Author Topic: RWS 34 just finished 1000 rounds  (Read 5324 times)

RWS 34 just finished 1000 rounds
« on: May 20, 2007, 01:39:51 PM »
I have just put 1000 rounds thru my 34, now I'm ready for my first teardown, clean, relube and I'm asking for advice.
My understanding is that (1) I deburr and lightly polish the piston housing ID, (2) moly paste behind the seal, (3) Polish the end coils of the spring and apply tar grease??? (4) Lube the hinge points of the cocking mechanism,(5) Apply 2 drops of chamber oil (5) Apply a little moly in the trigger mechanism(no sear work needed, the trigger is sweet).
What is the chamber lube main ingredient, silicone ?  I have access to almost every lubricant known to man, I've been a Learjet mechanic for 25 years.

RE: RWS 34 just finished 1000 rounds
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 02:23:43 PM »
I think you just about have everything covered. Internally if it sides / slips / fits inside of ...slided next to ...or over and or is hinged .  deburr it / hone it and then on spring use JM heavy tar and the rest the Molly ( 60 % !! molly Greese ) That's about it .

Don't damage the piston seal when reinstalling it. and don't get too much lube / greese ahead of the piston.

The trigger should not need anything but some molly and or gun oil .Very sparingly

I did mine and now it cocks much smoother and a tad easier . I shot about 500 -750 pellets then took the RWS 34 in .22 and .177 down and did as I described above . Then after shooting off about 10 -25 heavy pellets in the caliber that your gun is . that will help break it in and take care of any dieseling that might be occurring from lube.

You might want to then take and really clean the 2 front side forearm screws that hold stock to the gun  and clean them with alcohol or lacquer thinner , or acitone . Then use BLUE LOC-TITE on those and the front trigger guard screw. Also if using a scope you might want to use BLUE LOC-TITE on the SCOPE MOUNT SCREWS.

Check your crown and clean the barrel really good with JB Bore paste then make sure all that is out and clean with Goo Gone or some cleaner that will not leave an oily residue .

Re-site the gun in after about 100 shots and you will be amazed.

Take care have fun shoot safe .....JerryL

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 02:47:52 PM »
Hey PJ, let me alter your lub job a bit..:)  No Chamber OIl at all. Do not polish the the chamber but hone it litely. You never want any oil in chamber or in front of seal. You need some small hone marks in your chamber to help your seal seat and lubricate.. When you are ready to put piston in chamber use a very small amount of synthetic lube in the chamber but only enough that you can hardly feel it when you put your finger in there and touch inside the chamber. I mean a very very tiny bit on a rag with stick and run it down in the chamber and swirl it around a bit.

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline Big_Bill

• http://
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 02:18:06 PM »

WELCOME PJ and Jerry,

WELCOME TO THE FRIENDLIEST AIR GUN FORUM on the WEB !!!

I can see you fellows have experience with springers ! and I hope you feel at home here.

At the GTA we ar just a friendly bunch of Airgun Addicts enjoying our hobby, learning from others, and experimenting on our own !

So I know that you will like it here: CAUSE THE GTA IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE !!!

Life Member of The United States of America
Life Member of the National Rifle Association
Member Air Guns Addicted Anonymous
SHOOT SAFE ! - SHOOT WELL ! - SHOOT OFTEN !
Always Use A Spring Compressor ! and Buy the GREAT GRT-III & CBR Triggers, cause they are GRRRREAT !