Author Topic: Health Care. Clean it up don't destroy it.  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Bogey

• http://
Health Care. Clean it up don't destroy it.
« on: August 26, 2009, 07:06:48 AM »
Basically there is nothing wrong with the Health Care in the U.S. except that the liberals of this country have purposely loaded the system with people that should not in the system.  And they have encouraged abuse beyond imagination.

As an example, at the local hospitals in this area all non citizens that come to the hospital to have thier babies are automatically signed up for every Government  program possible.  Free health care, welfare, foodstamps, rent subsides. meal tickets and even taxi fare to and from the DR.s .  And this is for every member of thier family and if they can bring others into thler family they will get benefits also.

These people have never paid 1 cent in anything to this country yet they feed on us with contempt.

In addition, the system is loaded with persons that made the choice to be drug addicts, drunks or have HIV. Or all 3.    These are lifestyle choices that are now being paid for by the citizens that actually pay taxes.  The very taxpayers  that are now being told to expect to have thier Health Care System reduced to something like a 3rd world country or worse.

Also the waste that these "Free" Health care recipients is unbelieveable.  Thier attitude  can turn your stomach .  I personally know of one such welfare paracite that will spend an entire day at the Dr.s office or emergency room and then not get a prescription filled if it costs them anything.  Even .50 cents.  They see wasting others valuable time and resources  as a social outting. Where they can sit in an airconditioned room and watch T.V. all day. And  they take offence if they feel they have been slighted in anyway.

And the taxpayers are expected to give up benefits so the vermin can have more.  The 7th seal has been broken folks.
Gentleman of Fortune.

Hum-bug!

Offline TCups

RE: Health Care. Clean it up don't destroy it.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 07:47:15 AM »
You left out the fact that they can sue the doctors who take care of them if they feel that the care that they got wasn't perfect -- after all, if there is a bad outcome, then it must be someone else's fault.

Any discussion of health care reform must include tort reform, or there will be no change.  What doctor would risk his or her career by exposing themselves to malpractice litigation by being selective about who they treat and how they treat them?  None.  Show up at the hospital door with a headache and plan on getting a CT scan or MRI or whatever, whether or not you are insured.

If you had a system where you could go to any grocery store and get free food if you couldn't afford to pay for it, what do you think would happen to food prices at the grocery store, presuming the grocery stores was able to stay in business?  And in such a whacky system, what would grocery store reform look like under the types of solutions being proposed for medical care?  And who would want to become a grocer?

Why are people more entitled to health care than groceries?  Or transportation? Or housing?  Can you think of any things that the government has done a good job of reforming along those lines, as opposed to totally screwing up a system that while imperfect, at least still worked?

If the "entitlement" arises from the fact that health care can be ruinously expensive to the average person, to the point that it is a crisis about which something must be done, then wouldn't the solution be to make health care costs more competitive and to lower the cost of health care?  And if so, then why in God's name would you think having the government be the major payer (or perhaps the only payer), having everyone insured, and not doing anything to address tort reform would be a good idea?    

It is primarily government policy that has made today's health care ruinously expensive - separating the recipient of the service from the responsibility to pay for the service, covering every senior citizen with Medicare and almost every poor person with Medicaid, and empowering the American legal system to make damned sure every doctor is never going to risk cost-cutting medical care at the peril of being sued for malpractice.  And now that these failed policies have run their course driven the health care industry to its current state of crisis, they are going to step in and fix it?  

The current political climate has nothing to do about any chance to improve the average person's health care and much more about preserving the status quo, providing the trial lawyers with even more potential clients, and growing the power of the current federal government.

Offline Bogey

RE: Health Care. Clean it up don't destroy it.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 08:25:46 AM »
Tommy , I could not agree with your more.   Your comments and observations are spot on.  I quit my post as I felt I was getting too long winded.  Thanks for filling in more of the situation.

Sometimes I wonder if we are just not shoveling sand against the tide.
Gentleman of Fortune.

Hum-bug!