Author Topic: ***Please help with CFX trigger***  (Read 3401 times)

Offline Geoff

• GTA Donations
    • http://
***Please help with CFX trigger***
« on: May 16, 2009, 05:03:57 PM »
I am going to admit right off the bat, I screwed up. I was "attempting" to install a GRT III trigger on my .177 CFX yesterday. After taking off the stock, I pushed out the wrong pin on the trigger. If the gun is on it's right side with the barrel to your left, you are supposed to remove the pin the the rear (right). I accidentally removed the forward one, with the safety. Oops, it sprung out along with a spring and the pin. So, here's my problem.... After taking out the correct rear pin I can't figure out how to re assemble the darn safety assembly with the spring, etc... I am pretty sure I can figure out the new trigger without too much trouble, but now I have (2) springs, the one from the safety, and the one from the original trigger which I'm sure does not go back in with the GRT III. I know which pins go where, but I don't know how to re assemble the safety portion as it sprung out so fast I didn't get a chance to see how it was installed. Does anybody have a picture of the inside of the trigger housing underneath where the original trigger goes? So that I can see how to re assemble which spring, & where it goes before the new trigger goes in? I deserve a few knocks, so go ahead, as long as I can get some advice, I don't mind the, " WHAT WERE YOU THINKING"?  Any advice would be so much appreciated.
Thanks,
Geoff
Geoff Anderson
AA S410 XTRA FAC .22 , AA TX200 ., AA TX200 .177 MKIII Walnut , Benjamin SS .177 w/ GRT III Trigger, Benjamin Disco. .22 , Walther Dominator 1250 , Shinsung Career Infinity .22  ,  Beeman HW97K .22, Daisy Powerline 953,  Marauder .177, Crosman NPSS .177 black, RWS 54 .22 cal.,

Offline gamo2hammerli

RE: ***Please help with CFX trigger***
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 01:22:18 AM »
Sorry, can't help you with your trig prob.....maybe someone with more tuning experience or a tinkerer can help you later. I see you have an impressive airgun arsenal........great choice of shooters.
Gamo: Expotec .177 + Big Cat .177 + Viper .177 + Whisper .177, Hammerli Titan .177, Diana model 24 .177, RWS-Diana P5 Magnum pistol .177, Crosman: G1 Extreme .177 + Storm XT .177 + Sierra Pro .177 + 1377 pistol .177, Air Arms S410SL .22, BSA Scorpion T10 .22, FX Cyclone .177, Remington Air Master 77 .177 + BB\'s,

Offline CharlieDaTuna

• http://www.charliedatuna.com
RE: ***Please help with CFX trigger***
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 03:37:06 AM »
Hey Geoff:

Just sent you an e-mail.
Bob  aka:  CharlieDaTuna
Co-founder of the GTA

HOME OF THE GRT-III TRIGGER

Home of the NPSS-NP Triggers:  
            http://charliedatuna.com/NPSS.htm

E-Mail:  CDT22@Verizon.net

Benji-342 .177 /Brazilian Winchester 800 .22 /Gamo Cadet .177 /Gamo Shadowmatic .177 /Gamo 440 .22 /Gamo Royal .22 /Gamo Whisper .177 /Gamo SK-1 .20 /B-20 .177 /TF-99 .177 /QB-78 .177 /QB-78t .22 /QB-78-(CD) .22 /QB-78-(CJ) .22/QB-78D .22 /Crosman 2240 .22 /Cros 150 .177 /Crosman Back Packer .22 ?Crosman AS 2250 .22 /Daisy Mod 93 .177 /Marksman 2004 .177 /GS 35 .177 /FWB-124 .177 /Custom Marauder .22 /Custom Disco .177

Offline tjk

Re: ***Please help with CFX trigger***
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 04:46:57 AM »
OK Geoff, # 1,...remain calm. We'll see if we can get things back together. Lets's start with the process of elimination. Start by removing the factory trigger, the trigger spring that fits inside it, the little trigger-pull pin, and the factory adjustment screw. The only pin you'll need at this point (for the GRT-III installation) is the little fat pin with the "nimple" on it. Now if your rifle is scoped,...remove it completely and flip the weapon upside-down and place it in a rifle-rest/vise and tighten it up so the rifle/action won't move. This is going to get tricky, but stay calm and relaxed. First off, you'll want to insert the safety pin ("slave pin") through one side of the safety spring, and then through the safety lever,..or vice-versa,...I'm doing this from memory,... ( the thick heavy spring is the "safety spring"), just make sure the little hook of the pin is faceing forward to the barrel side. Next,place the safety lever over the trigger housing (this should wrap over both sides of the housing) and slide the slave pin back through the right side of the assembly houseing,...just enough to stick through a tad. Now this is where extreme patience will come into play!!!! Take the strut spring and place it on the strut lever (assuming it fell out!!!) with the twisted little hooking part towards the front, and insert these two pieces into the trigger assembly with the tail end (long end) of the spring placed under the sear pin. Thank God you didn't remove this one,...it's a real pain in the butt to re-assemble,..LOL's) Once you get the strut and strut spring in place (needle nosed plyers would probably be best to hold them together and in place), carefully slide the slave pin through the strut spring, then through the strut lever, then through the trigger housing, and then through the other side of the safety lever. Just remember that the safety lever wraps around the front of the assembly. Another thing to remember,...the strut lever should be place with the "sear catch"  pointed down-wards toward the action, when assembling it into the trigger housing.  Once you have the slave pin completely though all four of these trigger components, replace the "e" clip. Then go back and hook the safety spring under the safety notches and then pull the other end of the safety spring back behind the "catch" stamped out in rear of  the trigger assembly housing. It may take you a few tries to keep everything lined up with the strut/strut-spring assembling,...but whatever you do,...Don't Get Excited!!!!! Just take your time and walk it through. Again this is from memory, and hopefully Gene or Bob can post a pictoral schematic so you will get a better idea of how it looks. Now install the GRT-III trigger, check/test out the trigger pull,  and safety lever to be assured that everything is in proper working order,....But don't cock your rifle!!!!! You Don't Need To Do This to check the trigger. Again, Stay calm, cool, and collected. It isn't rocket science,...but if a dumb-@$$ like me can figure it out,...took me a while too,...than anyone can do it. You might have to read this over a few times to sink in,...but you'll figure it out. Before you attempt this though, practice assembling the safety spring and lever first,...so you can orient yourself on how it works,...then assemble it with the strut lever and strut spring.  Good luck and go slowly and methodically, tjk
PS if there's is no tension on the strut lever,..then you have the tail end of the strut spring on the wrong side of the sear pin,....that's the only pin left in the trigger houseing!!!! Take your time,...you'll know when it;'s correctly placed!!!
397 Benji-98\' model    
Marksman  0035, My Fav!,CDT T\'d
Crosman Sierra-Pro,.177
Benji 392 08\'
CDT TT\'d RWS 34 .22,CP 4-16X40 AO
MM T\'d Marksman 0035
Crosman G1 Extreme
Daisy PowerLine 1000
TF-97 .22
B-28A MM T\'d
B-28 OEM Tuned by me
Beeman .22 RX-2 w/Theoben GR
Beeman .177 R1 Santa Rosa

Offline speedturtle

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 04:51:28 AM »
Time is not important, only lessons to be learned in life. :)

Offline Geoff

• GTA Donations
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 04:53:10 AM »
Alright you guys, I'll give it a shot today....  Thank you tjk and Bob. I will use your advice and schematic (Bob) and let you both know how things go.
Thanks again so much for your advice and assistance.
Geoff
Geoff Anderson
AA S410 XTRA FAC .22 , AA TX200 ., AA TX200 .177 MKIII Walnut , Benjamin SS .177 w/ GRT III Trigger, Benjamin Disco. .22 , Walther Dominator 1250 , Shinsung Career Infinity .22  ,  Beeman HW97K .22, Daisy Powerline 953,  Marauder .177, Crosman NPSS .177 black, RWS 54 .22 cal.,

Offline tjk

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 05:01:18 AM »
Correction I need to make on my advice,...thanks speedturtle,...the safety spring is mounted on the sear pin,....so all you will have to do is follow the slave-pin/strut, strut spring  assembly, then hook the spring to the safety, and the catch stamped into he housing,... and you'll be good to go on the GRT-III instalation!!! The Strut and strut pin are also called the intermidiate lever and intermediate spring, same things,...different schematics!!!...as in speedturtles link. Best of luck!!!tjk
397 Benji-98\' model    
Marksman  0035, My Fav!,CDT T\'d
Crosman Sierra-Pro,.177
Benji 392 08\'
CDT TT\'d RWS 34 .22,CP 4-16X40 AO
MM T\'d Marksman 0035
Crosman G1 Extreme
Daisy PowerLine 1000
TF-97 .22
B-28A MM T\'d
B-28 OEM Tuned by me
Beeman .22 RX-2 w/Theoben GR