Author Topic: Homemade Spinner Target  (Read 3902 times)

Homemade Spinner Target
« on: January 13, 2007, 05:52:10 AM »

I had been wondering what to do with my aluminium offcuts in the scrap bin so I decided to have a go at making a target for the garden. It gets a little boring just shooting paper targets that are stapled to a board 25 yards away.

So I set about cutting and welding some bits together while the rest of the family went swimming this afternoon. You can see the result below, I think it has turned out quite well.

For those of you who don't know, it is now easy to weld/braze aluminium as there are brazing rods available cheaply. Then all you need is a propane torch. The hard part is not melting the work as the rods melt just below the temperature of aluminium.

Jon

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
RE: Homemade Spinner Target
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 08:53:42 AM »
COOL, its always better when one can fab something themselves.Saves money and the feeling of a job well done. WELL DONE PORTLAND JON,now I wanna make one. Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 09:25:51 AM »

Well it looked nice in the picture before I shot it!

Now it looks like it's met the Terminator after just eight shots from my 12 fpe Gladi8or at 25 yards.

Maybe aluminium isn't the right material as I have blown off three of the disks and one of the arms.

Jon

Back to the drawing board.

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 10:45:01 AM »
Ouch, maby steel ?
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: Homemade Spinner Target
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 12:10:52 PM »
Your Probably right Jon....:) Steel probably would work better.. hehe  I bought some spinners off line a while back. Two long ones and one short one. They are all in a row. They are made for .22 rimfire powder guns. I have managed to make a nice one inch impression in each one of them. At first I bought some of them little small targets to stick on them but that was a laugh.. lol

Never used them again after the first go around. The pellets seem to disinigrate the paper right off the bat. They are allot of fun to shoot and they stay stationary in my shooting rang. Never have to mess with them. Once in a while I will take old beer bottle lids and drill a hole in them and hange off of that spinner rack. Thats a challenge and lots of fun.

Better luck on the next go around bud..:)

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin