Author Topic: loose pellets??  (Read 5028 times)

loose pellets??
« on: March 13, 2007, 01:24:00 PM »
:) i amhooting a beeman ss1000t and notice lately the daisy precsion 22cal wadcutters push through the barrel fairly easy,is this good or bad,i live out in the boonies in south dakota so i have to buy what wally world sells in 22cal with is daisy,177cal have a better selection,but only the daisy in 22cal,so what do you guys go by for resistance when pushing a pellet through the barrel.

thanks bob osness(storm1000)

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
RE: loose pellets??
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 01:43:53 PM »
Welcome Bob to GTA. From what I understand about this, you would want the pellet to push through without hanging up or getting even looser. Does it feel like it push's through evenly the whole way or getting tighter in  area's of the barrel. Hope it just dosn't fall through. There are some very sharp fellow member's here that will get you up and running, what do you think guy's. A wider pellet selection would really help you to check different type's. By the way I live in South Dakota also, Wagner. I order mine online and CABELAS in Yankton has got a pretty good selection. Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 02:24:45 PM »
i live in ipswich 25 west of aberdeen,there are no 22 cal selections at wally world except for the daisy precsion max wadcutters.they push through easy but don't fall out, no rough spots.
i would use crosman premiers hollow pionts because they work geat in my 177cal rifles,but they don't carry those at walmart,guess i'll have to get an order up and  order something else on line.
what do you think of the daisy max 22cal pellets.

bob

Offline shadow

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 11:09:41 PM »
I picked up some of them at CABELAS with some other type's, Predator's and CPHP's for my Gamo 220.22. I was using them to test my new Gamo. I have no sight's on the 220 as of yet but was eyeball target shooting and the Daisy's seemed alright but I hunt with my air rifle's so I work more with the hunting pellet's. The Predator's were killer but are a little pricy and if you don't hunt, there's no need for em. The CPHP's work well in both my .22 and .177's but remember every gun is different and has their own taste of pellet that it like's. As I mentioned before if you can try different type's to see what she like's.Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: loose pellets??
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 11:35:56 PM »
Hi Rex

I do not own any of the models you mention, but it is not uncommon to find that some pellets fit loose when you load them.. Some say this not a good thing and some say not to worry about it. What counsts is the accuracy. I have some springers that a certain brand of pellet fit loose in but in another identical model they will fit snug in..

Also some will tell you that you will need some quality pellets.. :) This depends on how seriouse you are about shooting a bulls at 30 to 40 yards consistantly. If you are just plinking, I would think any pellet would work.. Besides your rifles will show you what they like best when you look at your target... hehe

But for sure there are high quality pellets out there and poor quality pellests. And every air gun only likes certain pellets.. I won't recomment any pellets for you to use, because this is for you to determine yourself what works best for ya..

Good luck

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Re: loose pellets??
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 12:49:43 PM »
i going to town friday(aberdeen) to a sporting goods store and see what brands they carry and hopefully something other than daisy so i can see if there is any difference in accuracy and barrel fit.

thanks for all the info guy,s

bob osness

Offline -=ed

• http://
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 01:17:12 PM »

Daisy's are not the best of pellets, imho.

How tight a group can you shoot?

-=ed..................... \"...and in our dark despair, against our will... wisdom comes...\"

Offline shadow

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 02:29:18 PM »
I do agree with -=ed, Daisy's are not the greatest to test the real performence of your airgun. Hopefully you can score some different brand's and type's on your trip into the big city. Ed