Author Topic: .20 Cal 1000 X gets it done.  (Read 2086 times)

.20 Cal 1000 X gets it done.
« on: July 28, 2006, 07:07:41 AM »
Here ya go, my buddy next door saw me shooting a while back and asked me to get this one tree rat that was destroying his bird feeders.

He puts corn and sunflower seeds out for the Squirrels, but this one guy liked bird feed better.

I measured to his feeder and it was 96 feet, but a tin shed is right behind his feeders.The Squirrel was sitting up sorta lookin my way and I tagged him with  a quartering shot under his nose, 11.4 FTS went throught him and out his side, and put a little dent in the shed but, Jim said no big deal at least the squirrel is done for.

19 Fpe is a little strong for a shot of this distance I guess,  11.4 Gr. Beeman Field & Target Specials at 870 fps did the job alright.

Offline longislandhunter

• http://
RE: .20 Cal 1000 X gets it done.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 11:44:19 AM »
Nice lookin rifle, enjoyed the pics.  Certainly did do the job :)
\"If it was easy it wouldn\'t be hunting, it would be shopping.\"

RE: .20 Cal 1000 X gets it done.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 02:40:42 AM »
As much grief as people seem to give this rifle on some of the forums, I find it is the best hunting rifle I've had.
I have yet to have a squirrel walk away from it with shots all the way out to 40 yards. It isn't the sexiest gun out there but it certainly does it's job.
I am glad to see that it is doing the job for you too. I hope the caliber change continues to work for you as well. Nice work there.

Take care.
Russ S.