Author Topic: Opinions on XS-B3-1  (Read 5549 times)

Offline nmmike

• http://
Opinions on XS-B3-1
« on: June 20, 2006, 05:40:16 PM »
I know nothing about Chinese guns. I'm looking for opinions on the XS-B3-1. I don't need one, I could get by just fine without one, but I'm fascinated by it. It's that darn addiction thing. The gun would be used for 10 meter informal target & 10 to 30(+or-) meter plinking. Obviously this isn't a 'serious' airgun and that's fine but I don't want a 'kit' gun either. I don't want to open the thing up, just shoot it. At least for the present.
If it turns out that the thing is worth buying, the next question is from whom. If Wanda is still in business, I would like to give my business to Fun Supply. If they aren't selling anymore the only other outlets I know of are Best & Sportsmans Target. So whaddaya think?
TIA,
nmike

Offline Bill inTX

Re: Opinions on XS-B3-1
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 12:52:20 AM »
I also did not need one, but bought it because it looked cool. After several hundred shots of break-in, it shoots great for short range plinking like you're talking about. Cocking is easy. The trigger is a little stiff. Accuracy is as good as some of my more expensive guns. You need a scope stop for a scope or red dot.

I got mine from South Summit. Just Locktite the forearm screws and glue down the scope rail, and you're ready to go. The definitive review of this gun is Todd Cooper's at:

http://my.tbaytel.net/~coopers@tbaytel.net/XS-B3%20Review/

Have fun!

RE: Opinions on XS-B3-1
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 01:03:41 AM »
Fun little guns. Built like a tank!!
Everyone sells them: South Summit, Compasseco, Best Air, Fun Supply, Sportsman's Guide (only $49.97), etc.
I've had the early TS-45-2 of the current B3 "AK" and the B7 wood stock "normal" version. The XS-B3 AK folding stock version is much more fun then the B7. I need another one. I gave my old TS to my nephew and regret it. It had the barrel chopped to 10" and the forearm was a little different then....a great little shooter.
Plenty of info on these by doing a google search, or a search on various forums. Fun Supply has good info on them.
You can shoot 'em out of the box, or tune them up. Good plinkers and can be surprisingly accurate.
Jack

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 05:42:42 AM »
Here's mine with a red dot scope.  I painted the plastic thingys on the stock, the pistol grip and the forearm with Dupi-Color Truck Bed Coating.  I have an AK-47 rubber butt pad coming, and I intend to get an AK-47 muzzle/flash suppressor to give it a more evil and authentic look.  Eventually, I would like to tune it for smoother performance.  Right now, it shoots 7.4 gn Gamo Hunter pellets at about 530 fps.

Allen White

Offline nmmike

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 06:03:23 AM »
Looks good, who are you getting the butt pad from? It seems that LOP is going to be an issue.
nmmike

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 10:55:53 AM »
LOP is an issue.  Those Chinese soldiers, who supposedly use these as  trainers, must be little guys.  LOL.

I'm getting the butt pad from Amazon.con via AA Armory.  It is about $12.60 including shipping.  I figure if it doesn't work out, I won't be out that much.  It is supposed to extend the LOP by 1 inch.

I am looking at some AK-47 muzzle brakes.   They make an adapter with threads that fastens to the end of the barrel with 4 set screws.  Then the muzzle brake/suppressor threads onto the adapter.  These are made for a real AK-47 , and are about $40-$50 for the adapter and the suppressor in blued steel.  The adapter is supposed to be 9/16-inch (14.28 mm) whereas the end of the B-31 barrel is 14 mm.  The adapter is just slightly larger than 14 mm, about 1/100 of an inch larger, so it should fit pretty well.  Of course the suppressor wouldn't be functional as the B-31 isn't a real firearm, but rather it would give the B-31 the 'evil' look of a real AK-47.

Allen White