Author Topic: QB-78 help  (Read 3581 times)

QB-78 help
« on: June 13, 2006, 02:44:12 PM »
If you have a QB-78 or one of the family and want some help with the rifle or want to know how to rework the parts feel free to ask me here or at my e-mail address. More than happy to share. Mike

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
RE: QB-78 help
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 11:41:43 PM »
Thank you Mike for your post. I have just purchased two of the QB-78's myself. I bought one from Roy Weld who did a tune for me with mods. Getting into the 730 to 740 fps with it. Also bought another one and sent it to Charlie Da Tuna and it is a fantastic shooter.

Now I have another source for help and so do any other forum members who read you post.

Please come back again and share your knowledge with all of us..

Sincerely
Gene Curtis :)
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline spysir

• http://
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 07:42:54 AM »
Mike,
We love your QB78 .22! I took it apart after just a bit of use just to see why it was soo different thin our stock one.
 Biggest question, (if it doesnt take to long to answer) exactly how do you polish all the parts? And if using compounds could you give the name brand you like to use.
 Still shooting 770+fps w/16g JSB pellets.
Thank you,
 John & Tammy

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 02:59:57 PM »
All I do is put the parts in a drill press and sand them using progessivly finer grades of sand paper, I start with a 220 and end with 600 or 1000. Just take your time and don't hurry, for the inside of the reciever use a 3/8 inch dowel with a slot cut lenght wise in the end and wrap a strip of paper around the dowel, if it's snug and makes the receiver start to warm up you have the right amount. For the truly retentive you can also use a polishing compound for car paint on a damp rag to get the mirror finish, the bolt is softer than the receiver so it will start to scratch in time, take it apart and redo if it bothers.