Author Topic: ATN AIRES MK390 PALADIN NV REVIEW  (Read 1861 times)

Offline JOHNNY QUEST

• http://WWW.GULFCOASTRODS.NET
ATN AIRES MK390 PALADIN NV REVIEW
« on: December 20, 2008, 06:13:11 AM »
I purchased this nightvision scope a month or so ago and really have not had the chance to review it , because I didn't know that I could use it during the day..
 With the cold weather and rain I have prety much just left it on the gun in the safe..I wasn't going out after dark and shootin whilst freezin my buttox off..

With that said, I read the instructions a little better and found out that I can sight it in durring the day... Wow go figure.. I had heard horrors story's about burning out the tube's if ya let light in them..  Well it turns out that there is a pin hole in the front scope cover.. this allows just enough light in so the scope when turned on during the day will work.. Now the clarity is not as good as it is at night It still is useable...  I have to darken the 1" circles on the target with my black felt tip to be able to see the target in daylight tho..
 I had sighted the scope in at night a couple times and had it shootin dead onn at 22 yards..

so during the day I decided to see what it would do..
 There is some light bend force happening when the lense cover is on.  Kinda like sticking a stick in the water and it looks bent.. Its not bad tho.  The gun is a TX200 MK3 and i know what it will do..
 In the daylight it shoots 1" higher than night.. not a bad thing I guess.. but it is a different POI.
 Here are a couple strings using Benji disc's at night.. the last pic is the daytime shoot.. I had 1 flyer and I'm sure that was just me tho.  5 shot groups, 22yds. 1" circle..  You can see that the night time groups are a little better, but thats what it was desighned for.. Its just much more clear at night...
 So I would have to say that it is a very versatle unit and should bring lots of excitement to the night time hunting types..
I GIVE IT 5 THUMBS UP..

First and second pic at night...third during the day..

Randall
A MEMBER OF THE \"OTHER\" DARK SIDE...... NV
 The addiction:
 BSA Lonestar .22 ATN Nightvision scope TKO break.
 BSA Scorpion .177 T-10 Tactical Bullbarrel Syn. stock.. TKO break
 Air Arms S400FAC .22 Custom Camo\'d stock.. By  Shadow..extra walnut stock...
 Air Arms TX200 .22 Walnut stock...
 B-20 .177 Custom camo\'d by Shadow...
 B-20 .20 ...
 B-20 .22 Custom camo\'d by Shadow...
 RWS 48 .20...
 rws 36 .20...
 Mountian Air custom .25 pcp pistol... TKO break
 Crosman 2400 18\" .22 pistol TKO break...
 Webley Tempest .22 pitol...
 Crosman 2240 .22 pistol...
 Gamo whisper .22 Wooden stock...
 Gamo CFX royal .22
 Fast deer .177 custom stock...
 Beeman GT600 .177...
 Benjamin Sheridan C-9 Blue Streak . 20 1968 model...
 Benjamin sheridan c-9 silver streak . 20