Author Topic: Trigger inserts F.S. by Rich.  (Read 1397 times)

Trigger inserts F.S. by Rich.
« on: October 14, 2006, 03:13:34 PM »
This might ruffle a few feathers but it's what I found when I tested the insert.

Well I have done a little playing aroud with this concept.

I made an aluminum block with the holes bored into the plate where they are in the trigger mount. made a half trigger out of a 1/8 sheet of sheet  hobby plastic so I could mount the insert and see where the screw ends up inside the trigger.

Assembled the parts on this jig and now I can see what is going on with the trigger sears.

With the insert I made and installed in the trigger works the best that I tried, I tried the screw/spring/nut thing and it hits the trigger pivot and just makes the trigger like one with the roller Ken was playing around with just a soft single stage trigger. The bent sheet metal works about as good as my insert but sure looks fred flintstone made it, sorry steve but it's just the look it has.

The nut/spring/screw version just settles down between the pivot pin and the beartrap pin ending up resting on the trigger pivot pin and does not even touch the secondary sear because it hit the pivot pin first.

You can see by the first picture the insert screw is doing it's job by moving the secondary sear to a point where the beartrap pin takes over for the second stage.

The second picture show the insert screw off the sear and the beartrap pin doing the next stage and firing the rifle.

The angle of the screw is critical for any insert to work correct, the third picture shows a insert with the screw at 90 degrees and how it is hitting the trigger pivot pin which just turns the trigger into a single stage trigger.

I sent ken one but I might have sent a few out with the screw inserted in the wrong side making it just a single stage trigger, so ken and others who got a free one from me ya might want to check because if the insert screw is right it has a much better feel than the GTX's. I took both my GTX triggers out and replaced them with my little insert and they are super this way.

I was at the rifle range awhile back with my son zeroing in the deer rifles, and had a couple of  Shadows with me and a few members wanted to shoot the mousey air rifles.
Were they in for a suprize when they got to shoot them, a few of them do competion pistol and rifle shooting and they were amazed at the triggers on my shadows.
Most of the people who shot the rifles said the trigger feels as good as most competion triggers.  

Anyway I made up 50 of the inserts and they are the same price as Skylers and also comes with just one extra helper spring to give it a little firmer feel.

$10.00 shipped
peterdragin@comcast.net