Author Topic: You have to read this!!!!  (Read 3037 times)

Offline leftcoast1

• http://
You have to read this!!!!
« on: August 07, 2007, 01:43:22 PM »
I know one person can't make a difference. My concerns are all of the idiots that need someone to follow could cause a problem. This guy is really out to lunch with his method of thinking. Here is the web site. I can't believe Mike Melick has to share the same state as this idiot.

http://www.primegun.com

This is a copy of what was written to all United States Senators on Feb. 26th 2007

Chris R. McAninch

304 S. 2nd

Grimes, IA 50111

515-480-4905

chris@gunsandmore.info

I have been a Federally Licensed Gun Dealer for a number of years. I have some real concerns, as I see serious weaknesses in the Gun Control Act of 1968. Due to the importance of this issue, I am writing all Senators. There are a number of air guns on the market today that have multi shot capabilities and can fire a heavy projectile far enough and fast enough that it could be used as a deadly weapon.

Additionally, Americans need to be protected from future forms of propelling projectiles that would not currently be classified as firearms. Such devices can include: electromagnetic devices, plasma power, coil and rail guns. Including guns designed to use new gasses, chemicals or other unknown forms of stored kinetic energy.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 was written almost 40 years ago.  The definition of firearms needs to be corrected to include any shooting device that can reach forces exceeding 60 Ft/Lbs. and correct the language regarding the definition of ammunition.

When setting limits one must use scientific measurements. The only way to measure the effects of a projectile is a mathematical equation that measures force, or foot pounds of energy. If you square the velocity in feet per second and multiply the weight in grains, then divide the answer by 450,450, the result is Ft/Lbs. One foot pound is the energy required to lift one pound to the height of one foot.

Larger bored air guns can shoot 9mm, 45 caliber and even 50 caliber projectiles weighing up to 200 grains. Larger bore pellet guns can reach from 100 to almost 200 Ft/Lbs of force. A typical air rifle shoots a projectile from 4.5 to 21 grains in .177 or .22 caliber. Speeds in a typical air gun can range from 300 to 1250 feet per second. Under these conditions, the Ft/Lbs would be from 1 to less than 60.

For reference: a 22 short, a 32 auto and a 22 long rifle have forces from 70 to less than 100 Ft/Lbs. A 380 has a force of 190 Ft/Lbs. A 9mm which is a common round for law enforcement, attains 304 Ft/Lbs of pressure.

The definition of “Ammunition” is grammatically and physically incorrect. Law should be written so it can be understood by those that are governed by it and sworn to uphold it.

The following corrections to the Gun Control Act of 1968 should protect Americans well into the future without harming industry, and give a clear direction to those who are sworn to uphold the law
Jason
A couple of Springers nothin to get excited about.

Offline 3n00n

From Ia? Sounds more like a nazifornia fascist
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 02:09:35 PM »
How does the "GCA" stop an inanimate object from being an inanimate object?
~
More "law" doesn't stop or detercrime.
Onlyincreases litigation and makes more lawyers richer.
~
~
My parents told me about Mr. Common Sense early in my life and told me I
would do well to call on him when making decisions. It seems he was
always around in my early years but less and less as time passed by.
Today I read his obituary. Please join me in a moment of silence in
remembrance, for Common Sense had served us all so well for so many
generations.
~
Obituary

Common Sense
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who
has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was
since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He
will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing
when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life
isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more
than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children
are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but
overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy
charged with s3xual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended
from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for
reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the
job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.
It declined even further when schools were required to get parental
consent to administer Aspirin, sun lotion or a sticky plaster (band aid)
to a student, but could not inform the parents when a student became
pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense was losing the will to live as criminals received better
treatment than their victims and Common Sense took another beating
when people couldn't defend themselves from a burglar in
their own home and the burglar could sue for assault
in the event of a confrontation.

Common Sense finally gave up entirely after a woman failed to
realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in
her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge monetary settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his
wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He
is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know my Rights, Someone Else is to
Blame, and I'm a Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

RE: You have to read this!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 02:11:05 PM »
Jason, this may be one of those cases where one person could potentially make a difference if he can get into the minds of the right (or wrong, in this case) people.

My question to this fellow would be, "where are all of the crime statistics that include use of an airgun/pellet gun/BB gun/plasma gun/rail gun/ray gun in a homicide? And do these instances occur statistically any more frequently than homicide by baseball bat/table lamp/empty beer bottle/shopping cart/neighbor's cat/wet noodle?"

I guess it's just one more justification for always being ready to push the button on another airgun purchase, so you can stash them away for the day when only criminals will have access to airguns.

Keep the faith, sisters and brothers...

Bryan

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 02:30:17 PM »
Amen "J" . Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: You have to read this!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 03:09:24 PM »
In my day they I was introduced to common horse sense...:) This guy that Jason has shown us here is just another example of communism, blatant liberals, do gooders, which are the ones that seem to control our destiny with all of our rights. I was always taught that the majority ruled but not really these days. It makes me sick sometimes thinking that we go off to war to protect our freedom and rights but at home here there are forces working against our freedoms and rights.

That's my 3 cents
Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline Randino

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 06:47:10 AM »
There is always someone who has to ruin it for the majority. Common sense tells me, if someone wants to get a Real gun, or any other weapon, and use it to hurt me, they will, and there isn't much the government can do about it. Bad people will always have weapons, these laws only keep the good people from having a chance to fight back. Thats the point, the people who support this kind of thing are pacifists, and don't want anyone to know business end of a gun, let alone have the capability to defend ourselves. We should each chose for ourselves, and if they don't want guns, thats fine with me.
Current weapon of choice: Betsy, my Turbo Tuned Gamo Hunter 220.177 with the GRT III Trigger.

Offline JMG

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 08:49:21 AM »

I drive across a major N., S. freeway twice a day during the week to get back and forth to work. The bridge that goes over this freeway is like many in our country where there is no fencing or screen to keep someone from chunking a bowling ball on vehicles driving underneath at 70 miles an hour. Now you may ask what this has to do with what the man says in his letter to the government officials. It has everything to do with it.... a bowling ball dropped or thrown from this bridge would definately exceed the 60 ft/lbs. energy this guy is talking about. How many baseball players we have on the forum? Ever been hit by a semi pro fast ball doin 85 mph? Doesnt feel to impressive. And I am guessing that it would also come very close to the 60 limit. Basically if you can take a 1 lb. object and throw it at 62 FPS guess what? Thats a little over the 60 ft/lb limit this guy is wanting to call something a firearm. It is ridiculous to say the least. There will always be someone that will want things a certain way to appease themselves by thinking they are doing good. When in actuality it is everyones responsibility to act accordingly in whatever society you are in or else pay the societies price.Me personally, I had a CWP in Wa. state. I use to carry a glock 23 and a seacamp .32. Never did I ever draw on anyone...thank god, nor did I ever happen upon a situation where I needed to. I quit carrying the guns for the simple reason that I feel that the book has already been written and what will happen will happen period. Iwont argue this point because it is just my opinion and everyone else has one. I will respect other peoples opinions and expect the same. In all actuality I really believe that the government will not be able to do a whole heck of a lot to limit guns in the USA. There are just too many of them. Not to mention that a guy with a lathe and a milling machine can crank out saturday night specials by the truck loads out of his garage. I would much rather see the government trying to educate people rather than limiting them. Government control brings animosity from its people Education on the other hand brings a more positive out look on things. Ok I am jumping off my soapbox now.... silly me I am sittin here rambling to myself!!!

John

Ok I shoot....maybe not well but I do shoot hehe, B26-2.177, X3-B3-2 .177, RWS 34 .177, QB78 Deluxe .177, CR 1322 Medalist
[img=../photos/get-photo.asp?photoid=610]

Offline 3n00n

Fact is a baseball @ 75 m/h is 60fpe
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 10:23:25 AM »
Think you'dneed to besemi pro to throw a 2242 grain baseball at this speed?
~
Just outlaw air, it is the only reasonable solution to the problem.
~
Anyone caught with air or using air should immediately be labled a treasonous homicidal terrorist traiter and summarily executed for obtaining, or dealing with such a hazardous compound.
{Keep in mind thatair is mainly an explosive gas [hydrogen] a critical oxidizing gas[oxygen] and a gas that kills all lifewith the slim exception ofa fewdeepwater seaworms [nitrogen] and is currently the major cause of all problems known to man}
~
Ban and outlawAIR so that everyone can be safe.

Offline NMCA_Ron

• http://fasteststreetcar.com
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 01:05:55 AM »
It has been my experience that in the last few decades legislation has been enacted to keep unintelligent people from behaving unintelligently. It seems, however, this legislation only propagates a lack of intelligence. For some reason, there are people out there who feel it is their sworn duty to protect stupid people. Apparently, these protectors (politicians) feel the more stupid people there are in the world (constituents) the more votes they will receive by protecting them and reminding them of it come election time.

I say let Darwin's theory of evolution run it's course...

There is NO reason we should have to put a warning lable on a hot cup of coffee declaring it is hot. An idiot is going to burn him/her self anyway.
\"What we need are more people who specialize in the impossible.\" - Theodore Roethke

Offline Big_Bill

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 04:06:06 AM »

Hey All,

All I can say, is: That All it takes forEVIL to SUCCEDE, Is for GOOD MEN to do NOTHING !

37 years ago, I took an oath to Protect and Defend the Constitution of The United States of America. From ALL ENEMIES, HERE and ABROAD ! (FORIEN and DOMESTIC)

Standing around complaining, accomplishes NOTHING ! The Enemy hopes that NO ONE WILL STAND AND DEFEND MY CONSTUTION. If you are unhappy about the situations today, YOU must make YOUR FEELINGS KNOWN, to your Senators and Congressmen. And let them know that YOU will not allow continued encroachmentof YOUR CONSTITUTION !

JOIN Organizations that support your feeling, and make your feelings known !

Remember that the SQUEEKY WHEEL GET'S OILED. and we see this every day, with special interest groups getting, "SPECIAL ATTENTIONS".

I know I WILL AGAIN STAND TALL AND PROTECT ANDDEFENDMY CONSTITUTION, MY FLAG, AND MY COUNTRY, THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA !....WILL YOU ?

Always remember: United We Stand....Divided We Fall !

That is my Nickel's WORTH !

Life Member of The United States of America
Life Member of the National Rifle Association
Member Air Guns Addicted Anonymous
SHOOT SAFE ! - SHOOT WELL ! - SHOOT OFTEN !
Always Use A Spring Compressor ! and Buy the GREAT GRT-III & CBR Triggers, cause they are GRRRREAT !

Offline Randino

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 07:06:24 AM »
I'm with ya.

"HERE and abroad" ay, I know of some anti American scum that needs deporting, just wish our guys would do that, had we got rid of them in Vietnam, we wouldn't have half the problems we are having today. Tell me how a bunch of towel headed loonies with rocks, rusting guns, and simple bombs I could make blind folded, "defeated" the mightiest military force in the world?
Current weapon of choice: Betsy, my Turbo Tuned Gamo Hunter 220.177 with the GRT III Trigger.

Offline JMG

RE: Fact is a baseball @ 75 m/h is 60fpe
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 07:49:37 AM »

LOL J that was my whole point. I just didnt have the weight of a baseball handy when I was replying to the post hehe. But I have been hit by an 85 mph fastball and umm it is right up there with not wanting to get shot with an airgun in my book.

John

Ok I shoot....maybe not well but I do shoot hehe, B26-2.177, X3-B3-2 .177, RWS 34 .177, QB78 Deluxe .177, CR 1322 Medalist
[img=../photos/get-photo.asp?photoid=610]

Offline 3n00n

Last I checked 'new laws' weren't stopping criminals
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 04:36:26 PM »
We just creating 'new crimes' for them to be charged with? Did the '1934 GCA' stop the gangsters from killing each other? Or did it just restrict the law abiding to the point of being at the ??mercy?? of the lawless?
~
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison
~
So the '1968 GCA' was passed and now who is it that becamesafer?
~
Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
~
So what doesthat mean anymore?Seems both GCA and1986 ban does exactly the 'infringed' that 'shall not be' according to that Amendment.
~
. . . kicks soapbox . . . shrugs . . . wanders off confused . . .

Offline DanoInTx

• http://airgunartisans.com
RE: Fact is a baseball @ 75 m/h is 60fpe
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 05:12:05 PM »
JMG - 8/9/2007  2:49 PM

LOL J that was my whole point. I just didnt have the weight of a baseball handy when I was replying to the post hehe. But I have been hit by an 85 mph fastball and umm it is right up there with not wanting to get shot with an airgun in my book.

John

Was it a round nose or wadcutter?  Hehe, I got hit with a few when I played ball as a kid....none of those were anywhere near 80mph, but they sure felt like it.  I actually had a close friend get caught in a pickle between 1st and 2nd base...he ended up with a fast ball in the face which broke his jaw, nose and colapsed his cheek bone.  That's it, abolish American Little League and give those kids Red Ryders!  Stuff like this is why I joined the militia in the first place, the airgun militia that is:)
Dan

Current shooters: Beeman HW97K .177 with Hawke Eclipse 4x16x50SFAO and Steve C. stock, Beeman R9 .177 with Hawke Airmax 4-12x40AO and Gene\'s Midas touch, Air Arms S200 with Bushnell Banner 6x24x40AO Rowan brass bling and Steve C. custom stock, BAM B25, BAM B40 .177 with BSA 3x12x44AO, Benjamin Marauder .22, Benjamin 397 pumper.

\"repeat this mantra:
Air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzz, air gunzzzzzzz!!!  ...You will feel better\" T.E.C.2008