Author Topic: Pic's of the FT Harness and "Bum Bag" I made  (Read 4147 times)

Offline Rixtrix

• http://
Pic's of the FT Harness and "Bum Bag" I made
« on: April 22, 2007, 10:35:45 AM »
Since I like to shoot my field targets so much, and want to learn to shoot away from the bench better, I made a harness and seat to sit and shoot from using materials from an upholstery closeout store and suspenders from an old back belt. I also bought a $5 beanbag chair at Big Lots for the beads to fill the seat cushion. I saw some pics and text on America's Field Target forum, and kinda copied the designs, but didn't adapt premade parts like they did there. Total cost for both:$25. Retail from AOA: about $140.

Ric G
Daisy Model 25 BB gun, 45 years young and still shooting-    BSA Ultra .177, RFM Muzzlebrake, Bushnell Elite 4200 6x24-40 AO Mildot scope,  SportsMatch high rings)-    Gamo Shadow 1000, GRT-lll trigger, AirGunToyz Muzzle Brake, Centerpoint 4-16x40 AO IR mildot,Accushot Med. One Piece Mount, JM Tarantula spring and seal, polished internals, sleeved guide and tophat,self-tuned with CDT advice, CPL, JSB Exact or Predator pellets

Re: Pic's of the FT Harness and "Bum Bag" I made
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 10:47:34 AM »
Damn... thats really nice!! Be cool to post a step by step writeup. I know id be interested in that.

Great work :)

Offline Rixtrix

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 11:41:41 AM »
Easier to go to the (Ssshhhhh) Yellow under FT forum and look up "Von Brink Harness" posted by gregc107.

Actually it took 3 hours to sew the bag and another 2-1/2 to sew the harness. Used material designed for golf bags that's  nylon that doesn't unravel, polypropylene webbing, nylon fastener clips and a piece of high density foam for the back, Just made a sleeve from the material big enough to slide a 5" x 24" piece of foam when flattened with 2 pieces of webbing sewn parallel for the waist straps. Then sewed 2 swivel connectors to the sides of the waist piece. The leg loops are more webbing with a swivel clip, like a gun sling clip, with an adjustable snap connector and added a piece of webbing with the same connector ro the ends of the loops to draw the knees together. Used upholstery thread for strength. The suspenders are elastic and fasten with velcro to the waist belt and are used to hold up the belt when not shooting and you've got it unsnapped. The quick-connect straps let you take it loose fast without loosing the adjustment( like on a fannypack or backpack.Made the pads for the loops with 1/2" foam, some of the material and velcro ro go around the leg loops and let the cros piece go through. I'm not as creative as I am cheap, but I can copy almost anything and adapt it to my needs, desires and finicky attitude! Must get that from my Japanese wife( don't tell her I said that-LOL).

Thanks,
Ric G
Daisy Model 25 BB gun, 45 years young and still shooting-    BSA Ultra .177, RFM Muzzlebrake, Bushnell Elite 4200 6x24-40 AO Mildot scope,  SportsMatch high rings)-    Gamo Shadow 1000, GRT-lll trigger, AirGunToyz Muzzle Brake, Centerpoint 4-16x40 AO IR mildot,Accushot Med. One Piece Mount, JM Tarantula spring and seal, polished internals, sleeved guide and tophat,self-tuned with CDT advice, CPL, JSB Exact or Predator pellets

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 12:31:19 PM »
Well Ric, what a display of creativity... WOW... I never knew anything like that existed... hehe.. I don't get out much I guess...:)

I need one of those so I can stand and shoot.. hehe To many fire aints around here to sit and shoot..:)

I am very impressed at your work Ric and thank you for sharing it with all of us..

Great Great Work

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 12:47:09 PM »
Yes Ric, very creative  and some great stitchin too, great finisihed product. Gene's looking for a standup one hmmm, Gene we can strap you into a porch swing chain's and hang you from a tree hehe. Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 06:45:23 PM »

Hi guys, and nice harness BTW......

I have a question,............although I see the benefit of this harness for FT practise,.is it legal in your National rules for competition? Can you rock on up to a competition shoot using it?.........is it legal in any other countries?

I love the idea, but have doubts about whether using it would benefit me in the long run..

cheers GS

Offline Rixtrix

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 02:38:07 AM »
I know it's legal for match use here in the states, and used widely. Not sure about the world.

Ric G