, BSA Scorpion T10 .22, FX Cyclone .177, Remington Air Master 77 .177 + BB\'s,