Author Topic: Beeman Hollow Point Gold Plated 177... and other choices?  (Read 679 times)

Beeman Hollow Point Gold Plated 177... and other choices?
« on: August 24, 2008, 01:27:41 PM »
Have had these sitting around for a few years now and have been shooting them up over the past month. Seem to do OK and will find out just how OK after I get the model 48 back from Charlie this week.
Can't remember just why I bought them over the Copperhead pellets a few years back. Was stocking up for a winter in the mountains living in an old Ghost Town. All winter, not coming out from Oct to June.
Shot the riflte a bit but not nearly as much as now on the farm.
Is there any actual advantage to a gold plated pellet? They do look nice and shoot well.(right, open sights, a bit shaky and not a great shot by any means but I hit the ground squirrils often enough to keep them scared)

When the rifle gets here I have some still on hand to try. A few tins of Copperhead Pointed 7.9 gr. Two tins of Beeman Silver Sting pointed. About a hundred of the aforementioned Beeman Model 1222 Hollow Point gold coated. A tin of Crosman Premier Hollow Points. A couple containers of Game Rockets, the ones with the BB in the head.

I am thinking of getting the Crow Magnums to try as well as the Raptors, JSB Exact(which are most likely to work best here?) and RWS Supermag.

As you can tell I am looking and willing to see what will work well. Can only improve by practice and might get lucky and find one or more of these works very well with the Charlie Tunes Diana 48.

Then I will have to find what shoots well with a 22 cal in a short bit.

Looks like some fun before winter hits and inbetween photographing football games. Have four to photograph this coming week as school has started and the teams are opening the seasons. Then we have Vollyball and Cross country to photograph. Will keep busy between that and photograplhing fall harvest. Nothing quite like farm country and photographing 1200 acres of commercial sunflowers. Sure is a beautiful sight.