Author Topic: NRA Convention 2010  (Read 1460 times)

Offline LongIslandArcher

• http://
NRA Convention 2010
« on: May 17, 2010, 04:04:51 PM »
Let me preface this thread by saying that I am a Life member of the NRA, I had an all-access NRA Media pass to the entire convention.

Okay, so I went down to Charlotte, N.C. this weekend to the NRA Convention.  I found the GAMO booth and I had voiced to a Mr. Norvin Hornberger, V.P. of Sales, the concerns some of you have had regarding the direction GAMO had taken with their rifles.  

He explained to me that the reason GAMO went with an integral trigger was because (the typical) customers were complaining how the old-style triggers would get loose, etc. and have a failure to cock, so they changed their triggers to the new style so they won't get loose.  I told him how the new plastic triggers were horrible and how they were no longer able to be upgraded to the "Gxx" triggers, and how it's nearly impossible to upgrade their rifles with a gas ram.  I explained to him that there's a whole community of air gun tuners and serious shooters out here that are extremely disappointed with the direction they took.  I also pointed out how poor their customer service department is in returning calls and emails.

He handed me his card and told me that if anyone has any concerns, that he could be contacted.  I told him I would write about my interview with him on the forums and on my gun-blog.  I am not posting Mr. Hornberger's contact information here because I feel that it might be subject to abuse, and the last thing we need is for him to shut us out completely.  Therefore, I am sending the contact information to Gene so that perhaps he can be your liaison, or he might pass this information to another moderator who wants the job as liaison.  As such, s/he will gather all your questions and concerns and forward them to Mr. Hornberger.