Author Topic: CZ Slava 634 - Something you all should know.......  (Read 4086 times)

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
CZ Slava 634 - Something you all should know.......
« on: October 30, 2007, 02:31:57 PM »

Since my initial report on the new CZ Slava 634, I have put around 1000 rounds through it via iron sights. This $125.00 air rifle has amazed me ever since I bought it. Kirby bought the first one and put up a review on it and it caught my eye, so I purchased one. These are not normally imported to the US but just so happened a Smitty in Georgia got a case of them.. I am very fortunate that I picked one up. After a good tuning and 1000 rounds through her she is one of the nicest air rifles I have laid my hands on. The CZ is not a magnum by a long shot but she can just about shoot a bees eye out a 10 meters. I had set up and counted off two distances. One was ten meters and the other was twenty meters. Absolutly without any reservations this air rifle can shoot ragged hole groups jus with the iron sites at both distances. I normally do not shoot at close range like that but I did not have a scope or proper mount to install on her untill this morning. I ended up using a B-Square two piece 9-13 mm dove mount on her which fit perfect. I also purchased a Tasco Golden Antler 3-9X32AO scope as welll. After everything was all mounted up I took her out back to see how I could fair with the new scope and mounts. Normally the CZ I think is a typical Euro drooper but I could not find any drooper mounts with 14mm dove rails. So I took a chance on the B-Square mounts that advertized they would fit 9-13 mil dove. They worked..:) My first shot was about 4 inches low with out any adjustment. After one adjustment I was hitting dead center on a 1 1/2" hand made target. One pellet almost on top of another. Almost peed me paints I was so over joyed.. hehehe

The CZ Slava 634 is one heck of a nice shooter if you like total consistant accuracy. She is very plain and no frills about her. Just a plain air rifle that can probably shoot the pants off of most high end pcp's and springers out to 30 yards. I used Gamo Hunter Round's and Gamo Tomahawks and there was no adustment needed on the scope when I switched from one to another pellet. I have taken a few pics including the first target where I think I was swiching back and fourth between the two different pellets. You can see there is no space between the 15 or so shots I took. I had the target glued to the side of a plastic paint can..:)

This is one air rifle I think everyone should experience. Out of all my air rifles this is one of the most enjoyable ones to shoot. One last thing is I made a shroud for the CZ and there was no shift in poi or poa

Gene

THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline PeakChick

• http://
RE: CZ Slava 634 - Something you all should know.......
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 02:48:02 PM »
Very impressive results Gene. It is a good looking, simple, no-nonsense rifle.

How's the trigger?
The current stable, (arsenal, quiver?): BSA Lightning XL .177, BSA Sportsman HV .22, BSA Ultra .177, CZ634 .177, Daystate Harrier X .177, TAU 200 Senior .177, HW 97 .177, HW 50s .177, HW 30 .177, RWS 92 .177, Gamo 126 MC Super, Gamo Big Cat .177, AR2078A, QB78 .177, Quest 1000 .177, Beeman SS650 .177., Beeman P17 .177.

Those who do not learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it.

Offline Gene_SC

• http://www.airguntoys.com
Re: CZ Slava 634 - Something you all should know.......
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 03:07:02 PM »
LOL Stephanie, and I forgot the best part.... It is a great tirgger. It is a direct seer trigger. When I took it over to CDT's and we did a major tune on her, we polished every part of the trigger parts and seer pin was trued up and polished perfect. It is also adjustable and we did not use a pull scale on it but I would say it is about a 2 lb trigger and very very smooth with a definet brakeing point.

Gene
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH: BSA Lightning XL, AA TX-200, AA ProSport, BSA Ultra, HW-97K, Crosman NPSS .177, FX Cyclone, HW-30 Nicle Plated, AA-S200, Crosman Marauder, CZ-634, R-9 DG, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Kantana, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery.....

Gene\'s Tunz n Toyz
Springer Tunin

Offline shadow

• http://airguncamo@yahoo.com
Re: CZ Slava 634 - Something you all should know.......
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 11:15:50 PM »
WOW buddy them are some great pattern's and as for the look's I think she's got some great line's. :) Ed
I airgun hunt therefore I am... };)  {SHADOWS Tunes & Camo}  airguncamo@yahoo.com