Author Topic: Daisy Powerline 1000 w/3x9/32 Scope  (Read 8440 times)

Offline longislandhunter

• http://
Daisy Powerline 1000 w/3x9/32 Scope
« on: November 04, 2006, 11:57:04 AM »
Was out today trying to find Shadows on clearance at local Walmarts, but didn't have any luck.  I did however pick up a Daisy Powerline 1000 w/3x9x32 scope.  I've always wanted to get one, especially after reading several posts about how hard they hit, so I carried one to the check out line and broke out the credit card.  

I know this gun has already been  reviewed on this forum by others, and after installing the scope at home and sighting the gun in I find I agree with all the remarks posted in those prior reviews, so I won't be redundant.  I will however simply say "WOW".  Yes the gun is crude, yes the gun is a very basic no frills model and yes the trigger is stiff, but I really like it and I simply can't believe how hard this gun hits !!  All I was looking for was a basic, no nonsense gun that I could drag around the duck farm and kill starlings with and this little gun fit the bill perfect.  

After installing the scope I grabbed the closest tin of pellets, which happened to be Crosman Premier Hollow Points, and went to the back yard to sight it in at 20 yards.  After about 15 pellets the gun was shooting those Crosmans dead center bullseyes with dime sized groups.  Now that the scope was dialed in I started shooting so as to get the "feel" for the trigger.  Once I got used to the trigger, which is extremely stiff, my dime sized groups turned into one ragged hole groups.  I am really impressed with the accuracy and hitting power of this gun !!

$99 bucks for this kind of accuracy and power, even if the gun is "crude" and "stiff", is quite a bargain.  Tomorrow I'm going to try the .177 JSB Predator pellets in the gun,,, I'm hoping they shoot well cause if they do then I think I've found my favorite .177 hunting rifle.

Jeff

\"If it was easy it wouldn\'t be hunting, it would be shopping.\"

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
RE: Daisy Powerline 1000 w/3x9/32 Scope
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 03:42:10 PM »
Guess we are never satisfied Jeff..:) When I am out and about, I always find a different Wally World and run in to see if they have any Shadows left...:) I already have 4 of them..:).. But I to also look very hard at that Daisy also. Today was no differnt. We ha planned a day trip to Pigeon Forge, and while we were there I slipped away while momma was shopping and found another Wally World store and went through my usual search to find another Shadow or the new replacemt Gamo that they keep saying that is on order...

I stood there for several minutes looking at that empty shelf where the Gamo's normally sit. My eyes of course wondered over to that Daisy as usual and I almost carried it up to the counter..:) If they had not been so busy I probably would have.

Glad to hear another review on this air rifle Jeff.. gives me even more confidence..:)

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin