Author Topic: Why pcp?  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: Why pcp?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 04:53:02 PM »
J is absolutely correct when he says the spring torque and piston recoil is difficult for some people to figure out. It took me a while to get the hang of a well tuned springer. They can be a bit of a challenge but if you enjoy them you will love em when you finally hit your spot consistently..:) As far as PCP's go they are the same in the respect that they sling lead just like the springers but without all the mechanical stuff to overcome. They are much easier to shoot and on the average are much more accurate for the average bear..:) The importance of FPS between the two types of air guns will actually depend on what you want to use them for. And whether or not you want to shoot .177 or .22 calibers. This can be a very broad question..:) Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline 3n00n

• http://
Cutting targets with .177 is usually less costly
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 05:07:35 PM »
For most critter gettin' the ol'.22 hasan energy edge, andgood pellet selection. Never have been much of a .20 critic, but don't own any for lack of pellet selection. That is just me though.
`
Then again, since I cast 535grain .457 slugs for a BBB tuned DAQ -I s'pose if you like a.20, then that would be the oneto usefor the task. 8)

Offline DanoInTx

• http://airgunartisans.com
Re: Why pcp?
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 05:29:26 AM »
Sure don't want to shoot up near the sound barrier, that kills accuracy with a diablo pellet.  The thing with a PCP is that you can shoot say a .22 caliber pellet at 950fps or so, and I'm talking a heavy .22 pellet like a Kodiak or Eui Jin.  For a hunter to be able to hit a critter at a distance with so much force is great, but still partly because of the waisted pellet design it wont carry as far as a .22LR or similar.  I personally stick with .177 because I punch paper mostly, but I DO shoot a heavy 10.5 grain pellet most of the time up between 850-950fps depending on the gun...and (almost)zero recoil.  I've heard it said that shooting a PCP is very clinical, and I agree, it's like surgery at a distance:)
Dan

Current shooters: Beeman HW97K .177 with Hawke Eclipse 4x16x50SFAO and Steve C. stock, Beeman R9 .177 with Hawke Airmax 4-12x40AO and Gene\'s Midas touch, Air Arms S200 with Bushnell Banner 6x24x40AO Rowan brass bling and Steve C. custom stock, BAM B25, BAM B40 .177 with BSA 3x12x44AO, Benjamin Marauder .22, Benjamin 397 pumper.

\"repeat this mantra:
Air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzzz!!!  ...You will feel better\" T.E.C.2008