Author Topic: I'll think twice before I .....  (Read 1412 times)

Offline MIKE I

• http://
I'll think twice before I .....
« on: January 03, 2009, 02:55:34 PM »
....ever dissasemble the trigger assembly on my S1K again!  I should have left well enough alone, but the trigger on my RS2 came out so nice after the tune.  

I had installed a GRT III in the S1K a couple of months ago and it made a huge difference.  However, the trigger on my RS2 is incredible, after just a simple tune.  I wanted to make my S1K trigger a little lighter, so I took it apart, polished up the internals and tried to put it back together.   Not much fun at all.  

I did learn that it should be done out of the gun, as the parts load from the bottom.  I also figured out how to hold the first spring taught with a loop of fishing line to allow the second part to be assembled, as the spring rests on the shaft that the seer (I think) pivots on.  

Moral of the story, leave well enough alone!  

It did come out good though, pull lightened up some and it is smooth as butter, much like the RS2.

This wasn't as bad as the time I took apart my PT-80 Co2 pistol, that was a real nightmare of springs!
MM B-26 .22 Centerpoint 4x16x40 AO IR
Gamo S1K .177 Centerpoint 4x16x40 AO IR
What next?

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
RE: I'll think twice before I .....
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 11:34:36 PM »
Yup sometimes when your looking at a trigger project you think no problem just pull it apart and do some cleanup work on it then put it back together. You pull the trigger housing out and everything inside decides to make a jail break and go every direction including those spring's which seem to find the deepest darkest hole and hide hehehe. Glade you got it buttoned back up and it's working fine.:) Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

Offline wgpinatl

• GTA Donations
RE: I'll think twice before I .....
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 12:14:36 PM »
yea, I just recently tuned my QB36-2 and if it werent for the help of the folks on this forum i would have had to throw it in the trash.  That trigger system is a bear.  It shoots great now!