Author Topic: S. Florida Peacock Bassing  (Read 1431 times)

S. Florida Peacock Bassing
« on: June 25, 2007, 11:03:51 AM »
Went out this afternoon to do a little urban bass fishing, man was that the right decision.

Its been hot down here in S. Fla lately and that is what the exotic peacock bass loves, so I started thinking hmmmm plinking or fishing?..plinking or fishing?..........You guess what won.

Offline dw33

• http://
RE: S. Florida Peacock Bassing
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 12:58:05 PM »
Nice bass.  What lure were you using?

Offline kirby999

• http://
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 01:20:37 PM »
Nice , I'd like to get a hold of some of those on my 7 1/2 foot  4 weight flyrod. kirby
\" Shooting PCP\'s; I sometimes miss that  unmistakable smell of a springer . \"

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 02:05:00 PM »
The first three were caught on a Lucky Craft Live Pointer in Tennessee Shad color.  The biggest one, 3 lbs, hit a Storm Wild eye in a gold flash color.  I used a erratic and fast retreive, kind of like fishing for smallmouth, using a custom G. Loomis Slate 6' and a Shimano Scorpion (Japanese import) spooled with 30lb. Stren Superbraid and 3 foot of 20lb. Seaguar flourocarbon leader tied using a uni-to-uni knot.  O.K. getting to technical here, anyway had a blast catching them, they give a heck of a fight and the big one made three good runs on me. Think of them as Smallmouth on steroids.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 04:17:48 AM »
So, Robert, are they good eating? It's lunchtime, I left my lunch at home and I wanna know now!   LOL!

:~D

Bryan

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 10:38:49 AM »
Hmm, I never ate one, but I heard that they taste good. Most of the canals that the peacocks reside in are exposed to runoff from the city and I am not a big fan of bioaccumulation (conference.ifas.ufl.edu/jc/papers/flabay/5oralfb/EvansDW.doc).