Author Topic: Was just checking out the Crosman gate  (Read 2044 times)

Offline VINNY

• http://
Was just checking out the Crosman gate
« on: June 24, 2008, 05:48:22 PM »
and I think I wont be going back there again.Talk about RUDE!Who is this Bruce C- - guy?!I dont need the attitude.This is the best forum I have been to.The only one I have ever logged on to.The  latest entries in the Crosman forum are a perfect example why.THANK YOU GENE!!!!
Daisy-Red Ryder,2-15XT pistols,Powerline 1200 pistol/Crosman-Quest 1000,Powermaster 66, 1377 pistol,Pumpmaster 760, 1077 AS/Gamo-Big Cat,Viper Express,CFX in.177,CFX-.22 [Finally!!] Varmint Hunter / 1971 Benjamin 132/ 4 Cummins b-3\'s./ Walther -Falcon hunter .22, Force 1000-.177/Baikal- MP512M-.22/ Winchester -800x-.177/Baretta-92FS,EliteII/Hammerli- 490 Express

Offline Big_Bill

RE: Was just checking out the Crosman gate
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 06:01:24 PM »

I see what you mean Vinny,

That activity would NOT be tolerated here, we go by the Golden Rule, and if someone can't be civil, he Will hear about it. Thankfully, we seldom have anyone like that join.

THE GTA IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE ! Thanks to Gene and Bob !

Bill

Life Member of The United States of America
Life Member of the National Rifle Association
Member Air Guns Addicted Anonymous
SHOOT SAFE ! - SHOOT WELL ! - SHOOT OFTEN !
Always Use A Spring Compressor ! and Buy the GREAT GRT-III & CBR Triggers, cause they are GRRRREAT !

Offline VINNY

Re: Was just checking out the Crosman gate
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 06:18:05 PM »
That is very not cool! I know that I dont have the greatest airgun collection around, but I love the ones I have as much as the ones I will get.I am proud to have them, and yes, my .22 CFX is beautiful,  dang it!!!
Daisy-Red Ryder,2-15XT pistols,Powerline 1200 pistol/Crosman-Quest 1000,Powermaster 66, 1377 pistol,Pumpmaster 760, 1077 AS/Gamo-Big Cat,Viper Express,CFX in.177,CFX-.22 [Finally!!] Varmint Hunter / 1971 Benjamin 132/ 4 Cummins b-3\'s./ Walther -Falcon hunter .22, Force 1000-.177/Baikal- MP512M-.22/ Winchester -800x-.177/Baretta-92FS,EliteII/Hammerli- 490 Express

Offline gamo2hammerli

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 07:17:37 PM »
Usually I don't go into the '''crosman gate".....I think I've only went there 3 times.  Now I'll have to go there to see what happened....... :p
Gamo: Expotec .177 + Big Cat .177 + Viper .177 + Whisper .177, Hammerli Titan .177, Diana model 24 .177, RWS-Diana P5 Magnum pistol .177, Crosman: G1 Extreme .177 + Storm XT .177 + Sierra Pro .177 + 1377 pistol .177, Air Arms S410SL .22, BSA Scorpion T10 .22, FX Cyclone .177, Remington Air Master 77 .177 + BB\'s,

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 01:28:08 AM »
I saw that post too. Guy was being a jerk  for sure, but they handled  it OK. I learn a lot over there too. I will say though, that there have been times even on this forum where some posters have been put down ,so to speak, and told to go back to their cyber corner. I have seen where this was mostly for going againist what is apparently accepted as dogma, as far as some airgun issues go, when they posted other- wise when reporting their own personal experiences. I notice, and I'm very new to the net, that the anynomity provided can work againist some new posters with information to share. Some vetern long time posters  to these message boards would do well to remember that. You really don't know who your talking to, or what their real world experience is. You just might be suprised if you did. It's just really all only some individual 's personal opinion anyways ,and you know what they say in regards to those. Opinions that is.

Offline Izzie45895

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 01:53:19 AM »
Vinny,

I think there might have been a misunderstanding occurring there. Over there, you don't need to be logged in to view pics, unlike here. Bruce is kind of a newbee, but over there if you log in as anonymous, it's kind of expected that you are a troll. It HAS happened over there. More than it should have.
Try going to to your N54 profile and putting your name in it. Also since everybody over there isn't a member here, just post your pics there so everyone can see them. You've got a good looking Crosman there - I'm sure that the folks over there would like to see/comment on it.

There are some good/very helpful people over there. Not quite as close knit as here, but it's a great place for all kinds of Crosman info. I invited all of them to come check the GTA out - I hope some of them do, 'cause this IS a great place to be!

Iz

Offline riarcher

Re: Was just checking out the Crosman gate
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 02:48:39 AM »
I bounce about quite a bit in my spare time on the internet. Including that site I've noticed that many seem to have some wet nosed kids trying to stir the pot. And not all are really young "kids". Fortunately, I find that most of the sites (even being such as they are) have some very good folks and info, they just seem to gather some "problem children" along with the good ones. I've not found any forums that are all bad as of yet, there's good in all, sometimes just a little more difficult to find. I post very little on most. GTA is definately #1 in my mind. There are a couple of others I'll post in from time to time. But GTA is the one I prefer to call home when it comes to airguns.
Being glad there is something for everyone,, I really appreciate the "other" sites for keeping the " ^&*#@" at anouther location. (LOL)
Interestingly,, I'm often seeing mention of GTA, CDT, and GENE_SC on other sites as reference or referrel.
I assume that speaks well of this cyber site, the administrators, and members? (S)
I'm VERY happy to have found this early on in my airgun searchs.
Gary

Offline Big_Bill

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 04:02:49 AM »

Hello Robert,

The only time that I have seen anyone "put down" here, or corrected,is if they are promoting unsafe, dangerous, illegalor information that could cause damage to our members, or theirairguns.

The GTA has it's policies, and safety is primary !

Discussions concerning new, or improved methods of doing anything, are always welcome here, that's why the GTA is here. lol However when unproven ideas are stated as fact, and go against established knowledge, caution must be taken to prevent the members, new to airguns, from taking this advice as gospel, and destroying, or damagingtheir airguns. Anyone can do whatever they choose with their airguns, and if they find it successful, pass on their results.

Bill

Life Member of The United States of America
Life Member of the National Rifle Association
Member Air Guns Addicted Anonymous
SHOOT SAFE ! - SHOOT WELL ! - SHOOT OFTEN !
Always Use A Spring Compressor ! and Buy the GREAT GRT-III & CBR Triggers, cause they are GRRRREAT !

Offline derekmcminn

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 09:05:06 AM »
The forum is not very user friendly. Can't upload pics, you have to log in or your post shows up as anonymous, etc. I tried starting a thread about my 1377 project but i screwed it up. This guy Bruce jumped all over me and called me a troll. I still go there frequently because lots of information can be had and I love Crosman airguns!

The GTA forum is set up like most forums---easy to reply, easy to start a thread, pics are uploadable, you can insert avatars and signatures, etc.
\"My favorite airgun is the one I\'m buying next..\"

Offline Izzie45895

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 10:21:43 AM »
Derek,
Excuse me for correcting you. Yes you CAN upload pics - they just have to be a certain size and format. And they only stick around for about a week. That's why most folks use Photobucket or another hosting site. There is a how-to on the site on how to upload pics.

And you CAN'T post unless you DO log in. Someone shows up as anonymous because they don't put a name or nick in their N54 profile.

Bruce C was being a creep the last few days. Apparently he has been having a difficult ride lately and was taking it out on everyone else. He has been admonished by several of the members and at least one moderator. It happens. Even here. People get their crap jumped, straighten up, and all is forgiven. Even here.

BTW, he HAS publicly apologized for his indescretions.

I'm not trying to get ANYONE to go there. I've been a member since the green became green. I started out in the airgun world collecting and modding Crosmans. I just hate to see anyone lose out on the wealth of information there because someone there was having a bad day(or week).

If you are a hardcore Crosman fan, there is a crapload of info there to help you. If you are looking for a Crosman gun, the green classifieds are the best place to start. The place has more info about Crosman guns, both classic and contemporary, than anywhere else(on the internet or not).

You'll definately have to make up your own mind, but like I said, I'd HATE to see any Crosman fan lose out on the wealth of info there.

Iz

Offline nyairman

• http://www.totallygraphic.org
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 09:27:23 AM »
Looks like Bruce C posted a sincere apology @ the crosman forum yesterday. At least he realized his mistake(s) and apologized. Most people would not.

Greg
Do not ever forget 9-11-01