Author Topic: Lets Discuss Lube Tunes, Mods and Trigger...:)  (Read 4205 times)

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Lets Discuss Lube Tunes, Mods and Trigger...:)
« on: May 13, 2007, 11:00:53 AM »
I have had a few emails from people wanting to know what air rifle springer is best out of the box.. Also which ones are worth the money spent. I know that Vince has spent alot of time buying and disecting many air rifles and has made  numerous posts regarding performance, quality etc. But would like to hear from you guys out there with first hand experience with your air guns and what you did to make them safer, accurate, comfortable to shoot, etc.

I would alos like to hear from you about what what types of tunes work best for you on your favorite air rifles and or pistolas..:)

What mods have worked best for you on any particular air gun as well including trigger mods and replacement triggers.

I think we can all learn something here...:)

Thanks
Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
RE: Lets Discuss Lube Tunes, Mods and Trigger...:)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 12:14:15 PM »
Well buddy the tune's that I did on my B3's made a world of difference since the B's are known for their rough.....everything. Afterward's they were like a different airgun, from the trigger pull to the smooth cocking and feel of the B3 when I shoot them. everything on the B3 was gone through, trigger foward. Now my 2240 I went to work on the trigger, polish, lighter spring, custom spring guide and custom trigger shoe which all add's up to a very smooth and light trigger pull. Also made a brass safety switch for it and got rid of that plastic one. But most important to me was learning to HOLD and SHOOT airgun's . Understanding your abilities and the airgun's go's along way when giving your babies a tune and some mod's. Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

RE: Lets Discuss Lube Tunes, Mods and Trigger...:)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 03:08:59 AM »

Sorry Gene it seems I might have posted in the wrong section (the shop) previous to finding this post.

Hatsan Daisy Winchester triggers,.......well who doesn't have a problem with them that owns one?.....

Having been told the solution is to alter the sears, I am starting to think otherwise. Have made a flat trigger blade and it seems to work well enough to reduce weight of pull, although to get a truly match grade unit you do have to alter and polish ONE sear surface.

I note not many of your forum members admit to owning one of these models, ....can they really be that bad over there? I just love them for hunting and target and modding triggers.

My mate Damage's cfx with Charlie's trigger is sweet to use and I aspired to make my Hatsan underlever as nice, and have gone some way to that objective with help from your Library section. Still some spring guide issues to sort out however.

Here's my earlier post on the trigger blade;

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.com/airguns/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=3048&mid=19630#M19630

cheers GS