Author Topic: "Super-gas"  (Read 2271 times)

Offline -=ed

• http://
"Super-gas"
« on: July 13, 2006, 08:08:42 AM »
The RX2 has an option called "super-gas"

I can't find out anything about it.

What does it do and how? It's supposed to make shooting "smoother"

Does GAMO have something such as this as an option, or is it connected to the gas spring that thr RX-2 has?

-=ed..................... \"...and in our dark despair, against our will... wisdom comes...\"

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: "Super-gas"
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 01:21:28 PM »
Hmmmmmmm..... Have not a clue. Will have to do a search on that one.. Maybe it is like Nitros Oxide in a race car... :)

If you get any info on that Ed, let us know..

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
=Ed, here is what I found out.................
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 10:32:52 PM »
Just picture a gas filled shock absorber that replaces the spring. I found a reveiw on it and it may give you some insight..

http://www.reviewcentre.com/review159900.html

Review by Petewp:

Good Points
Highly Accurate, very powerful, no spring "twang", terrific trigger, looks much better than any web photo. Nice iron sights. Hits with pronounced force.

Bad Points
It is heavy, but you get used to it. It is heavy to cock, but only badly so if you do it wrong.

General Comments
First thing that hit me is that the Beeman RX-2 .22 is much nicer looking than any of those garrish web photos. Finish was buttery smooth, with out any burs or the like. Unlike the internet pictures - no, this gun is not orange!!

Picking it up, it's obviously heavy, but not grossly so. It takes a little bit of a while to accept you arent carrying your 6 lb. rimfire, but you get over it - honestly you do. Bottom line is for my hunting, I walk a mile or so then get bedded in from a hunting station and put the gun down anyway.

"Its hard to cock"??? Oh please - then it means that you're cocking it wrong. Put the butt of the stock on the ground - usually slightly tipped. Slap the belly of the stock till the action breaks, use two hands to fufill the cocking motion - then fire. All in all, in that manner it's like I'm cocking a gun of half its power. Technique is everything. Oh by the way - I wouldnt even vaguely consider cocking the way the instruction manual says. Well not if you plan to shoot off 75 shots or more in a sitting.

It IS powerful. Clearly it'll fire thru a 1" pine board [not plywood] and pretty well blow holes thru anything I can think to plink from oranges, cubed pine wood to a clock-radio cassette player.
At 10 meters, pennies were ruptured with a three point tear that extend over an 1/8th of an inch behind it. Glycerin soap bars showed a 3 1/4" penetration with Beeman FTS's. Squirrels, even with body shots at 30 yards are done. A second shot follow up hastens a quick end but it isnt needed.

At 22FPE it gets your pellet out there in a hurry with resulting damage to complement your cocking effort - hence your wanting ot shoot nearly 100 rounds thru it in a sitting. Its a little heavy to cock for plain old plinking and is really meant to have some hunting stopping power which it does indeed. Recoil is nill from any firearm standpoint, tho the airgun industry sais this gun infact has a strong kick. I found the recoil fairly strong for a springer [ok, gas ram] but non exisitent for a firearm. Because of quick lock up time no problem with hold sensitivity. It was never distracting or bothersome. Frankly, I liked it.

Very well made. Has a very well machined quality not visible in photos. Very beefy as though they spared nothing in its design and costruction. This will be the first thing that hits you when you have it mailed to your door step. The next thing is the weight, but you get used to it - same with the cocking. Next is the awsome hitting power. After that is the sterling accuracy.

If you have this gun in the mail on the way to your house, you have great satisfaction in store.

Pete P

Good Luck
Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline -=ed

RE: "Super-gas"
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 11:35:02 PM »

I understand how it works, I am just wondering about "super-gas."

It might be raising the gas pressure in the gas-spring chamber, but I don't know. This would be like putting in a stronger spring.

I know that ?Theoben? [or someone] had a pump to raise [after lowering for whatever reason] the chamber pressure, but people used it to jack up the pressure, wrecking the gun, so they discontinued it. This is why I question my first thought about raising the internal pressure.

I can't believe it isn't covered somewhere, but I can't find it.

It would be a GREAT tune if these were made as replacements for the spring [?and chamber?] of other guns, in my case the S1k. I'd think it would be possible with some o-ringed fabricated cylinders as springchambers.

-=ed..................... \"...and in our dark despair, against our will... wisdom comes...\"

Offline -=ed

RE: "Super-gas"
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 05:13:21 AM »

I think I found something on the beeman website.

It seems, from my reading, that there is a different gas [pressure? mixture?] is used in the air piston...

It was only $20, so it can't be too exotic.

All I can see is more pressure, I can't see how any normal atmospheric gas could make that much difference to the shooting behavior.

But what do I know. :)