Author Topic: Can't believe no one has brought this up yet, but what about the crisis in the Middle East....  (Read 3249 times)

We all have an opinion, so here's mine....
-- -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone came from Mexico and kidnapped two of my family members, I wouldn't retaliate by going to Mexico and kidnapping two Mexicans. And that is what many liberals are saying that Israel should do. "A gradual response". I say Israel has every right to show harsh deterance in this matter. Without deterance, you appear weak and will be taken advantage of. Especially if your sitting in the hot bed of the Middle East. This probably all started because Israel gave up some of it's land and it came across as weakness.

So what's your take?

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Well Txairgunner, the libbers will be our end as we know it, some day. My fix for the problem would  not short of a Neutron weapon. Israel has the technology to lay these eggs strategically where ever they want. :) The reason no one uses this weapon is that all these third world countries have so many treaties with each other that it would be not only one hell of a war that would take place but would really screw up our economy. The US has put itself in arms way with these countries, with all of our treaties made based on what our great corporations wanted to be able to make billions of dollars every year. Now we are so deep into treaties that our hands are really tied.

The US is run by corporations now and of course the President of the US is bought and paid for every 4 years by the corporations.
Hence we is screwed..:)

Personally I think that Israel should blow the hell out of them. Take back the land and even take some more... :) Israel is not weak by no means. They have the best Air Force in the world next to the US, because we share all of our technology with them.

Now there will be posts here saying I am a warmonger..:) But I am not one to lay down and let others walk all over me. If I was young enough, I would be in Iraq, blasting away just like I was in Viet Nam.

Oh well, I will set back and wait for all of the ill responses to my post..... Yikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkksssssssssssssssssssss

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline CharlieDaTuna

• http://www.charliedatuna.com
I'm not so sure that turning some of these places into glass is the answer either. What I find to be a shame is that it is a few people in these countries that are involved for the most part that create the majority of the problems. Most people don't want anything more than to live in peace.

It's this minority of the people that cannot keep they treaties that the sign, lie to each other, cut each others throats, kill the people of the majority that want to live in peace, fund outsiders so they don't have to get their hands bloody and on and on. It's those people that need to be addressed but how would you go about doing that??? There lies the big problem. If that could be resolved the whole world would be at peace. (hey...that sounds familiar doesn't it...kinda like...never mind)

And it's not the Muslim religion that is the underlying cause as some would like to make us believe. It's a few of the fanatics within the Muslim religion that twist the wording to fit their ideals and brainwash their society and their children and poisoning their minds and are intent on destroying the world as we know it to make it fit their ideals no matter what the cost.

We live in a crazy world that just seems to be intent on destroying itself.
Bob  aka:  CharlieDaTuna
Co-founder of the GTA

HOME OF THE GRT-III TRIGGER

Home of the NPSS-NP Triggers:  
            http://charliedatuna.com/NPSS.htm

E-Mail:  CDT22@Verizon.net

Benji-342 .177 /Brazilian Winchester 800 .22 /Gamo Cadet .177 /Gamo Shadowmatic .177 /Gamo 440 .22 /Gamo Royal .22 /Gamo Whisper .177 /Gamo SK-1 .20 /B-20 .177 /TF-99 .177 /QB-78 .177 /QB-78t .22 /QB-78-(CD) .22 /QB-78-(CJ) .22/QB-78D .22 /Crosman 2240 .22 /Cros 150 .177 /Crosman Back Packer .22 ?Crosman AS 2250 .22 /Daisy Mod 93 .177 /Marksman 2004 .177 /GS 35 .177 /FWB-124 .177 /Custom Marauder .22 /Custom Disco .177

Offline nmmike

• http://
My wife & I were talking about this today. She had been watching her normal dose of Sunday morning news shows & a couple of interesting things came up. I have to paraphrase here, but it's pretty close.
On the charge of Israeli 'over-response':
What if Cuba shot a couple of rockets at Florida & killed 500 people or so? What would be the 'response' of the United States?
A newsperson asked a politician about the 3rd day of the war. His response was something like: This is the 3rd day of the current flare-up, it is the 53rd year of the war.
On another show a premise was put forth by representatives of BOTH parties, it went something like: We need to sit down Syria, Iran, Lebanon and North Korea & tell them that if they shoot one more missle, provide any more aid of any kind or attack the US or interests therof their country(s) will cease to exist.
My opinion: Add "We can do it, we will do it & we have done it before. End of story.
Mike

Offline Gene_SC

Mike
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 04:43:18 AM »
Depending on big corporation the president and congress will make there decisions. I think you would be surprised if  you could see the telephone conversations between our elected officials and big corporations and not to mention the bean counters...

Don't ever forget the economy. Our economy is based on Oil. If we started running all of our vehicles on nitrogen power or nuclear power, then our stock market would crash. We can't have that... :) The big corporate boys have manipulated the market now for 60 years. That's why we are in the shape we are in. What happened to our trade deficit? Do we grow wheat, barely, rice, tobacco, corn like we did in the 40's and 50's and sell it to foreign countries? No, we give it away in trade for allies and many other things. If you go to Wall Mart and look at all the things that we buy, you will see, China, Korea, Japan etc on allot more goods than you see US made on them..:)

The last time this country was run strictly by the elected president was when Teddy Roosevelt was in office... :)

Believe me I feel the same as you, but in reality decisions in the big house are made on what the corporate world wants. If there is money in it then. I know you know what I mean.

Our country has never had another country or persons attack us within our borders until 911. I would not of just sent men looking for Ben Lauding. I would of killed all of them. We would not be in Iraq now.... :)

I will wait for someone to tear me up on this...:) This is my opinion and I am an old fart who is an American who knew how it used to be and today's world is no where near how it used to be.. :)

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline nmmike

RE: Gene
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 06:32:29 AM »
I too, am an 'old fart' who has a definate 'list to starboard' & it infuriates me when someone questions my patriotism because I don't blindly support the current administration. Having turned 18 & signing up for the draft (ya, I said draft) at the beginning of the Vietnam escalation I have some definite opinions on 'which fight we wanna be in'. If I'm gonna fight and maybe die, it's going to be for a better reason than making somebody richer than they already are. It was good enough for my ol' man & it's good enough for me. My stance is: Pick your fight, have a very good reason for getting into that fight & make sure that it isn't a fight at all, it's an a$$ whuppin'.
Mike

Offline Gene_SC

Your my kinda man Mike... Heads up to ya.....

Gene

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

RE: Mike
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 05:46:15 AM »
you will see, China, Korea, Japan etc on allot more goods than you see US made on them.
Like most of our airguns?

Our country has never had another country or persons attack us within our borders until 911.
I suppose I should mention little things like The War Of 1812? When the British burned much Washington DC's public buildings, including the White House and the Treasury. Or Andy Jackson and the Battle Of New Orleans.
Or the first terrorist bomb attack on the World Trade Center on February 26, 1993. It killed six and injured over 1,000.
Or Oklahoma City....we trained our own crazies for that one.

I would not of just sent men looking for Ben Lauding. I would of killed all of them.
Who the heck is Ben Lauding? And why would you want to kill poor Ben? What did he do to you?
Now, I can agree with looking for Osama bin Laden.

We would not be in Iraq now....
The USA invaded Afghanistan in search of Osama bin Laden, not Iraq.

I will wait for someone to tear me up on this...:) This is my opinion and I am an old fart who is an American who knew how it used to be and today's world is no where near how it used to be..
I'm an Amercan also and have lived in other countries as well. Shoot, at one point I nearly took a job in Haifa!
But it helps to keep the facts a teeny bit straight in this confusing world of ours. :)
Jack

Offline nmmike

RE: Ben
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 06:01:34 AM »
I think he's Ben Stein's 2nd cousin, twice removed. I hear he's a really bad dude! 8)

I'm sorry Jack, I just couldn't help myself. I know you were trying to be serious, & your correct of course. See how I get into trouble. :D
Mike

Offline Gene_SC

So I can't spell Jack... :)
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 06:29:38 AM »
Never argued why we were in another country fighting..:) Just that our Leaders do not really decide today where we fight. It is the Big Corporate boys who decide.

I should of stated in the last century with the quote on 911.. Could be confusing. :)

Was it foreign terrorists who did the World Trade Center and the Oklahoma City? Afghanistan was aiding osama's men and giving them all shelter.

What are we discussing here anyway...:)  

Gene

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

RE: Ben
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 11:19:22 PM »
I know you were trying to be serious, & your correct of course.

What makes you think I was trying to be serious?  :)
Jack

RE: So I can't spell Jack... :)
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 11:33:25 PM »
I should of stated in the last century with the quote on 911.. Could be confusing. :)

1993 was in the last century as I recall. Unless you mean; since the year 2000? :)
And please, while many terrorist attacks have not been on the shores of New York City, the American Embassy is technically American soil. Please do not forget the Iran bombings of the Embassy and the marines who died in the hotel bombing. Aside from all the other attacks worldwide on Americans and our allies. Did you already forget the USS Cole? Or the hijacking of the USS Pueblo.

Was it foreign terrorists who did the World Trade Center

Islamic terrorists in 1993 also.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center_bombing
We really should all look at things a little deeper. This conflict has been going on since the before first Crusades!

and the Oklahoma City?

I mentioned it only because we tend to forget that we create our own terrorists sometimes. It isn't always "sum furner".

Afghanistan was aiding osama's men and giving them all shelter.

Afghanistan was where Bin Laden was at the time. The Taliban sheltered him. Military action was more justifiable.

What are we discussing here anyway...:)  

Interelatiions.
Hey, I didn't start this discussion!
The current fighting between Israel and Lebanon is only a portion of the whole picture. You cannot view them separately from the rest of world relations. It's all intertwined, it has been for centuries.

BTW- Does anyone care about the hundreds of dead and thousands of homeless people this week from the latest Tsunami? More people died in one wave in Java last Monday than have in the current Lebanon/Israeli conflict.

Jack

Offline Gene_SC

Well Jack as usual I am forgetful. This is 2000 and not 1900..:)
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 01:13:32 AM »
Anyway yes we should look a little deeper. Yes you are right about that there religious wars have been going on since the last crusade.

There is always someone lurking and waiting to make a buck off of another's mess.

I don't think I started this thread either..:)

Did I mention my words on these subjects were my opinion...:) Except I did not fingere in my memory problem or bad spelling. And I might mention that I am sure now that I aint close to being perfect....:) Thats what is so awsome about living in the Free United States, we can talk freely about anything here. Even old farts like myself..

Gene

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin