Author Topic: Forum rules....  (Read 2340 times)

Forum rules....
« on: June 18, 2006, 10:24:04 AM »
Just read through the forum rules. I was sad to see things like no discussion of airgun moderators, no comments about dealers, etc.

Seems the new Yellow Forum is much like the other. I was really hoping for a free speech forum.

BS

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
It is an open forum............ but its not the place to do any
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 01:14:22 AM »
personal attacks on individuals or openly attack a dealer etc etc. As the rule states, you can deal with those issues on a one on one bases with the party you have differences with.

The Back Room is here for any open discussions that deal with non air gun related subjects.

We have set these rules to be as fair as possible for everyone. And we can only ask that our members adhere to them the best that they can.

If you or anyone have suggestions on adding to, subtracting from, modifying or changing something then send us a suggestion from the Member Suggestion Box.

Thanks for pointing this out to us Bikerscum..

Sincerely
Gene

THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline CharlieDaTuna

• http://www.charliedatuna.com
RE: Hi Bikerscum.... about that Forum rule....
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 02:02:06 AM »
I agree with you but I think what should be read into that is that rather than bashing dealers, or tuners on this or any other forum for that matter is something that doesn't resolve anything and should be dealt with between the two parties. The reason is that it's usually a conflict that others do not have information or are not privey to what actually happened are not fully undrstood and most often these things are  resolved with time and understanding between the two parties. In the interim, the dealer or whoever may be unfairly penalized and/or business is hurt unfairly because an individual person is disgruntled and wants to "get him" (at that moment) ...lol... .

Discussing a dealer or tuner or whatever I don't see as a problem, I just feel that bashing them on the forums is not the right thing to do.

Make sense???

Regarding discussing moderators ...hey.. feel free. I'm not a moderator yet but may be before long. Talk about me as much as you like. It seems as though some do anyhow...lol... It really doesn't hurt Gene's or my feeling a whole lot and this forum does promote openess within being civil.

But I'll take another look at that rule and mabe it can be rewritten a little. If you have a suggestion, send me an e-mail or call me.

Bob

CharlieDaTuna
Bob  aka:  CharlieDaTuna
Co-founder of the GTA

HOME OF THE GRT-III TRIGGER

Home of the NPSS-NP Triggers:  
            http://charliedatuna.com/NPSS.htm

E-Mail:  CDT22@Verizon.net

Benji-342 .177 /Brazilian Winchester 800 .22 /Gamo Cadet .177 /Gamo Shadowmatic .177 /Gamo 440 .22 /Gamo Royal .22 /Gamo Whisper .177 /Gamo SK-1 .20 /B-20 .177 /TF-99 .177 /QB-78 .177 /QB-78t .22 /QB-78-(CD) .22 /QB-78-(CJ) .22/QB-78D .22 /Crosman 2240 .22 /Cros 150 .177 /Crosman Back Packer .22 ?Crosman AS 2250 .22 /Daisy Mod 93 .177 /Marksman 2004 .177 /GS 35 .177 /FWB-124 .177 /Custom Marauder .22 /Custom Disco .177

Re: Forum rules....
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 12:45:57 PM »
Bob,

I'm not talking about bashing anyone. Just that if someone has a legitimate beef, & can back it up, he should be allowed to air it. Otherwise, it smells of catering to certain airgun dealers/tuners, as is obviously happening on another forum. Speech is either free & independent, or it's not.

As for the ban on moderator discussions..... AIRGUN moderators, not forum moderators lol. Again, I don't see the problem. They ARE NOT illegal on airguns, nor is talk of them on airguns.

Thanks for the reply,

BS