Author Topic: Finished my Stealth, Finally  (Read 4512 times)

Finished my Stealth, Finally
« on: May 20, 2007, 03:24:06 AM »

I bought a knacker of a Stealth a while back. I bought it mainly to learn about them and as a tester for custom bits that I make. I have been modding it ever since, I don't think there has been a week that I haven't made something new for it.

So far I have made:

* Threaded End Cap
 * Many New Hammers
 * Many New breech Slides
 * Cocking Knobs
 * One Piece Top Hats and Stems
 * New Barrels
 * Spring Guides
 * Spring Spacers
 * Barrel Bushes
 * Trigger Parts
 * Built in Lamping Kit

I have just turned a new 18" barrel to fit but the barrel is only 11mm OD so I had to make a new hammer, spring guide, spacers, barrel bushes and end cap. It now sounds like a .22LR going off so I have had to make a new silencer too. I will get it on the chrono tomorrow when the LDC is finished as I reckon it is way hot at the moment. I have stripped it so it can't be fired until I chrono it.

Well I have done the chronoing and the Stealth is singing sweetly at 601fps with Accupells. I tried a stem that I made for a .177 and it shot up to over 800 so that came out again quickly.

Here are a few picture of the Stealth in it's current form.

Jon

Offline Big_Bill

• http://
RE: Finished my Stealth, Finally
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 05:46:43 AM »

Hay Jon,

Great lookin baby you have there, I not familiar with the Stealth, but your looks very hot !

Thanks for showing us what can be done with a lot of work.

Keep up those cool moods Jon,

Life Member of The United States of America
Life Member of the National Rifle Association
Member Air Guns Addicted Anonymous
SHOOT SAFE ! - SHOOT WELL ! - SHOOT OFTEN !
Always Use A Spring Compressor ! and Buy the GREAT GRT-III & CBR Triggers, cause they are GRRRREAT !

Re: Finished my Stealth, Finally
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 05:53:21 AM »
Thanks for the comments, the Stealth is similar to the Air Force Talon in the USA. I sold my QB78 when I bought it, this is the reason that I haven't been on the GTA forums much recently.

The lamping kits are available to buy if anyone wants one.

Thanks

Jon

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 06:27:52 AM »
Jon, I have to say you are a very talented man.. That Stealth is out of sight man..:) Just look at all the mods you have done. This is very unique to say the least..:) Is your version legal in the UK..:) I don't blame you if you cannot say.. hehe.. Can you take it out in the public..:)

Anyway Jon it is a work of art and now I can see why you have not been on for a while..:) We miss you and your posts...

Thanks for sharing with us Jon

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 07:05:22 AM »

Thanks Gene for your comments, just wait until you see the Spalted Beech stock I have planned. The old ally breech slide was gorgeous but I broke it when I mis-clamped it in the lathe. We all make mistakes I suppose, me more than most. The rifle is legal here in the UK and is running about 11ft/lbs (legal limit 12). I haven't worked on it constantly obviously as I have been busy with the LDC's. The only thing I spent money on was the barrel but that was only £22 as it is an ex-Crosman one. Everything else is made from scrap and offcuts.

Jon

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 10:22:58 AM »
All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!! IF YOUR HUNTING WITH THAT BABY, JUST THE SIGHT OF IT WILL DROP GAME IN THEIR TRACK'S. Very sharp......WOW 8) Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 07:51:54 PM »
Nice looking stealth John,I saw it on airgunforum.net where I sometimes lurk.How have you found it for reliability?I was fancying a Gunpower but the Storm,but I`ve seen a lot of posts about poor quality finish etc. and they need more work than SMK B2`s So now I`m leaning towards an S200 for my switch to "the Dark Side"

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 07:59:40 PM »

Hi Mark

You are right about the Stealth and Storm, they do need a lot of fettling to get them to shoot right although there are a lot of owners who don't have a problem. Maybe it's just me as I like to fiddle with things. The S200 will work great from the box and it has a quiet action, the Stealth or Storm has a very noisey action and make a lot of noise even with a good silencer. The standard silencer does not work well as it has no internals. They are however deadly accurate with a good number of shots per fill so the choice is yours.

Jon