Author Topic: Seal Lube whilst Bilk Loading  (Read 1934 times)

Seal Lube whilst Bilk Loading
« on: November 01, 2007, 12:42:41 AM »
Just about ready with my Bilk Fill kit and a thought crossed my mind...

I know Crosman Co2 Powerlets contain a "seal lube" and wonder whats the best procedure when bulking.

A local gun shop recommended "Kasu brand" Aerosol Dry Silicone Lube, advising me to spray a shot into the QB78 co2 tube/ chamber approx every 250 pellets. Another guy reckons to buy liquid silicone gun oil and put a "drop" into the tube every so often.

Any of you guy's know what's best ? I have bought both of the above and whilst reading somewhere you can "over-lube" seals in a QB78 i thought i had better ask the "Fountain of Knowledge" !!

Cheers All

RE: Seal Lube whilst BULK Loading !!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 12:44:11 AM »
Doh ! Shall review b$ posting nxt time  :o

Offline SDale

• http://
RE: Seal Lube whilst BULK Loading !!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 03:48:10 AM »
Probably the best thing to do is get a tube of Crosman Pelgun Oil and put a drop into the neck of the fill adaptor just before you fill the gun.

I'm still running with powerlets, so I put a drop on the end of the first cartrige then charge as normal and give the gun a quick firing just after I fill it. I do that every fourth or fifth cartrige change.

Offline r1derbike

• http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v402/r1derbike/
Re: Seal Lube whilst Bilk Loading
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 04:58:25 PM »
Been using Crosman Pellgun Oil (30 wt. non-detergent oil) in the CO2 guns, one drop on the business end of the CO2 (airsource, powerlets) bottles  every 3 changes.

Can't tell if it has hurt or improved anything.  I guess no problems so far means it's working...

Charles
Lead Launchers: 30 Year Old Daisy .177 Cal. Model 880 Pumper (BSA 3022SB Red Dot Scope), Gamo CFX .22 Cal. Springer with GRT III Trigger (BSA 4X32 Scope), Gamo CFX .177 Cal. Combo Springer (BSA 2-7X32 AO Scope), Gamo R-77 .177 Cal. CO2 Combat Pistol (Laser Sight), Umarex/Beretta .177 Cal. CX4 Storm CO2 Bullpup (Walther PS-22 Red Dot Scope & Dorcy Night Light), Chinese QB-57 .22 Cal. Takedown Springer (BSA 3022SB Red Dot Scope & Dorcy Night Light),  Chinese Tech-Force S2-1 .177 Cal. Springer Pistol (Boat Anchor...), Chinese Tech-Force Contender Model 89 .22 Cal. Springer (BSA Laser & Tactical Light, CenterPoint 4-16X40 Illum. Ret. Mil. Dot Scope), Crosman 1377 .177 Cal. Pumper Pistol (1399 stock, BSA 3022SB Red Dot Scope), Daisy Powerline 717 .177 Cal. Single-Pump Pistol (Open Sights).