Author Topic: Crosman 13XX 's  (Read 1841 times)

Offline kirby999

• http://
Crosman 13XX 's
« on: December 18, 2008, 02:39:14 AM »
It starts with an inexpensive 1377 less than $70 , then you want to add a scope or maybe a red dot , so you get a better breech. Either a super nice RJ Machine steel one or a Crooked Barn aluminum one. Or even the Crosman steel one is an upgrade. Then you want to dress it up with some nice WOOD !! Yep, Ralph at RBgrips makes some nice ones and Rick of Rick's grips. Then you get to thinking , I wonder how much of a power increase a longer barrel will add , so, you order a 1760 barrel (24") from Crosman for about $12. You get it and it's too long for a pistol , then you have to decide ; do I want a carbine or do I still want a pistol. Hummm .If you go carbine , your choices are the Crosman plastic stock ( with a RBgrips insert to match the pumparm of course ) or just go ahead and get the stock combo from RB , yea, in walnut too . Niceeeee. And don't forget Steve Corcoran of Woods and Waters makes a nice rifle stock for these too. But I can just cut down and recrown the barrel to my desired length and leave it a pistol . I can always build another and make it a carbine. Yea , That's what I'll do and I can make that a .22 cal. Fun ain't it hehehe !! BTW these are becoming my favorite tinkering airgun . I have two at the moment with another one already dressed in walnut on the way . I have the one with the 2289 plastic grips and forearm that has a 16" barrel and shoots 8.4 JSB's at 590-600fps. That's Beeman R7 speed or better out of a very compact package with NO recoil what so ever . And no CO2 to buy . I have another with a 12" barrel that shoots CPL's at 550-560fps . These three are just the beginning as I see it, I plan on using my Custom Shop CO2 Crosmans as parts guns to upgrade 1377's in different configurations .I want to build a 10 meter match pistol , a .22 cal, thumper, and maybe a couple of carbines before I'm done. Something to do during the winter months. kirby
\" Shooting PCP\'s; I sometimes miss that  unmistakable smell of a springer . \"