Author Topic: Mendoza Diopter (iron sight...that okay here?)- Installation & initial sight in  (Read 2610 times)

Offline PistonJackson

• GTA Donations
    • http://
I took a 10 minute drive in Los Angeles, California to Mac1 Airgun. The owner knows a thing or two about airguns and he is the grandson of the shop establisher, McMurray. I asked for my sight and he had it for $21.something including tax, which is a better price than I have found on the internet. I also wanted him to tell me what I needed to install the diopter to my Diana 48. He went and found a hex key,which would turn screws that would tighten the assembly down to dovetail on my rifle. The key was mine at no extra charge I was set to go home to my sidelever. Got a tin of 500 RWS H-Points for $10.50, too (.22 pellets were hard to come by without the internet...but not anymore!). This is why we need to support small businesses, but that is another subject

I loosened the screws of the attaching base just enough for the sight to slide onto the dovetail (all the way back against the rear screw on the rail), tightened it down, and off I went outside.

Sight acquisition with the diopter is amazingly faster for me than with the leaf. I can't believe I was satisfied with leafs for so long!

With the sight nearly lowered to it's limits the gun was shooting too high at ~20yds. I aimed at the bottom of a tin can and managed hitting about an inch under the top rim. I can still lower the diopter a few more clicks and I will slide the front sight up (good design idea Diana!).

I didn't get sighted-in yet. It was getting dark when I went out, but tomorrow I should at least be able to get the 20yd line tied down into submission.

Offline PistonJackson

• GTA Donations
    • http://
Sits too high!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 02:27:45 PM »
Now when I aim at the bottom rim of a tin can the shots go about an inch above above the bottom rim and I cannot lower the rear sight or raise the front any further.

The Mendoza Diopter is too tall for a Diana 48 in .22 caliber. Oh well.