Author Topic: Gots Da Hots Fer A New Lathe.................. and  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Gots Da Hots Fer A New Lathe.................. and
« on: April 05, 2007, 01:57:44 PM »
it won't be long before I punch the button either.. Been getting myself all worked up thinking about it the last month or so..:) Will have to offset buying more air rifles for a while thought....:(  But I think I have enough to last me for a couple more months... hehe... I would like to extend my experience with  the air rifles, in how they all function.. It seems the power plants are based on the same theory but the quality from air rifle to air rifle does differ considerably..

I worked as a machinist for over 6 years when I was a youngin, and have forgotten more than I remember, but I think I can get back in the groove after a bit of practice...:) My primary goal is to take my air gun hobby even further.. So many of you in the GTA have really great ideas and at this time I have no way of making your ideas come to life.. hehe.. I have quite a few ideas on accessories for the air rifles and sure would like to make them a reality..

Anyway, just posting my ideals and thoughts..:)

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
RE: Gots Da Hots Fer A New Lathe.................. and
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 02:06:54 PM »
At last buddy, there's so many thing's that one can machine on em. I learn more everyday and what I don't know I just give dad a call. Waiting for your first project pic's and you'll just love those little metal curly fry's everywhere. Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

Offline SDale

• http://
Re: Gots Da Hots Fer A New Lathe.................. and
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 02:13:40 PM »
I know whatca mean about that Itch Gene! I went to the Doct.....Oops. Wrong itch! :D

Anyhow I ended up ordering mine because I got used to making my own parts for my Cars & Bikes when I worked at a paper mill. When I switched jobs, no more machine tools, no more welders, no more sheet metal brake. Life got kinda boring!

I recieved my new welder yesterday and once it got here the FIRST thing I did was set it up in the garage and set to work on a new welding table/work bench and a Spinner target!  Once you get yours all KINDS of oppertunities to make stuff present themselves. The only thing you're limited to is material, ideas and motivation!

So HURRY UP AND GET IT! and have fun!

OH! Also make sure to get a garbage can to use as a chip drum!

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: Gots Da Hots Fer A New Lathe.................. and
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 02:15:12 PM »
Thanks Ed, to be truthful, me going over to CDT's allot and watching him make all those curly q'ssssssss everywhere just facinated me.. hehe

Ya I am amazed at CDT, when he jumps on his lathe or mill.. It reminds me when I was a kid and worked for a German Machinest.. I would do the final inside cuts on aluminum hand held jig saws made for Lockheed Aircraft.. I would take a casting and do the finishing cut on the inside of the housing for the bearings and bushings.. But the work that I see CDT do is from scratch and makes me feel all warm inside watching him with all the processes he go's through to custom make and fit things......:)

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin