Author Topic: Busy weekend in Georgia AG Shooting  (Read 3973 times)

Offline kirby999

• http://
Busy weekend in Georgia AG Shooting
« on: November 16, 2008, 12:38:51 PM »
I shot my first formal AG benchrest match Saturday , Here's a report on that match : Saturday , Was filled with sun , clouds spewing rain , drizzle, and wind from every direction that there was . LOL . This was our first Airgun Benchrest match at Gold City Rimfire range in Dahlonega , Georgia . We had four shooting brave the conditions to give benchrest a shot. haha . The wind was swirling and had gusts that were over 30mph !! It knock over one of the sawhorse target stands used by two of the shooters .One of our shooter , an experienced rimfire shooter (Ray Brooks) put on the match and schooled us in how to read his wind flags he put out. At several times the 4 windflags were pointed in different directions with the propellers spinner wild. Over all I think we did pretty good for "rookies" . kirby The scores out of a possible 750
  Ray Brooks 1St- 714 4
  Jon  Oswald 2 nd-710 5
  David Kirby 3rd  686 4
 Ed Horne 4th 670 2 ........................................................................................... Ray shot a .177 cal.Daystate CRX, he bought from Jon two weeks ago ; Jon shot a .22 cal. FX tarantula he bought last week , Ed shot a .177 BSA , he bought a week ago also. I shot one of my 12fpe .177 cal. S400C Carbines . It was fun even under tough conditions. And the Today Airgunning Atlanta had their November field target match and here's that report written by one of our new members Michael Robins .Well, we had our first cold weather match at Airgunning Atlanta. It was about 39
 degrees Fahrenheit with 10-15 mile per hour winds when we left for the range this
 morning. Doug Vinson and I (Michael Robins) arrived at the range to find David Kirby
 and newcomer Ron Doyle already at the range. Our fearless leader Ken Hughes arrived
 a little later. By the way, thanks for making me write this. lol...  We were
 wondering if Scott Thome would make it when he did show up just in time.  

We now had a dominating Hunter division with 4 shooters and 2 shooters in the PCP
 division. Hunter division rules !!! We set up for some practice and sighting in. The
 wind was kicking those pellets all over the place. It would blow left, then right,
 then in your face. The wind indicator was spinning around in circles. This was going
 to be fun to compensate for.  

We shot a 62 shot match. One lane was a kneeling lane with 3 targets and we also had
 one standing lane with 3 targets at 2 shots per target. My favorite lanes. Not!!!
 All in all it was nice casual match. Good conversation and a little teasing.amongst
 the shooters. A little different from the major events where there is a slightly
 more serious atmosphere.  

Doug ranked 1rst in the PCP unlimited with a score of 53. Good shooting Doug! I see
 you were in the groove today. Ken ranked 2nd with a score of 43. Ken got all 6 of
 his standing shots! Good job!  

In the dominating Hunter Division, Scott came in 1rst with a score of 47. Scott is
 still the untouchable Hunter division master. David was nipping right at Scott's
 heels with a 44 for 2nd place. David got 5 out of 6 on his standing shots. Nice aim!
  I shot a 38 for 4th place. I really need to practice my standing and kneeling shots
 better.  Newcomer to field target, Ron shot an impressive 30 on his first time out
 for 5th place. Way to go! I understand that alot of newcomers don't break 10 on
 their first time out.

I really had a good time shooting with the fellas. If anyone is interested, come and
 join us at our next match. Schedule and directions are posted at our
 website:http://www.airgunningatlanta.com/     Hope to see ya there!
\" Shooting PCP\'s; I sometimes miss that  unmistakable smell of a springer . \"

Offline kirby999

• http://
RE: Busy weekend in Georgia AG Shooting
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 03:20:21 AM »
FYI ; since I couldn't go back and edit my previous post this morning . Michael in the hunter division at AA Sunday shot a 38 for 3rd place , not 4th and Ron shot his 30 for a 4th place not a 5th . We only had the 4 shooters in that division. First and second place were correct. kirby
\" Shooting PCP\'s; I sometimes miss that  unmistakable smell of a springer . \"