Author Topic: Fair Play In Posting on the GTA  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Fair Play In Posting on the GTA
« on: October 13, 2006, 01:51:00 PM »
I am concerned about a situation that is continuing in the GTA Forum.  Steve_NC comes here to make posts to that are towards Bob Werner, AKA CDT.  When I have confronted Steve_NC through email it is apparent that he has a personal grudge against CDT.  I have told him via email not to carry this to our forum. He refuses to comply, and periodically returns with posts to support his vendetta.

I do not know if anyone knows this but neither Bob nor myself can go to certain forums that Steve_NC is a regular member of and post anything or even a reply to any posts. We can look but not post. But Steve_NC can come to the GTA forum and post but expects no one to question his posts. Bob Werner was a good friend of the original owner of the Yellow Forum before he passed away and made an enormous contribution through many years there. Most all of his posts from the past have been completely deleted. His name has been erased as though he never existed. It is a pity that some people can be so small minded as to do such a thing.  

This situation has been bothering me ever since we opened the doors to the GTA and I want it to end. Since Bob Werner does not feel it right for himself to try and defend his position any longer on our forum with Steve_NC posts. Bob does not want to make this situation any worse, but at the same time people who do not know the whole story behind Steve_NC and Bob Werner would not know what to think coming into our forum as a new member and seeing rubbish and fighting. Steve tries to dazzle people with is $20.00 vocabulary but I see through it like glass and I am sure many of our members here do also. Our forum does not need the likes of Steve_NC to come and make his periodic posts here.

I have banned Steve_SC three times for slamming Bob Werner now. He has continued to return with different names in order to further his vendetta, the latest being the post about a new trigger mod.  In my last email to Steve_NC , he agreed to not continue with this drama.  As I’m sure everyone has noticed, he never comes here to mak a post that was to help someone or to honestly make a contribution to our forum. When he comes here there are frequently some of his associates that follow and make support replies to his posts. These people do not make any contributions to our forum either.

Bob Werner and myself have worked hard to run an honest strait forward forum dedicated to helping our fellow air gunners and contributing to our community. Bob stays in the background and replies to posts that he can help with. Our Library is full of technical information that he has contributed to the GTA. He has even placed the GTA forum link on his web site to help bring in more members with knowledge to contribute to the GTA.  But this ongoing vendetta of Steve_NC’s has him questioning that connection.  This sort of thing can cost someone business, which of course is exactly what Steve_NC is trying to do.

I have made the decision to ban Steve_NC and any one else who would continue slamming Bob Werner. Bob shares half of the responsibility of contributions and posts to our forum and I will not allow this to continue any longer. So as of today, Steve_NC will no longer be allowed to post or reply on our forum. He may come in as a troll and even sign up as a new user and try and make posts or replies but they will be immediately deleted. I am sending Steve_NC an email to inform him of my decision before I ban him for the last time so I will be up front with him first.

My thanks to all of you for your understanding and ongoing support, but enough is enough.  This is overdue.
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin