Author Topic: Well, I couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore.  (Read 2328 times)

Offline nmmike

• http://
Well, I couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore.
« on: July 06, 2006, 02:24:05 PM »
This crap has gone on for the better part of a month now. I posted in the special requests to have a link to the GTA included on the Crosman forum. I also gave my feelings regarding the current situation. This will probably get me banned on the YF, not a problem as Steve in CT made the following reference "DaTuna still has 5 or 6 who visit his dead forum either out of spite for me (like I care) or are just simply not to bright to see". Well I don't know Steve Schin from Adam, so it can't be spite. I guess in his mind I'm "simply not to bright to see".
I'm sure that someone from the 'inner circle' of theYF will check out that post  (& this one) soon enough so Steve(s), do you know Bob Werner well enough to think he won't take you to task for a plethora of civil violations, or do you feel justified in your character assassination? And as long as I'm ranting, I don't know what got Steve in NC banned from the YF but I figure it had to be something to do with his abrasive attitude, Steve in CT: whatcha gonna do when that little bugger raises it's ugly head? (& it will ya know)
Oh, Bob & Gene, you didn't escape unscathed, but close.
The bottom line here is I don't give a rats a$$ who wants to 'ban' me. I've had 'adult' airguns for 24yrs., internet access for about 5yrs. and been on the AG forums about a yr. Do the math.
Mike

Huh? Did I understand this right?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 01:24:06 AM »
nmmike - 7/6/2006  10:24 PM
And as long as I'm ranting, I don't know what got Steve in NC banned from the YF but I figure it had to be something to do with his abrasive attitude, Steve in CT: whatcha gonna do when that little bugger raises it's ugly head? (& it will ya know)

NC Steve got banned again just recently? CTsteve has taken to banning his "moderators"?
Sooner or later, CTsteve is going have darn near everybody banned from the YF - talk about a "dead forum".

Like you, Mike, I have been into airguns a looong time - 30+ years. The various forums are certainly not a neccessity for me to continue to enjoy airguns, but they are an excellent way to learn, and share experiences, with others of similar interest, on a friendly basis - WITHOUT censorship. Lots of other forums on the 'net catering to virtually every facet of the hobby I know of - so CTsteve is not really hurting anyone but himself, and his "patrons" who will have to go elsewhere to seek information no longer available on the YF.

Offline nmmike

RE: Huh? Did I understand this right?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 02:42:31 AM »
I apologize Leonard, I went back & re-read that section & sure enough, I was thinking one thing & saying another. Steve in NC was banned sometime in the past (I don't remember the exact date) but is currently under 'most favored nation status' on the YF. If I still sound a little 'miffed', I am. My BS filter got full & I haven't emptyed it yet.
Again, sorry about the misleading comment,
Mike

RE: Huh? Did I understand this right?
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 02:13:43 PM »
He may have got iced when i did.
Theres a thread by me a few pages down were i tell the story of my bannage.
When it seemed like hostilities were more or less over, i went back and checked and found i had been unbanned.
I skim the pages over there occasionaly, but havent posted in a while...

Whatever, I'm not here because i still bear a grudge against Steve in CT.
My opinion of him remains essentialy the same as it has been for some time: that he is mostly a nice guy who has a bit of a temper.
And when he gets mad he tends to turn his forum into a soapbox to preach from, something i don't realy aprove of.
On the forum i help run we have a policy of moderators not taking official action regarding arguments they are a party to.
Prosecution and judge in one party doesnt make for a happy populace.

For the record i refuse to state an opinion on any buisness disputes between Steve in NC and Charlie.
It is one's word against the other. And that isn't a call i have any desire to make, nor do i have enough information.
Realy all i know is that they are both people who have answered emails and forum posts for me on many occasions.
My direct experiences with both of them has been nothing but good.

Offline nmmike

I felt a little clarification was in order.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 12:34:14 PM »
I'm not being accusatory, I just felt that I should clarify a few points.
I do not now, nor have I ever had, sufficient 'real' evidence to form a public opinion of the business dealings of Bob(CDT) and Steve in NC.
I have based my 'opinion' of the recent drama on the actions of the various participants involved, it may be wrong, but it's still my 'opinion'.
I will not be coerced or threatened into participating or excluding ANY site on the internet unless the owner of that site blocks my access.
Although it's been slow, I've come to learn that airgun forums (probably among others) are made up of two parts, airgun information and drama. The airgun information is, for the most part, very good. The drama has little or no substance and should be avoided although it's certainly easy to get caught up in.
Thanks,
Mike

I must be on CTstevie's special $**t list.........
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 03:59:43 PM »
Joben - 7/8/2006  10:13 PM
When it seemed like hostilities were more or less over, i went back and checked and found i had been unbanned.

I just checked, and found that I am still persona non grata there from home. I'll just have to keep checking things out from my buddy's computer. ( I guess he's going to block another huge range of IPs now - LOL !).