Author Topic: I'm not one to discuss politics but...  (Read 6688 times)

Offline Progun

• http://comcast
Re: I'm not one to discuss politics but...
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 07:08:31 PM »
I agree Nathan, this should be a no-brainer on the single issue of where the candidates stand on 2nd ammendment issues.Anybody who doesn't understand the risks to gun owners if Obama gets elected is woefully uninformed I'm afraid.Not saying McCain is all I wish he were.I'm still mad about McCain-Feingold.But he offers the best chance for protection of firearm owners rights.Supreme Court nominees that Obama would want would not be the kind that philosophically agree with firearm owners,air gun owners, target shooters, gun collectors,archers, hunters, and science based game managers.We've suffered enough erosion of firearms freedoms in this country and we sure don't need to support candidates who disagree with that premise.

Offline tjk

• http://
Re: I'm not one to discuss politics but...
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2008, 03:43:28 AM »
My thoughts?!??! I think the worst offender to the good name and reputation to our country is the super biased press from both right and left sides of the political balance. Most in my opinion are not much more than 'muck-rakers' at best. You only see in the news/media is what they want you to see. Haven't heard much on the news about this 'non-naturalized' Obama issue,...but I've been away from the tube most of this weekend.  Question, Who ever heard of a non-corrupt politician?!?! I think every president that has ever held the office, has been for the most part, a good human being with our country's best interest at heart. But being  politicians, you can bet your fanny that they've all had their fare share of 'less than kosher' dealings with big business and "special interest" groups. Too bad we can't have a president that would openly stand up to the press driven 'politically correct' SI  groups and BB , and tell it like it really is, and where we should stand on domestic issues as well as foreign policy. But they all know that would be political suicide. Granted, at the present time, our presidencial choices for the upcoming election are not the greatest, but I'd rather have age, experience, and maturity running our country, than someone who removes  the United States flag from their personal 757 jet, and continually works both sides of the fence on issues our nation faces. Some might think McCain is a fruit loop, and Obama a corn flake, but I see them both as POLITICIANS!!!!! Just think how bad off we'd be if the 'Press' took office. Talk about a country going down-hill!!!!   Just My Thoughts, tjk
397 Benji-98\' model    
Marksman  0035, My Fav!,CDT T\'d
Crosman Sierra-Pro,.177
Benji 392 08\'
CDT TT\'d RWS 34 .22,CP 4-16X40 AO
MM T\'d Marksman 0035
Crosman G1 Extreme
Daisy PowerLine 1000
TF-97 .22
B-28A MM T\'d
B-28 OEM Tuned by me
Beeman .22 RX-2 w/Theoben GR
Beeman .177 R1 Santa Rosa

Offline 3n00n

• http://
Unfortunately, politics seems too much like the media.
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 05:11:09 AM »
All the best lies fitto print! Hidden agendas behind deceptive smokescreens of subterfuge designed to fleece the sheeple.
Very disheartening actually . . . makes me wonder what is in store for the human race, with so many 'hateful' agendas distributed to the masses as the new 'political correctness' is revealed.
TCups is right on about alot of these ideologies, but the absolute most relevant is . . .