Author Topic: New benji Super Streak?  (Read 20838 times)

Offline jay morgan

• http://
New benji Super Streak?
« on: June 21, 2010, 08:23:25 AM »
Hey Guy's,got my SS an seem to be having trouble with acc.,I can stack pellet's for a few shot's then for no reason next several like a inch off an all over :emoticon: ,then back in(not the scope,no movement at all under recoil,even traded for new one at wally's).The pivot pin was not loctited at factory(I did it),base mount changed(did it).Harsh recoil but I DO shoot up to a 300 win. mag 200gr.in long range ,so it's not a flinch :o ,an yes CDT's trigger was the first thing that went in(that guy's the greatest in service),All I can think of is a bad seal?Or do you all know of something I've missed or should do.250/300 shot's so far down tube, like's cphp's & ultra mag's,hate's rws super dome's(strange).
N.R.A.(endowment),G.O.A.(life), N.R.A. trainer for,c.c.w.,all firearms &reloading /\" NO FREEMAN SHALL EVER BE DEBARRED THE USE OF ARM\'S\"(Thomas Jefferson)

Offline ezman604

• Owner/Executive Administrator
RE: New benji Super Streak?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 08:34:37 AM »

Jay, did you doa super good cleaning of the barrel before you started? Also check all screws and bolts. The pivot bolt, the two in the foregrip and one at the rear of the trigger group. How is the barrel lockup? Is it good and solid or have movement and not really positive? What ammo you using? Mine likes CPHP.

Dave

Crosman/Revelation 760 PumpMaster (Vintage 1967)
Powerline 1000S .177 (semi-tuned by me)
Benjamin Super Streak .177/.22 (semi-tuned by me)
Benjamin Trail NP XL1500 (bone stock)
Benjamin Trail NP XL1100 (project gun)
TF89 .22 (tuned by Gene)
Winchester 1000WS .177 (semi-tuned by muwah)
QB57 (l

Offline jay morgan

Re: New benji Super Streak?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 09:27:51 AM »
ezman I can find no movement in barrel side to side,solid lock up(no play, have to slap barrel to open)but I am going to check washer's in pivot point,I cleaned barrel first thing till all patch's came out clean(do notice some lead deposit's in it now though,small bit's)All screw's an pivot are tight(Beyond tight,strong Plumber's hand's LOL)an as I said like's CP's med. & heavy, hate's RWS's.
N.R.A.(endowment),G.O.A.(life), N.R.A. trainer for,c.c.w.,all firearms &reloading /\" NO FREEMAN SHALL EVER BE DEBARRED THE USE OF ARM\'S\"(Thomas Jefferson)

Offline ezman604

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 09:32:27 AM »
Only other thing I can think of is check the crown. Make sure it's symetrical.
TF89 .22 (tuned by Gene)
QB57 (l

Offline jay morgan

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 10:26:05 AM »
I'd like to do that ezman,I've tried to remove the brake but it seem's to be on tight(an yes did take out set screw LOL)how did you do it if you don't asking?

Offline rocker1

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 10:26:18 AM »
have you shot it enough to season the barrel or is that a stupid quiestion, i know my xl1100 i was about to give up on it but after a tin or so of pellets after i replaced the seal it turned in to another ag.  thanks david
XL1500177  XL1100 22 CROSSMAN PHANTOM 177 REMINGTON SUMMIT22 CROSSMAN STORM 177 BENJAMINE 392P 22 RWS MODEL 45 177 CROSSMAN 1377 CROSSMAN TITAN 22 AND A B-3 CHING CHANGE

Offline ezman604

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 10:31:40 AM »
True, it takes a couple hundred rounds to season the bore well. I had to heat my break with a heatgun/hair dryer to get it removed. You should be able to look down the break with a flashlight and see the crown.
TF89 .22 (tuned by Gene)
QB57 (l

Offline jay morgan

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 10:41:54 AM »
It could most likely need another tin or two in it rocker1 an like you said I think it could be the seal is bad from factory(I need a chrony bad,gun's out the yin yang,no chrony)but if it continue's I'll do a tune on it next(alway's make's for a better gun anyway).

Offline ezman604

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 11:28:14 AM »

Chrony can be handy. And my SS had a bad seal from the factory. I ordered a JM seal, new spring and piston before I even got the gun. I opened it up as soon as it arrived and found a damaged seal. Replaced it 3X before I discovered a secret to installing the seals and posted that. I think you've seen it already. Beware of the threeads in the end of the receiver tube. They eat seals for lunch.

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.com/airguns/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=25756&posts=12#M206387

TF89 .22 (tuned by Gene)
QB57 (l

Offline jay morgan

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 11:49:19 AM »
I just went an took a look at crowning(used my 120 lum. P6 tactical surefire,damn near blinded myself)where as I thought there was a flat end plug in brake it is really the barrel that end's flat with a nice target crown inset into it,ran a long Q-tip(really wooden gun cleaning type)an no fuzz left behind to indicate nick's.Got me scraching my head now,guess more pellet's an if that does'nt do the trick it's got to be the seal?Power of these gun's is flat amazeing to behold though,fantastic velocity!!!!

Offline jay morgan

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 12:07:10 PM »
No ezman I had not,THAT is a great fix,you saved me a ton of hardship with that THANK's,I will diff. use it on my tune.Got what seal for replacement but what spring did you use?I really believe that the seal is the cause of my poor acc. problem's.

Offline ezman604

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 12:16:19 PM »
I ordered the factory spring from Crosman. But I believe JM sells one that will work too. I think the RWS350 spring is about the same but don't hold me to that one. One of the other more knowledgable members can probably tell ya. The factory spring is beefy enough for me.
TF89 .22 (tuned by Gene)
QB57 (l

Offline jay morgan

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 12:45:51 PM »
I believe your right on that rws350 mag. spring(care less about more speed in these monster's, just the quality of spring),I am following in your foot step's an next will be getting a .22 barrel from crosman,did you get all new part's for it to make it easer change over?

Offline ezman604

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 04:36:58 PM »

All new parts for sure. One really neat thing about Crosman islow costreplacement parts. Like a spring for $7, barrel for $15, etc. I talked to Kim at Crosman Friday and they had 2 SS barrels left in .22. It took me 2 months wait to get mine so if you are thinking about it, I'd advise calling her immediately!!!! (800)724-7486. Or email her at kyaddow@crosman.com

TF89 .22 (tuned by Gene)
QB57 (l

Offline Jonnyreb

• GTA Donations
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 06:06:08 PM »
Hey Jay

Just wondering what kind of scope you put on your gun?  I even found that my 2 bushnell(AO, airgun rated) didn't stand up to my rws 350. The shots jittered around about like you are describing. I had to use a centerpoint with locking turrets to finally hold zero.  J