Author Topic: SS1000 tear down  (Read 2782 times)

Offline JMG

• http://
SS1000 tear down
« on: April 08, 2007, 10:49:03 AM »

Well all of you Beeman chinese airgun haters out there here is another feather in your cap. I was having problems with the gun not wanting to lock up when cocking it. So I decided to rip into it and see what I could see. First thing I ran into was the weird assembly I had to get past in order to get the spring out. This assembly was the trigger assy. housing. Its a stamped steel affair that has been pressed into a sqaure, thats what ya see when you are looking into the end of the receiver. 2 large pins hold this thing in. Then there is the sear,springs,trigger pin that also goes through this housing. 1 pin to hold 2 springs the sear and the trigger. Now the real pain is unless you make something out of tubing to get past this housing assy you are gonna have to get into your redneck tool box to get a couple of screwdrivers to hold the spring back while you take out this housing assembly. Of course it doesnt come out the rear of the receiver like everything else does oh no it comes out the slot cut into the receiver for the trigger assy. I got it all apart and was well just shocked hehe. I know I know ya'll hate this gun and now I know why. Even though probably 99.5% of you havent even been inside of it. The sear is 3 stamped pieces pinned together. I removed it from the stamped trigger blade setup and was examining the contact surfaces. Depending on any irregularities on the piston lug the sear catches it may have only one of 3 plates to lock it up. What surprices me is that they spent the energy to make a great receiver, a great looking piston, a good looking tophat, And then they say how much time can we actually put into the sear? Hmmm lets make it out of 3 pieces instead of one and we will use a little pin to hold all the stamped pieces together and oh yeah that little pin can also be use in conjunction with the springs to make a qausi first stage pivot for the trigger. Any who from what I could tell there isnt a lot of pressure that the springs put out to hold that 3 fingered sear up in place. Guess I am gonna have to raid the G/F's bobby pins and rubber band collection to figure something out for this thing. I wont forget my duct tape either....

John

Ok I shoot....maybe not well but I do shoot hehe, B26-2.177, X3-B3-2 .177, RWS 34 .177, QB78 Deluxe .177, CR 1322 Medalist
[img=../photos/get-photo.asp?photoid=610]

Offline Rixtrix

RE: SS1000 tear down
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 11:19:04 AM »
At least when I got the Shadow apart, I was surprised how simple it was. Goona go try to knock over those FT's now.

Ric G
Daisy Model 25 BB gun, 45 years young and still shooting-    BSA Ultra .177, RFM Muzzlebrake, Bushnell Elite 4200 6x24-40 AO Mildot scope,  SportsMatch high rings)-    Gamo Shadow 1000, GRT-lll trigger, AirGunToyz Muzzle Brake, Centerpoint 4-16x40 AO IR mildot,Accushot Med. One Piece Mount, JM Tarantula spring and seal, polished internals, sleeved guide and tophat,self-tuned with CDT advice, CPL, JSB Exact or Predator pellets

Offline Big_Bill

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 01:12:38 PM »

Your a GOOD man John,

I think I would have packaged it all up and sent it to Charlie.

I'm not near good enough to deal with that ! The Gamo's as good as I get, at least right now ?

Congratulations !!!!

Life Member of The United States of America
Life Member of the National Rifle Association
Member Air Guns Addicted Anonymous
SHOOT SAFE ! - SHOOT WELL ! - SHOOT OFTEN !
Always Use A Spring Compressor ! and Buy the GREAT GRT-III & CBR Triggers, cause they are GRRRREAT !

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: SS1000 tear down
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 01:46:36 PM »
Did you ever find out why it was not locking up John?...:)

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline JMG

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 05:02:51 PM »

No Gene I didnt, I messed around with it some while I had just the receiver by itself but I am thinking at the time I was gettin a little to frustrated so I just cleaned it up and put it back together and put it in the corner like I did with my daughter when she was bad lol. I even took the scope off of it and put it on my B3 and shot the B3 a little today. Here is what my plan is to get a clue as to whats going on......I think I will tear it down again remove the powerplant spring and just work the piston by hand in the receiver and then round up a magnifying glass to see whats actually going on. If I am right in my thinking I shouldnt need the mainspring in there to see how andwhen the lockup occurs or in this case doesnt occur. Just guessing right now but something tells me the sear itself isnt making its full travel up onto that piston lug.

John

P.S. After reading that last line it occured to me that this should be blatantly obvious to the casual observer doh! Ok I have no excuse for my idiocy at this point lol.

Ok I shoot....maybe not well but I do shoot hehe, B26-2.177, X3-B3-2 .177, RWS 34 .177, QB78 Deluxe .177, CR 1322 Medalist

Offline JMG

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 05:14:20 PM »

Well Bill between utterings of new four letter words I made up, and some that have been around forever.... I was thinking about that, sending it to Bob. But then I thought what are you kidding John it wouldnt be very nice to send a friend a pile of place your favorite expletive here_____ to stink up their bench. No offense to Bob but I dont wanna hear him say what he said to Gene about his B3...."I dont ever wanna see another B3 $^(*$#)&$* in here again" hehe I will figure it out sooner or later probably later considering I have new guns on the way.

John

Offline DanoInTx

• http://airgunartisans.com
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 04:35:19 AM »
I can see about helping you ruin it even more when I drive up tomorrow....we're still on for tomorrow right?

Dan
Dan

Current shooters: Beeman HW97K .177 with Hawke Eclipse 4x16x50SFAO and Steve C. stock, Beeman R9 .177 with Hawke Airmax 4-12x40AO and Gene\'s Midas touch, Air Arms S200 with Bushnell Banner 6x24x40AO Rowan brass bling and Steve C. custom stock, BAM B25, BAM B40 .177 with BSA 3x12x44AO, Benjamin Marauder .22, Benjamin 397 pumper.

\"repeat this mantra:
Air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzzz!!!  ...You will feel better\" T.E.C.2008

Offline JMG

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 09:05:42 AM »

Yes sir we are on for tomorrow. I have the gun back together now I am still a little mad at it so its still sittin in the corner. I am thinking of making a one piece sear for it butI doubt I will get to tearing it apart again tonight though hehe. And Dan if we tear it apart when you are here you are gonna laugh at how I do it but then you will laugh at the way it is designed so it is just a big ol laugh fest situation goin on with this umm uhhh ..... I have a B26-2 coming I have a B26-2 coming hehe. Oh and by the way the Blue B3 is shootin awesome with the Beeman 3x9x32 scope on it and I do mean awesome. Can nail a dime at about 15 yards 95% of the time ... not that I am shooting dimes but the shoot n see targets come with quarter and dime sized dots that work real well for blind ol fools like myself.

John

P.S. Dan go ahead and gimme a call if ya wanna get some destructions on how to get to my place.

Offline DanoInTx

• http://airgunartisans.com
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 01:56:39 PM »
I pmed ya, and emailed, didn't want to call in case it was too late.  Had a busy afternoon, and then I took my B50 from its case to do a little yard shooting and it was out of air, which only means one thing.....leaks!  I found the leak, it was the fill nipple, pretty common apparently with these guns.  Anyways, spent an hour or so on the floor of my garage trying to find the only replacement o-ring I had for that spot that I just happened to drop during installation......but then found out that I actually had two of that o-ring, so I put the gun back together, pressure checked, bubble water checked, all is well:)

Will call in the afternoon tomorrow around 4p.m. probably.

Dan
Dan

Current shooters: Beeman HW97K .177 with Hawke Eclipse 4x16x50SFAO and Steve C. stock, Beeman R9 .177 with Hawke Airmax 4-12x40AO and Gene\'s Midas touch, Air Arms S200 with Bushnell Banner 6x24x40AO Rowan brass bling and Steve C. custom stock, BAM B25, BAM B40 .177 with BSA 3x12x44AO, Benjamin Marauder .22, Benjamin 397 pumper.

\"repeat this mantra:
Air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzzz!!!  ...You will feel better\" T.E.C.2008