Author Topic: My New QB 78 is leaking at the barrel end.. :0  (Read 3512 times)

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
My New QB 78 is leaking at the barrel end.. :0
« on: July 19, 2006, 01:53:42 PM »
Guess something must be stuck in the valve.. I first had a bad o'ring on the bottle. Part of it was missing. Fixed that and now the QB leaks after a fill. Gonna have to look how to take it apart and clean the valve.

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

RE: My New QB 78 is leaking at the barrel end.. :0
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 12:27:23 PM »
Talk to Mike Melick.  He walked me through the disassembly on the telephone.  Mike is a great guy, but you probably already know that.  Miy QB78 was doing the same thing a couple of weeks ago.  I took it apart with Mike's help and took the valve out.  I took the valve apart, but couldn't find anything wrong.  I checked the valve seal with a magnifying glass but still didn't see anything wrong.  I wiped off the valve seal, put everything back together, and the leak was fixed.  I think a little bit of fluff gets on the valve seal and it leaks as a result.  It doesn't take much.

Bevo66

Offline Gene_SC

Re: My New QB 78 is leaking at the barrel end.. :0
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 12:35:04 PM »
Well, I carried the Sick QB over to CharlieDaTuna's shop and we found the problem. It was the valve pin seal. I talked to Roy at Mountain Air and he is gonna replace it. That really makes me happy cause I don't have to put it all together and send it back... :)

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 02:29:32 PM »
Roy at Mountain Air is also a super guy to work with on airguns.  I have an MA2250 from him.  It is deadly and shoots hard.

Gene, you said it was the valve pin seal.  Is this the same thing that I was calling the "valve seal",i.e., the seal on the valve stem?

Just curious.

Bevo66

Offline Gene_SC

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 03:10:06 PM »
Yes Bevo66

At the bottom of the steel pin where it is pressed into the brass piece.

Gene

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 11:53:33 PM »
Thats a common problem on hot rods, Roy will make it right I'm sure.

Offline Gene_SC

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 12:16:47 AM »
Yes Mike, He is sending me a replacement next week. Mike have you got a .20 cal barrel for the QB's?

Gene

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 12:21:58 PM »
Sorry no I don't, just use stock parts mostly on my rifles. I think Lothar-Walther may have them. I see Roy Wied has stems for sale now.