Author Topic: AIRFORCE TALON SS VS THE BENJAMIN MARAUDER??  (Read 22856 times)

Offline pindog2000

• http://
AIRFORCE TALON SS VS THE BENJAMIN MARAUDER??
« on: August 28, 2009, 04:35:32 PM »
FELLAS????????????
keep your eyes on the prize & dont let it crawl away.

Offline longislandhunter

RE: AIRFORCE TALON SS VS THE BENJAMIN MARAUDER??
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 07:58:18 AM »
Both are great rifles.  Both are very quiet, with the Marauder being the quieter of the 2 "out of the box".    Both are extremely accurate and have the power for efficient small game and medium sized game with the Talon having the edge in overall power.  

Talon power is adjustable like the Marauder however the talon trigger is non adjustable.  

Talon, like all AF rifles have interchangeable barrels and have a myriad of accessories made specifically for the AF platform.  

Like I said, they are both great rifles.  Take a serious look at your personal shooting requirements, compare those requirements against the pro's and cons of each rifle and then make an informed decision which rifle suits your needs the best.    

Or,,, take the easy way out and just buy both  :)

I own both and love em......

Jeff
\"If it was easy it wouldn\'t be hunting, it would be shopping.\"

Offline pindog2000

(old post)RE: AIRFORCE TALON SS VS THE BENJAMIN MARAUDER??
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 03:04:13 PM »
i was looking at some old posts and i think you can add a 24 in barrel to give the ss talon a extra 20 fpe and swap back the 12 inch barrel for quiet hunting with 26 fpe

Offline Crimson Sky

• http://www.thebestcasescenario.com
Re: AIRFORCE TALON SS VS THE BENJAMIN MARAUDER??
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 03:42:37 PM »
Lightness is also the advantage with the Talon SS. I can carry mine all day without fatigue. It shoulders very quickly and is insanely accurate.  Caliber flexibility, power adjustment, shot count and durability all make it well worth my time in the field.

Offline Als69GT

• http://www.saveonemorechild.com
RE: (old post)RE: AIRFORCE TALON SS VS THE BENJAMIN MARAUDER??
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 03:42:51 PM »
I havn't seen or shot the marauder but I have a Tallon SS and a Blizzard. its a toss up because thay are both so different. The blizzard and marauder have 10 shot clips and the tallon is a 1 shot. The blizzard and marauder and blizzard are full size and the Tallon is carbine. The blizzard is a little heavy but very stable. the Tallon is very lite and compact. But i love them both. I keep the tllon in a file drawer in my office trailer and at lunch can open the back door and plink. The blizzard is a little bigger and I usually shoot after work 30 or 40 rounds in a 10 to 15 minute session due to the multishot clip. I usually am suprised when I hear the air ping and relise I shot 10 allready.   I have purchased a second Tank so I don't have to get them filled as often ( 3 months on the first fill,but I only had one gun)

Just buy the both you'll be glad you did after a few hundred rounds.

Al
I know there is a fine line between a hobby and an obcession, to bad I sped over it at about a hundred !!

Offline shootist

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 02:08:33 AM »
I'd have to agree with Jeff. Just buy both. Each gun has it's own little traits that makes them special. I have both and would be hard pressed to find one better overall than the other. The Marauder is quieter than the SS, but the SS is more adjustable than the Marauder, except for the trigger. You could go on like that for a while. I like the lightness of the SS a lot. With the scope on the Marauder, a 6-24X56 Nikko Sterling, it's up there in weight. It really is a toss up. Have a great day - Lee

Offline geewhiz380

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 03:18:25 AM »
IM GONNA HAVE TO SELL ALL MY AIRRIFLE JUST TO HAVE TWO WHICH IS THE .22 TO GO OR WHEN I MOVE TO MAINE IT WILL BE THE .25 TRIPLE AAA THATS A 80 TO 90FPE WITH A 110GRAM HAMMER POLISHED VAVLE WITH FRONT AND BACK VENTED BUSING WHICH HELPS IN THE QUIETNESS  AND A 42GRAIN PELLETS FLYING ACCURATELY AT 992 TO 958 FPS NOW THATS A HOLE MAKER BUT VERY PRICEY AND TAKES MONTHS TO CONSTUCK BUT THE OUTCOME IS WONDERFUL ADDING A FRIENDLY SHROUD AND KEEPING MY 350M.22 AND B26.177 I WILL BE CONTENT HOWEVER I WISH THE CONDOR WILL COME WITH SOME TYPE OF REAPERTING DEVICE THAT WILL RELEASE ABOUT 8 TO 10 SHOTS .THE TALON ASO FROM TALON TUNES THEY DO MAKE THEM FOR YOUR LIKES. THE MARAUDER IS ALSO A GREAT RIFLE ,THATS ACCURATE ,10 SHOTS ,QUITE AND RELIABLE AFFORDABLE .I HOPE MY 2 CENTS WAS WORTH SOMETHING ....JORGE

Offline North Pack

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 04:13:17 AM »
Forgetting any pumps etc.  - what's it cost to refill an AF tank, - roughly. How much does it cost a year for a "reasonable amount" of shooting???

Offline shootist

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 04:28:09 AM »
To fill my 80cf is between $4-$5.00. I can fill my Marauder about 25 times. Don't know about the SS yet, would guess somewhere near the same. Lee

Offline pindog2000

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 12:31:20 PM »
yeah im looking at that talon ss really just by swapping the barrel u gain 20 fpe 46 fpe total thats plenty for what i need to do

Offline shootist

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 01:01:43 PM »
Hi Cliff, I'm afraid there is a little more to it than that. You will also have to put in a hi-flow valve for more air and a heavier hammer to set it all off. It adds up to a bit of change for sure. Have a great evening - Lee

Offline r60us

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »
longislandhunter - 8/29/2009  2:58 PM

Both are great rifles.  Both are very quiet, with the Marauder being the quieter of the 2 "out of the box".    Both are extremely accurate and have the power for efficient small game and medium sized game with the Talon having the edge in overall power.  

Talon power is adjustable like the Marauder however the talon trigger is non adjustable.  

Talon, like all AF rifles have interchangeable barrels and have a myriad of accessories made specifically for the AF platform.  

Like I said, they are both great rifles.  Take a serious look at your personal shooting requirements, compare those requirements against the pro's and cons of each rifle and then make an informed decision which rifle suits your needs the best.    

Or,,, take the easy way out and just buy both  :)

I own both and love em......

Jeff

Jeff your not kidding... I did take the easy way out and got them both.  Have not shot the Marauder yet so time will tell which one I like better

Rob

Offline MaineJim

• GTA Donations
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 08:38:41 PM »
I've owned both rifles in .22 cal .The Talon is much lighter/compact,a bit louder and gives you double the shots before needing a recharge due to a larger airtank.
Marauder is a more conventional looking rifle ,multi shot capable  and also very spotty in the accuracy department.If you are lucky you will get an amazinly accurate
sample,if not it will drive you to insanity like myself and lots of others.Sometimes its the older baffles,which Benjamin usualy replaces for free othertimes its next to
imposible to find the cause of all those wild fliers.
To me accuracy is everything so i would not take a chance on a Marauder,would definately go with the Talon.
My two favorite airguns right now are my two Discos in .177/.22 ,yes they are louder but lightweight,dependable,decent looking,inexpensive and most importantly
accurate.
Best of luck with your decision and if you go with the Marauder i hope you get one that shoots,the ones that do ,really shoot very well.

Offline shootist

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 03:10:28 AM »
Hi Jim, just went thru it with Crosman. I e-mailed and asked about the upgraded bolt, baffles and trigger pack. NONE of these parts will be replaced unless broken or you buy them outright. FYI, have a great day - Lee