Author Topic: Rws Wad versas H&N Wad  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Magnum

• http://
Rws Wad versas H&N Wad
« on: August 06, 2009, 09:00:28 AM »
(non scientific test) Thought I would try the new .177  8.2gr H&N Finale Wads  against my favorite .177 8.2 gr RWS Meisterkugeln.
            Each pellet looks similar the head of the Finale pellets look smoother/ better and seem dryer lube and very consistant 0.1 grs,  but the tails of the RWS look thicker/better and  0.3 grs of inconstancy, more shiney and some lube can be left on fingers .  They are the same length, finale is only fraction larger diameter hardly notice when loading but bigger by feel as you insert it into barrel.
             I like the H&N  Finale wads a little better than the Meisterkugeln  for special target match I think there is an advantage and so will have some on hand... However the cost difference  $17.99 compared to $9.50 will keep me buying to many!   The rws is a great pellet and I will continue with them for target and plinking :)  Tony.

I realize that not all guns like the same pellets but felt if your gun likes Meisterkugeln then...  This target I think gives a good visual of the difference I found between them :),

132/144 for RWS  and 140/144 for the H&N.