Author Topic: Crosman NPSS 22  (Read 1656 times)

Offline chortdraw

• http://
Crosman NPSS 22
« on: May 14, 2010, 03:26:12 AM »
Went to the mountains where we hunt squirrels at 6800 ft elevation to check out our camp site since the snow has melted. Saw Elk/ deer/ squirrels and a coyote. Took the NPSS to see how it would respond the high elevation? We had a ball and I was very pleased at the performance of the gun. Shot pine cones out of the trees out to about 50+ yards. Set up plastic water bottles at 50 yds. and had no trouble hitting them. Actually got to hitting the caps at that range. My buddy had so much fun that I think he will be getting a pellet gun very soon. He was amazed at the accuracy of the gun. Also had my Rem.1200 177 with the chopped of barrel and new brake which is also very accurate but does lack the hitting power of the 22 cal. at the longer distance. We went through about 200 pellets in the NPSS and it just keeps getting better!!! Have heard that the NP does not last very long and tends to go flat? I hope this is not a common thing with this gun because I sure am enjoying this gun. The squirrels are in for trouble this coming season if it keeps shooting the way it has been. Forgot to take the Chrony with us to see if we lost much speed at that altitude but it didn't seem to lose much if any. All in all, had a great time with the gun.

Rem.Vantage/chopped and tuned by me.
 Crosman 22 NPSS
 Daisy 880
 2-Daisy Red Rider\'s
 Whisper 177 home tuned- given to my son