Author Topic: Any referenc to CDT...  (Read 3794 times)

Offline daved

• http://
Any referenc to CDT...
« on: November 06, 2006, 02:05:19 AM »
is now apparently all it takes to get a post deleted from the Yellow.  I'd stopped posting over there, but the one sided answers people were getting go to me, especially re: triggers.  If you're looking on the Yellow, apparently the only trigger mod available for a Gamo is the Steve_NC "designed" MicroGTX.  I posted a response to the same post twice last night, mentioning CDT and the GRT III trigger.  My response was deleted both times.  I know it's not me they're keying off on (YET), another response about pellets, with no mention of Bob, is still there.

So why am I bothering to post this?  I guess it's mostly for the new people that have managed to find both forums.  To those that know me, you know I'm pretty even handed when it comes to the info I post.  I've posted about triggers before, and I mention the MicroGTX as another, cheaper option, with the caveat that I have no personal experience with it, and that I like the gold trigger blade.  And the other reason is, this kind of small mindedness just @#$!% * me off!!  I could maybe understand this sort of attitude if I was being rude, or doing something disruptive to the forum.  But I was simply trying to present some additional info to someone that was obviously any and all info they could get.  We've all been there and done that, hey, that's how I've become one of The Worlds Greatest Authorities on airguns :-)!  So now we know the fall out of banning Steve_NC from our forum.  Anyone want to invite him back?

Dave

Offline CharlieDaTuna

• http://www.charliedatuna.com
Hey you..The Worlds Greatest Authoritiy on airguns :-).lol...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 05:23:09 AM »
Yep Dave...yeah you....the rude guy that with the nasty attitude and the itty bitty mind...lol...(just kidding of course) are right, it doesn't take much. All you have to do is mention my name or the GRT-III trigger over there and....poof...it's gone. Over there, freedom of speech is not valued or the presentation of superior or alternative choices in some cases. You don't even need to use your other attributes

Here, unless it's a post that is inflammatory or an attack on character either directly or indirectly, we never delete anybodies  post. Neither Gene, I, or any of the moderators never delete a post just because we don't like it or the person that posted it. So people on this forum pretty much police themselves and if there is a questionable post, Gene and I usually discuss it and then Gene  will e-mail the person directly to discuss that post prior to any action. Usually it is no more that just re-writing the post simply because it is written in a way that can be mis-interpreted when read in a manner not intended by the person making the post.

Bottom line is, there are some that just don't want others to be aware that there are additional options and prefer that the additional info not be made available.

Also, it's not just the banning of Steve from this forum itself (although a big part of it I would surmise), but just the fact of mentioning  CDT and/or the GRT-III that would be enough to get your post gutted.

Thanks Dave for your support within our forum and your great contributions as well as all the other members of our forum.

Bob  aka:  CharlieDaTuna
Co-founder of the GTA

HOME OF THE GRT-III TRIGGER

Home of the NPSS-NP Triggers:  
            http://charliedatuna.com/NPSS.htm

E-Mail:  CDT22@Verizon.net

Benji-342 .177 /Brazilian Winchester 800 .22 /Gamo Cadet .177 /Gamo Shadowmatic .177 /Gamo 440 .22 /Gamo Royal .22 /Gamo Whisper .177 /Gamo SK-1 .20 /B-20 .177 /TF-99 .177 /QB-78 .177 /QB-78t .22 /QB-78-(CD) .22 /QB-78-(CJ) .22/QB-78D .22 /Crosman 2240 .22 /Cros 150 .177 /Crosman Back Packer .22 ?Crosman AS 2250 .22 /Daisy Mod 93 .177 /Marksman 2004 .177 /GS 35 .177 /FWB-124 .177 /Custom Marauder .22 /Custom Disco .177

Offline vinceb

• http://
Forums are not free-speech zones...
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 12:39:34 AM »
...and most of us really don't have a problem with that. After all, both forums do have a rather extensive list of rules pertaining to what can and can't be posted.

However, most people understand that "no man is above the law". Except the guys over there, it seems. First - their own moderator is quite willing to violate his own rules, which might be a simpe human failing. But then he takes severe exception when someone points this out to him, and takes steps to shut down all discussion. That's a different kettle of fish entirely.

When SNC came here, he was permitted at first - until he kinda went over the line. Even then, he was permitted some leeway in an effort to insure that he was being treated fairly. How did he react? Like a jerk.

Adios, SNC.... I don't care HOW much technical expertise he has (and I'm not convinced that he does), it just ain't worth it.

Re: Any referenc to CDT...
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »
Heck I have been getting jumped on by Steve in  a discussion about the Skyler screw, nut, and spring.

I think he is p&*%ed off because I never call it a Micro GTX, always a screw, nut, and spring.
I have been told by a few of my customers that the adjusting screw goes out of adjustment because if the vibration of the firing cycle. Steve says nobody has complained to skyler about it. Wrong !
 One poster said his came out of adjustment all the time but installed my insert and has had no problems.

The post was deleted in a matter of minutes.

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 03:01:01 AM »
Well Rich, hehe...... If you do not play by there rules then you will be ostracized.... lol  

All forums have tuners air gun smiths and wanna be gun mechanics. And I think that everyone has there own opinion on how things are to be done. The forums originally come to be, for air gun hobbyists to share there knowledge with one another. Make friends and maybe a bit of bantering or a few laughs along the way. A place to learn about good deals, what works better, what kind of accessories are best fitted for the applications.

I think there are many amongst us including your, that have been shunned by a certain few over there. If  you notice there are the followers who will jump on the band wagon to support them. I think that forum has a group of know it all's who dictate the there own agenda. If you get in the way or say something that the certain group does not like then your post will be removed or you will be removed. :)

I think it is great that we have a classified in our forum. That way we all can trade and sell our guns n stuff. Like yourself, Mike, CDT and the rest of the group. Most of the guys like some or all of what you have contributed and myself included. I think the difference between the two forums is that we seem to discuss difference of opinions in a mature way. Just like the post on the washer and bearings. I myself would not mess with it because I feel there is not enough over all improvement to be made from the mod. But on the other hand I have heard good things about your trigger and as you know, I have bought your muzzle brakes and Walt her barrels which I am truly in love with..:).. And I think allot of members here are probably happy with the things you have made also. And many members here and all over the world use the CDT triggers.  But who is to say which guys stuff is better. lol I find that I love the GTX and GRT triggers very much. Some would like steves screw and nut trigger and some would like your trigger mod.

You know that we all are gonna buy and do what we do from our own conclusions..:)

Point is that you would be *_*_*_*_*_*in in da wind to buck steve and his gang over there over the trigger thing or anything else that steve has initiated.. lol  On our forum I have not seen any steve's amongst us and hope I never do. All these guys are a great group of mature members. Anyone who has a good idea about a mod or sells mods are welcome here as long as there is curious posts of opinions about each others mods or ideas. Pros and Cons sorta speak. Also the most important factor is safety.

Hope ya have a good turkey day and maybe bag one of those fat turkeys wiff one of you nice moded rifles..:)

Gene

THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 03:02:31 PM »
Here's the reply for those who wanted to know why some of the posts were deleted, and there were more than a couple of people that got their posts deleted.

I'm told by the Forum owner, CJ, that he wants neither promotional remarks...

...relating to a certain "fishy" vendor's products, nor criticism of forum moderation posted on his airgun forums. The latter can be discussed on the Off-Topic-Lounge, and the former on other forums altogether.

Posts that don't comply with these (I think quite reasonable) standards tend to disappear, and posters who habitually post them may also.

Them's house rules.

Steve

Offline Gene_SC

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 03:08:46 PM »
Oh Well! :)

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 06:44:23 AM »
I got deleted again !!

I asked Steve why somebody can quote prices and promote a certain screw,nut, and spring trigger mod.and give the price.

When anybody else does it he get blasted for not putting it in the classifieds. Steve in N.C. was the one doing it, I guess the rules don't apply the same for everybody over there.

It only took an hour and it was gone, he must just sit at his computer all day checking posts to see if anybody postd something he dosen't like.

Offline Gene_SC

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 07:57:51 AM »
LOL Rich

Did you really think you were special? lol. I think several of us have made post pertaining to this very subject since GTA has opened. hehehe

They have  a click and if u aint part of it you better watch your pees and Q's over there.

Gene

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin