Author Topic: cops  (Read 9636 times)

Offline r1derbike

• http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v402/r1derbike/
Oops...Double Post, disregard this.
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2007, 08:06:31 AM »
NT
Lead Launchers: 30 Year Old Daisy .177 Cal. Model 880 Pumper (BSA 3022SB Red Dot Scope), Gamo CFX .22 Cal. Springer with GRT III Trigger (BSA 4X32 Scope), Gamo CFX .177 Cal. Combo Springer (BSA 2-7X32 AO Scope), Gamo R-77 .177 Cal. CO2 Combat Pistol (Laser Sight), Umarex/Beretta .177 Cal. CX4 Storm CO2 Bullpup (Walther PS-22 Red Dot Scope & Dorcy Night Light), Chinese QB-57 .22 Cal. Takedown Springer (BSA 3022SB Red Dot Scope & Dorcy Night Light),  Chinese Tech-Force S2-1 .177 Cal. Springer Pistol (Boat Anchor...), Chinese Tech-Force Contender Model 89 .22 Cal. Springer (BSA Laser & Tactical Light, CenterPoint 4-16X40 Illum. Ret. Mil. Dot Scope), Crosman 1377 .177 Cal. Pumper Pistol (1399 stock, BSA 3022SB Red Dot Scope), Daisy Powerline 717 .177 Cal. Single-Pump Pistol (Open Sights).

Offline r1derbike

• http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v402/r1derbike/
Re: cops
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2007, 08:08:12 AM »
only1harry, my comment was for smellslikepeople.  Fortunately, I don't have problems with neighbors any more, because being the intolerant type, I don't put up with much BS, so I leave!  8)

I'm fortunate to live in a retirement community, where neighbors (sparse as they are), are home a lot.  I've never seen a patrol car on my cul de sac since I've lived here.  I had a pocket pc/phone stolen from my mailbox once, but that's it.  Kids do maraud the neighborhoods, coming from who-knows-where, but I have seen a few of them in cuffs a few times, sitting in a ditch, or on the front lawn of a home they obviously "hit".  People here call the police for anything as trivial as a Wrigley's gum wrapper in their yard.  Some of the stuff that gets reported in the paper is a hoot!

I'm a ham radio operator, I had to move to a rural area, because the urban sprawl where I used to live interfered with my operation.  Hundreds of home entertainment devices, battery chargers, switching power supplies and adapters created havoc with my noise floor.  It was intolerable.  Now I may work-the-world in peace.  I love it here.  Sometimes it takes moving a lot to get to where you need to be.  I've moved 9 times since the late 70s, with work.  No more.

I really feel for you guys/gals who are in a situation where neighbors are jerks.  Been there, done that.  Good luck!

Charles
Lead Launchers: 30 Year Old Daisy .177 Cal. Model 880 Pumper (BSA 3022SB Red Dot Scope), Gamo CFX .22 Cal. Springer with GRT III Trigger (BSA 4X32 Scope), Gamo CFX .177 Cal. Combo Springer (BSA 2-7X32 AO Scope), Gamo R-77 .177 Cal. CO2 Combat Pistol (Laser Sight), Umarex/Beretta .177 Cal. CX4 Storm CO2 Bullpup (Walther PS-22 Red Dot Scope & Dorcy Night Light), Chinese QB-57 .22 Cal. Takedown Springer (BSA 3022SB Red Dot Scope & Dorcy Night Light),  Chinese Tech-Force S2-1 .177 Cal. Springer Pistol (Boat Anchor...), Chinese Tech-Force Contender Model 89 .22 Cal. Springer (BSA Laser & Tactical Light, CenterPoint 4-16X40 Illum. Ret. Mil. Dot Scope), Crosman 1377 .177 Cal. Pumper Pistol (1399 stock, BSA 3022SB Red Dot Scope), Daisy Powerline 717 .177 Cal. Single-Pump Pistol (Open Sights).

Offline only1harry

• http://
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2007, 03:14:23 PM »
It's ironic Gene how it's illegal to shoot airguns in your town/city, but perfectly legal in mine, but I 'm the one having problems :)

I am also on the outskirts of town and it's actually still kind of rural here too.  There are large farms less than 1/8mi. of my house and a large lake/reservoir 1/2mi. away.  There is at least a mile of nothing but farms and woods from my street to the neighboring town north of here.  My street is almost like a cul-de-sac.  It's basically a horseshoe.  Only people that live here drive through.  Used to only be 8 houses on the street but they started building out both ends of the road and now there are 12.  A little too crowded for me..  Unbeknownst to me, the builder had kept the wooded lots at each end of the street for 20yrs and sold them to a company a few years ago for a huge profit.  They began building new houses immediately.  They then cut down the trees on top of the hill behind my house and started putting houses there too.  A country road runs parallel to our street about 30yds from the top of the hill behind our homes.  The woods in and around our street that engulfed our little remote neighborhood are almost completely gone.  When I used to look across the street I saw nothing but woods behind my neighbors' homes.  Now there are less trees and I can make out some houses.  They built a small road parallel to ours 3-4yrs ago with a large cul-de-sac and ~$1M homes.  The seclusion feeling I always had has now completely faded.  

I too hear centerfire rifle shots fired out in the distance (sound like canons going off) now and then, even outside of the hunting season all year round, and some .22 rimfire shots from a neighbor up the street and behind my neighbors house across the street.  My next door neighbor hears them too and he thought I might be one of those shooting firearms which is illegal unless you are 500ft away from a dwelling.  I reassured him I don't do that and that I only use airguns with sufficient backstop and the pellets never traverse anyone's property but mine.  He didn't like that either and asked if I could do it somewhere else.  I felt like asking him, "why don't you go live somewhere else?"..  To be honest, almost all of us used to shoot our .22's now and then before the new homes were built all around us.  We talked about our back yard small game kills at BBQ's.  Now myself and at least one other close neighbor I know have switched to pellet guns.  It was a good trouble free 9-10yrs but nothing last forever though.

My situation still beats my cousin's.  He lives a couple of towns over 10min. away.  He bought a house next to a very large farm and was proud that his closest neighbor was an old barn almost 200yds away.  2yrs later the farmer sold his property and it became a large townhouse complex!  They 're all around him now and still building, almost on top of him.. He was forced to put up a fence so he can get some privacy.  His property was beginning to look as part of the development.  He was approached by the dev. company a couple of weeks ago, so he might get lucky and sell it because he was thinking of moving.  If I do it all over again, I 'll make sure I buy at least 2-3 acres and the lot is square instead of rectangular like now.  Only problem is I may have to rob a bank to afford it in a location where I can still drive to work in under 2hrs :(  or break the bad news to the wife that she must get a job :)
Springers:
Diana 36 .177
Diana 350 .22 (donated by Timmy!)
Diana 350 .177
PCP\'s:
Air Force Condor .22 (Airhog)
Air Force Condor .25 (Talon Tunes)
Air Force Condor .25 (Lemak)  
CO2/Pump:
RWS Hammerli 850 .22
Crosman 2240 Custom .22
A few Crosman pumpers .177

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2007, 03:58:10 PM »
Don't ya just love it when you are just minding your own business and doing what you have done for years and some moves next to you and spoils all the fun..:( Had the same thing happen to me in California. Believe it or not I found a place miles from any freeway in the hills and it was full of orange groves and lemon orchards for miles around me. Nine years later I was boxed in.. And that's one of the reasons I moved to Upstate South Carolina. Towns here are usually at most 6 to 10,000 in population. Lots of country roads, lakes, farms and forests every where you go in either direction for miles. Guess we know how the small game feels when the developers move in on us..:)

But you can look at if from someone who lives in the burbs of NY, LA, etc. They just have a small area at best to shoot. I have seen allot of newer members in the last year asking about quiet air guns on the GTA. When that subject comes up you know where they probably live. In  my small business of making muzzle brakes and shrouds I get at least one email a week asking me if I make muzzle brakes that will eliminate all the noise from there particular air gun or rifle. I do not make those but people still ask. I even have it on my web site that I do not to those types of muzzle brakes.

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin