Author Topic: whats the better sucba tank to buy for a ...  (Read 4784 times)

Offline geewhiz380

• http://
whats the better sucba tank to buy for a ...
« on: August 09, 2009, 05:34:17 AM »
disco its my first pcp i need advice what is the amount of tank i buy and how much will i use or need to fill and what will it cost ,also what pump will be best to buy .what hoses i need to get female and male or both and will a benjamin tank thats worth 149.00 be good enough i use to shoot3 to 4 x,s a week but now i have two airguns a shark and the discovery .22 that came with air in it i bought a centerpoint scope 6-24x50AO with a one piece .any input from any brother in here would be apperciated thank u very much...jorge

Offline preez

RE: whats the better sucba tank to buy for a ...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 05:44:17 AM »
Jorge, your best bet is to find 100cf 3300psi tank, you'll get a TON of fills and it costs the same to fill the tank. You'll need fill yoke, ones from e-bay work great, just need a whip hose installed. Call around for used tank, sometimes you can get a good deal. I got my 100cf new for $190 I think. Benjamin tank is a waste, unless you want to use it as pony tank for an outing. Does shark take air too? I thought it was co2 only. As for the pump I have no experience with them at all.

Hope this helps

Chris
Bam B-26 .22, Hammerli 850 .22 HPA, Marauder .22

LITTLE HUMILITY GOES A LONG WAY!!!!!!!!! - Joe Cuz

Offline geewhiz380

Re: whats the better sucba tank to buy for a ...
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 06:42:52 AM »
the shark is only co2 but i buy the 20 oz tanks its only 650fps but before it was at 450 ever since george from sunshine gave it a makle over its now at 650fps with extra heavy kodiak its very accurate and lightweight and powerful also but this is probably would be the last 25 i would ever get cause the 25 cal takes away power thats needed and the ammo is very scarce the .22cal is far better then the .25 unless u have a triple aaa.25 from talon tunes giving u with a 42 grain giving u a 992 fps and low 955fps avg. is 972 and accurate as can be now thats a real .25 but its pricy and takes time to get cause so many orders from them .but anyway the tank is a waste im glad u told me that cause it cost 149.00,so a .im gonna check with ebay cause i dont have it yet it gets here by wed.13.09 thank alot preez that was very helpful now the saving is what i have to do cause my grandmoms neighbor told me that he will fill it for me at least twice till i get mine .i planing to get a shroud for it cause i go to middle town 45 minutes away where my grandmom and aunt have space enough to pop a few targets and see what it could do to a old house door thats in front of the garbage.thank u so much your advice was very helpful preez .from jorge nyc....

Offline kp4att

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 06:48:08 AM »
JORGE ... BUY  A REGULAR 80 SQ/FT SCUBA TANK... SUPER EASY TO FILL the rifle AND YOU WILL BE SHOOTIN IN JUST SECONDS. SINCE I GET MY MARAUDER I HAVE FILL THE RIFLE LIKE 25 TIMES UNTIL NOW.

THE SCOPE YOU HAVE IS THE SAME I SET FOR THE MARAUDER.

YESTERDAY I WAS HITTING AN SMALL ALMOST 3 INCHES  DRY WOOD OVER A  60 FOOT TALL TREE AT 61 YARDS EQUAL TO 183 FEET AND I CAN SEE THE WOOD FALLING  WHEN I HITTED IT SEVERAL TIMES. I USES A TRIPOD FOR FRONT SUPPORT OF THE RIFLE.
-------------------------------------------------------------
GERALD (KP4-ATT): PUERTO RICO ISLAND!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------

(Feb 3, 2010)
SUMATRA 500cc .22 - mira: Centerpoint 6-24 x 50 mm

MARAUDER .177 - mira: Leapers 8-32 x 56 mm (30mm)

RWS 48 .177 -     mira: Leapers 4-16 x 50 mm

RWS 350 .22  -  mira Centerpoint 3-9 x 50 mm

GAMO WHISPER VH .177 - mira BSA Panther 2.5-10 x 44 mm

953 .177 (INDOOR) - mira Simmons 3-9 x 32 mm

Offline geewhiz380

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 07:14:13 AM »
wo that good we got the same scope uh cool .i get my disco by wed 13,09 he put someair so i could shoot it a few times im going to craiglist and ebay and then i going to check what they would charge me for the one u got cause in sept i,ll shoot less cause ill start to work again and this time will be day time from 7am till 3pm and thats fridays only otherwise it will be from 7am till 7pm i dont mind cause its a great job and i needed it ,they call me everweek at least twice to make sure im going to work pluse they saw my resume and call a few people im a hard worker plus GOD on my side its fabulous.thanks to all here for advice given ....

Offline howie1a

• http://ihowie1a@yahoo.com
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 07:19:09 AM »
Hi  JORGE  A 80 cu ft' scuba tank of aluminum is probley the lowest cost for a tank it will hold 80 cu ft @ 3000 psi, this is the standard tank scuba divers use and you will find it on most boats also if you go to the next higher psi range you will end up with a steel tank most likley with a din valve . and you are looking in the 500 dollar range for a new tank but a new aluminum 80 is in the 125 to 150 range new, the problem with used tanks is sometimes they are not current with the vis. and hydro. . a Hydro is a pressure test done every 5 years , and the visual is a inspection done by dive shops every year both must be done before any tank will be filled this is a safety inspection and has nothing to do with breathing off the tank,it's about them blowing up. Compressed air is dangerous stuff if not handeled corectly, Since you are a air gun person I would advise you if you  buy a used tank do not buy a luxfer tank since they had a recall a few years ago and any tank older than 1998 will not be filled their was a alloy problem and ther were recalled the recall goes back many years from 1989 tanks tanks newer than 1989 ore ok .I hold a master diver certification so I know  what I am talking about. I wouldn't buy any tanks off ebay since the shipping is got to be out of sight. I would look in dive shops for a used tank it will be inspected and ready to go also maybe they can help with the hardware you need to use the tank for air guns some of the hardware that is used in their fill station might be good for your use  at the least they k ow how to handel  hi pressuer air safely  Howie
Howie1a
CURRENT HERD ,, Baikal pistol M53 in 177 ,,crossman pistol 357 -177cal. ,,Bam 30 -22 cal,,  RWS 320 cal 177 custom walnut  stock,,QB2078 custom stock walnut cal177,,   QB2078 custom walnut stock  22 cal,,B7 custom stock cal 177 ,, B12 custom stock cal 177,,B16 from shadow 177 cal,,<< ALL THE REST OF MY  RIFLES FROM \"\"MIKE M. Flying Dragon Air Rifles \"\" Super nice.

Offline daveshoot

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 10:28:59 AM »

Jorge, I am using the 88 cu carbon fiber from Joe B. for the Marauder and I am really happy with it. It has the glycerine filled gauge and the only hiccup I had was learning to snap the fitting down good when filling. That was just me, not the rig.

Sooner or later you end up lugging those things around and cf makes the diff, dude. I have not been shooting that much lately but I have yet to refill it. I would like a buddy bottle for hunting and I still don't feel right without a pump for backup. But this was a heckuva good place to start and I have never looked back after choking over the initial cash. Now I am good for any PCP I pony up for. I forgot the $$$ after a few fills and now I take it for granted.

4500 psi fills are available here and that is a huge difference. I am really glad I went with the 4500 rig in retrospect.

Steroid Sheridan rocker, Daisy 990, SS1000, B26-2, QB-57, Crosman 150 (TW), Crosman 1377 x 2,  RWS5G, MP513, IZH53, RWS9N/Cometa, MP661k Drozd, Walther Falcon Hunter, RWS 34 Panther, XS-B3-1, Cummins B3s, RWS94 Cometa x 2, RWS48, Beeman R7, Daisy Avanti 853, RWS92 Cometa 220, Beeman P3, IZH-46M x 2, Daisy Avanti 747, Diana 24, B5-10, BSA Lightning .22, Crosman Marauder #39 .22, Crosman 1322 Phase 1, Diana Model 20, HW70, Shin Sung Dragon Slayer .50, Haenel Model 26, Slavia 620, HW45/.177

Offline howie1a

• http://ihowie1a@yahoo.com
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 11:44:25 AM »
Carbon fiber is a lot lighter than a scuba tank for instance a 80 cu ft aluminum weights about 40lbs full and about 36#  empty steel is lighter because they are thinner a aluminum is about 1/2 inch wall thickness. The carbon fibers were made for firemen so they don't have the weight to lug around if the tank is in the water it is near weightless. howie
Howie1a
CURRENT HERD ,, Baikal pistol M53 in 177 ,,crossman pistol 357 -177cal. ,,Bam 30 -22 cal,,  RWS 320 cal 177 custom walnut  stock,,QB2078 custom stock walnut cal177,,   QB2078 custom walnut stock  22 cal,,B7 custom stock cal 177 ,, B12 custom stock cal 177,,B16 from shadow 177 cal,,<< ALL THE REST OF MY  RIFLES FROM \"\"MIKE M. Flying Dragon Air Rifles \"\" Super nice.

Offline SoCalFan

• GTA Donations
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 06:25:06 AM »
Hi Dave,

Also in the market for a 88cu CF tank, and will call up Joe B. My impression is that there're not many places that can fill up to 4500PSI. Air Source in Long Beach quoted me $38.00 for one fill! Where do you get your fills? What's the cost? How many refills can I expect for my S410ERB?
Like you, I'd also like to get a buddy bottle - how many refills? I typically pump up when the BAR reading is around 150...

Thanks!