Author Topic: Benjamin pump fits 850 Magnum  (Read 1069 times)

Offline neric

• http://
Benjamin pump fits 850 Magnum
« on: February 16, 2010, 03:23:19 AM »
Regarding the Benjamin pump on Pyramid Air the text reads:  "Exclusively for Benjamin,,, made by Crosman"

I bought an 850 Magnum from Roald on the 850 Store about a year ago, with which I am very very pleased.  Having taken the warning above about the Benjamin pump - I never considered it.    So I searched and found a way to convert my Air Force Talon pump to fit the 850.   It was a challenge because the pump uses British threads.  I ended up with a too long hose with a bigger diameter than is needed which took a lot more pumping just to fill the hose before it started filling the gun,,,,and I didn't shoot my Talon for about a year.

I finally wanted to shoot my Talon again so I took off the make shift hose and put the Talon adapter back on the base.  Well,,,it leaked now, couldn't even get up to 1,000 PSI.  Visual inspection revealed a scarred mating suface from the washer on the big hose.  I wasn't sure how I was going to hone it smooth again but after a couple of weeks I finally got it to not leak.

So after all this ordeal I decided to buy a separate pump for each of my PCPs,,,I wasn't going to deal more chances of leaking.  I thought it would be a smooth simple change over,,,but no.

I bought the Benjamin pump and it works beautifully, fits perfectly,,,small hose,  about four pumps and the valve pops open to filling the gun.  

I wasn't sure,,,,wasn't able to discern confidently that the fittings would mate from the description,,,,and I hadn't seen anyone else post these findings.  I took the chance of having to go thru the trouble of returning the pump.  

Pumping happily ever after now.

Hunters know they\'re gonna need a clean pair when they see you comin\'

\"Squirrel Skivvies\" is a copyrighted trademark of the Bird Feeder Raiding Corporation